PDA

View Full Version : Wild by Design...

2MuchWDFun
11-20-2010, 07:55 AM
Anyone been on this tour recently? I'd like to surprise my DH and DS with this tour during our Christmas trip. Is it only done once a day--if there is more then one tour presented each day which one would you recommend? Any other insights or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Just thought of something else: when taking the tour will be have the opportunity to pick up Fast Passes?
Thanks

disneymom2000
11-27-2010, 08:50 PM
I'm booting this one back to the top because this is something I am interested in knowing about as well. Can anyone give any information?

WDWdriver
11-28-2010, 09:03 AM
The Wild by Design tour is offered on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 8:30 a.m. only. Tour guests meet just outside the turnstiles. The cost is $63.90 per person plus your normal park admission. There is a minimum age of 14. The CM guest information guide describes the tour as follows:

Wild by Design is our Guest’s opportunity to learn some of the stories behind the making of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. You’ll learn how art, architecture, historical artifacts and storytelling are combined to transport you to exotic lands filled with wild animals. This 3 hour on-stage, walking tour will provide insights into the design and building of this new species of theme park as well as a glimpse into the complexities of caring for animals and habitats.

Since the tour is on-stage you may have an opportunity to get some Fast Passes if your tour guide will indulge you.

Tick-Tock
11-28-2010, 10:20 AM
It was many years ago that we took it, but we loved it.

If your DS is a teenager, be sure to have proof of age. They are very strict about meeting the age limits on the tours. Our Backstage Safari was delayed by a half-hour while two families tried to argue the CMs into letting their teens in, even though they didn't have proof of age. It didn't work.

2MuchWDFun
11-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Thanks Ron and TickTock--our family loves AK and all the obvious and subtle details so this tour is right up our alley. I will check our schedule and see which day works best.
I'll see how long I can keep this to myself!:secret:

disneymom2000
11-29-2010, 10:57 PM
Thanks for tHe info. This sounds like something I definitely want to do.