PDA

View Full Version : Question about making ADRs online

laprana
11-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Our 180-day mark is coming up next Monday, Nov. 29, and I plan on making our ADRs online. I did this last year without any problems, but since it's been a year I went to the WDW dining web page just to poke around and re-familiarize myself with it and the ADR-making process.

One thing that looks like is different is entering your hotel reservation number. Maybe I'm just missing it, but I can't find anywhere to do this. :confused: Don't you have to enter your reservation number so that you can access the 180+10 ADR booking window? If I just log onto the WDW website, will the ADR page be able to see my reservation and allow me access to the 180+10 window? (We have a DVC reservation, if that makes any difference at all.)

Usually if I had a problem with the website, I would just call to make our ADRs, but we have some hard-to-get reservations we're hoping to make, like breakfast at CRT, so I'm hoping to get our ADRs made as early as I possibly can. Please :help:! TIA!

faline
11-22-2010, 11:45 AM
There's currently a glitch in the on-line dining reservation system. It is only accepting reservations for the 180 day mark - not the 180 day + 10. To make reservations for 180 days + 10, you will likely get an message on the on-line system, instructing you to call and make your reservations with the call-in system.

laprana
11-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Aw, man, that's a bummer! I guess I'll plan on calling, but I'll keep checking the website and keep my fingers crossed that they'll work out the bugs between now and then. (Wishful thinking with Disney's IT department, I know.)

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

Suz36
11-27-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm pretty sure you can make online ressies beginning at 6AM, so it may be worthwhile to give it a try at that time, then if you have problems, you can call at 7AM when they open.

faline
11-27-2010, 08:31 PM
Online does open at 6 a.m. However, the online reservation system is till only allowing you to make reservations exactly at the 180 day mark but not at 180 days plus 10.

laprana
11-29-2010, 11:42 AM
I called first thing this morning right at 6:00 a.m. (7:00 a.m. eastern time) and was able to get everything I wanted with no problems! :thumbsup: I kept checking the web site up until late last night and it still just showed that you could only book ADRs for 180 days out, not 180+10.

I got on with a very nice CM without any holding time at all, which was great. We had a lot of ADRs to make, so around 6:10 a.m. my sister tried to call to make the last 5 or so ADRs on our list and they said the wait time was over 30 minutes at that point. I'm guessing that the phone lines are really busy because the online system is not working for 180+10.