PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi Question

PixiePrincess
11-22-2010, 08:22 AM
Last time we dined at Sci-Fi a few years back, we were very disappointed with the food. While browsing restaurant menus for our upcoming trip, we noticed that the menu for Sci-Fi looks like it has changed a bit. Has anyone been recently and can give me a little feedback? Thanks!

azcavalier
11-22-2010, 09:24 AM
We were there a month ago for dinner, and quite enjoyed it. It's not a Signature restaurant, to be sure, but we have never had bad food or service there. It is what it is. American Cuisine served in a fake car. The food was decent. I've had far worse meals at Beirgarten, Tony's Town Square, Garden Grill, and Hollywood and Vine.

LandFan
11-22-2010, 11:32 AM
We like it a lot for lunch. As one poster said, it is what it is - a burger and milkshake kinda place. I wouldn't personally order more intricate dinner stuff there (kinda like I wouldn't order seafood at a diner) but the burgers, fried, reubens, etc are very good!

LandFan
11-22-2010, 11:46 AM
oops *fries*

SandmanGStefani24
11-22-2010, 12:39 PM
the food is as the others have said, but we absolutely loved the place! We were looking for a fun type atmosphere with basic drive-in style food. We ordered light, with appetizers and desserts but got a great meal with a low price and lots of fun. We aren't old enough to have gone to the real drive ins so it was as close as we're gonna get!

Wrigley
11-22-2010, 12:59 PM
We really enjoy Sci-Fi, and it has become a must-do for us. The burgers, onion rings, and milkshakes are very good. It's the atmosphere that sells it for us. It's just a fun place to eat.:mickey:

Belster
11-22-2010, 03:29 PM
We LOVE Sci-Fi...we were jus there 3 weeks ago. The only change the my DH and I noticed was that they no longer had a Cheeseburger for Dinner...we asked if they could make it and they did.

We always get shakes as our drink when we are there and still get dessert..yummmmmmmmmm!

Belster
11-22-2010, 03:29 PM
We LOVE Sci-Fi...we were jus there 3 weeks ago. The only change the my DH and I noticed was that they no longer had a Cheeseburger for Dinner...we asked if they could make it and they did.

We always get shakes as our drink when we are there and still get dessert..yummmmmmmmmm!

I forgot to mention that I had the Shrimp Pasta and it was VERY good...but I smelled like garlic all day! hahaha:mickey:

Gator
11-22-2010, 04:15 PM
I've only been once. I remember the shakes being good, but the rest of the food seemed about counter service quality. The ambience is what sets it apart. Kinda like San Angel - fantastic atmosphere with sub-standard food.

CaptSmee
11-24-2010, 01:34 AM
Over the years, I've had just about everything on the menu and have never been disappointed. My fav thing's about the Sci-Fi are the trailers (which I wish they would change occasionally), and their awesome appetizers!

KylesMom
11-24-2010, 08:50 AM
We've never ventured to Sci-Fi for dinner, but it's always a nice cool place for lunch in the heat of the summer. Decent food, great ambiance. Love their onion rings! :mickey:

ElenitaB
11-24-2010, 05:18 PM
We enjoyed lunch there this past summer. My DS had a burger which he thought was very good and I had their vegetarian entree which was much better than what I had at other restaurants. We'll definitely be going back!

brivers222
11-29-2010, 11:11 AM
I would have to say its more a lunch fare type place... We had awesome burgers and onion rings (and some pretty good adult pops). People complain about it all the time on here and other boards, but I really didn't find anything too wrong with it... enough to complain about it anyways. I paid OPP for it... I wouldnt think twice about going there on the DP. However in MGM (or HS) 50PT is way better all around

LudwigVonDrake
11-29-2010, 01:46 PM
I had lunch at the Sci-Fi in July and had the Beef and Blue Salad. It was :tasty:

BriarRose0708
11-29-2010, 03:30 PM
I've been to Sci Fi a couple times and only once was it just a little un-enjoyable, but that's just because I didn't like my dessert.

For the menu, I haven't strayed from the standard bacon cheeseburger with sauteed mushrooms and fries, and that's not because I don't like trying new things. It's that good! I also love the spinach and artichoke dip appetizer. Another great thing is the fact you can get customized sodas- e.g. they add real vanilla and/or cherry syrup to a coke, diet, coke, sprite, etc. You can get any combination and it will remind you of a good old soda shop! I didn't like the peanutbutter chocolate cake and should have gotten a shake or ice cream sundae instead, but other than that it's good food and a fun atmosphere!

PETE FROM NYC
11-29-2010, 06:15 PM
We had supper there the last 2 Septembers.
Decent food.
Not too pricy.
And, the chef came to our table to discus food allergies.

LudwigVonDrake
11-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Plus, who cares about the food? The atmosphere makes up for any shortcomings with the food :wave: