PDA

View Full Version : FW Question: Commute to Epcot?

sportsguy2315
11-18-2010, 09:44 PM
I'm crossing off another thing off my WDW bucket list by staying at FW. If I'm in the cabins, how much should allot to get to Epcot on the monorail for rope drop?

KylesMom
11-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Do you have your own transportation, or do you need to take an interior bus/boat to the monorail line then get to Epcot?

sportsguy2315
11-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Do you have your own transportation, or do you need to take an interior bus/boat to the monorail line then get to Epcot?

I'd have to take the bus/boat to the TTC.

Mousemates
11-18-2010, 10:21 PM
lots of variables to consider...

Will you have use of a golf cart at FW or will you be using the internal bus system...for without a cart you will have to rely on the internal bus system to go from cabin to the departure dock....and if you just miss the bus that could add an extra ten minutes to the normal five to ten minute trip. (so I'd give that about 15 minutes)

If you were also to "just miss the boat to the CR" (where i assume you plan to catch the monorail)...that would add fifteen minutes to what seems to be about a 10-15 minutes boat ride.

About a five minute walk from the dock to the monorail queue.

five minute wait on monorail

2 minutes to TTC

5 minutes to disembark and walk over to catch next monorail to epcot.

say a five minute wait on monorail

five to ten minutes on monorail

five minutes to disembark, go through security and walk to rope drop.

Add that up and it can end up (especially if you just miss a bus, boat and monorail) being a pretty lengthy trip.

My guess (on average) would be something in the neighborhood of an hour (plus or minus 15 minutes) depending on how lucky or unlucky you happen to be on a particular trip.