PDA

View Full Version : Crowd advice

Insanity Clause
11-20-2010, 12:11 PM
I know the week after Thanksgiving and the week after Christmas can be bad but can anyone tell me about the crowds the week of Dec 6-12? I am hoping they are not too horrible as most kids are still in school and everything.

Strmchsr
11-20-2010, 01:13 PM
No, crowds are not horrible that week. They have certainly grown, so the parks aren't empty, but they aren't bad by any means. The biggest thing for that week is the Pop Warner football championship going on, which means the All-Star resorts and one of the moderates are filled up with children football teams and cheerleaders. That usually doesn't impact the parks too much, but definitely the resorts.

Gator
11-20-2010, 01:40 PM
The resorts are usually filled with Pop Warner boys and cheerleader girls. They're usually not too bothersome, though.

The parks were once empty during this time, but no more. The crowds have been growing yearly, and with good reason - it's a great time to go. Epcot gets really crowded in the evenings as the locals come out en masse for the Candlelight Processional at the amazing Christmas version of Illuminations. Also, when the MK doesn't have a Christmas party slated for the evening, that park will be extra crowded.

sisterdisco
11-20-2010, 04:50 PM
I have been to disney the 1st and 2nd weeks in December a few times.....very manageable...never had to wait long for anything...it surely will be nothing like Christmas week or the major school vacations.

you can Google "disney crowd calendar" and see how they rate the crowds that week.

Have a great time!! All the decorations will be up!! It is a great time to go!

Zawadi
11-20-2010, 05:20 PM
We were there 1st week of December in 2009. Crowds were very manageable.
Looking into going the same time in Dec 2011.

disneymom2000
11-24-2010, 10:40 PM
I don't particularly like this week just because of the number of kids involved in Pop Warner football and cheerleading. It's not that there are kids - it's just the number of people in the parks are crazier than they are normally during an off-season week. I used to love going mid-Sept to mid-October but Disney has offered so many specials during this time in the past few years that the crowds are now higher than they used to be but they are still manageable compared to summer or Christmas.