PDA

View Full Version : New York City was FANTASTIC!!!

Katzateer
11-21-2010, 06:49 PM
We had a great time! Wintuk was so good.

And Radio City Christmas show and The Adams Family!!!

Loved them all:cloud9:

SBETigg
11-21-2010, 06:57 PM
So glad you had fun! I love NYC.

Bethanymouse
11-21-2010, 08:02 PM
I am so glad you enjoyed yourself. The city is such a magical place especially at this time of the year!

Nini
11-22-2010, 01:12 AM
Glad you had a good time! Now, for the important stuff.....where did you eat and how was it?:tasty:

Denise :mickey:

Katzateer
11-22-2010, 07:56 AM
Glad you asked about the food....

The first night we got a "snack" at the Waldorf Astoria (where we stayed). Two hot teas, 2 iced teas, one creme brulee, one ice cream and one bowl of soup was $85 with tip (and they give you a bowl of spiced (hot) almonds on the table before you order). Needless to say we didn't eat at our hotel the rest of the trip.

We stopped for bagels and muffins on Saturday morning on the way to Radio City. Not sure where- they were ok but nothing exciting so the location doesn't matter.

After Radio City we went to Ellen's Stardust Diner and had a great time. All the singing waiters and our sandwiches were good. I got a reuben and it was yummy.

For dinner we went to Sapporo Japanese Noodle Resturant at 152 West 49th Street (not far from the theatre). A co-worker of my husband had recommended it. It was really good and was about $12 a person. I got a terrikaki chicken that was excellent and my husband got pork cutlet (that was even better). My niece and daughter got the ramen noodle bowls-one vegetarian and one pork. I highly recommend this place but it is very small.

We stopped at Juniors after The Adams Family and got cheesecake to go.

On Sunday we didn't go anywhere special. We stopped at a Tim Hortons near Macy's and then went to Macy's to see the decorations and Christmas department (Santa wasn't there yet).
We grabbed some deli sandwiches after Wintuk at Penn Station.

I still have suggestions written down of places to go to next trip.

Can't wait to go back!!!!!

Nini
11-24-2010, 05:57 AM
Oh my, I forgot you were staying at the Waldorf Astoria - that was quite an expensive snack!

You gave me a couple ideas for our next trip. That Ellen's Stardust Diner sounds fun!

I can't wait to go back too, but I'm sure it won't be until baseball season.

Again, glad you had a good time -

Denise:mickey: