PDA

View Full Version : How to get back to POFQ from AKL. 8:45pm ressie at Sanaa

Disney Hungarian
11-18-2010, 12:52 PM
AK has night time EMH so I booked an 8:45pm ressie at Sanaa. I will spend the day at EP and ride the bus to AK around 5. I will take the bus from AK to Kidani for dinner. Now is where it gets complicated for me. I want to go to Jambo to see the rooms and the views from the balconies. After that I will need to get back to POFQ. I plan on having an adult beverage at dinner so driving is not an option. I need to know how to get from the AKL to POFQ after 10 at night. Is this possible or should I just budget for a cab? Thanks in advance:mickey:

PopPhan
11-18-2010, 01:11 PM
It's definitely POSSIBLE, the question lies in how long do you want it to take?

You can take a bus to Downtown Disney and then a bus from there to POFQ. (Probably slowest option.)

If there is a park still open (EMH somewhere) then you could go there, then catch a bus back to POFQ. (Still slow.)

You could call a cab. (Quickest option.)

Strmchsr
11-18-2010, 01:13 PM
Your only two options would be to take a cab or take a bus to DTD and then catch the POFQ bus from DTD. IF MK is open late you could also ride back to MK and then to POFQ, but DTD would be your best bet if you didn't want to take a cab.

Disney Hungarian
11-18-2010, 01:17 PM
Thanks, the DDT doesn't sound like a bad option depending on how tired I am at that time. I could take the boat back to POFQ also. Might make for a nice late evening out and about.

2MuchWDFun
11-18-2010, 05:15 PM
We ran into the same situation a couple of trips ago...didn't even think about it until we were leaving dinner--had a 9pm adr at Jiko's so it was late when we got out of there.
We took a cab--as we were tired and didn't feel like trying negotiate the limited options of the bus system that late at night. Easy--no stress, and we were back at our resort in no time! Probably saved an hour or so--especially going through DTD. Not sure if it is just my imagination--but buses don't seem to come as frequently at DTD.

WishingStar2006
11-18-2010, 10:40 PM
You also have to be aware of how late DD is open that night. If the stores close at 11:00, then you may not be able to take a bus from AKL to DD...I ran into this once. Even though buses were still leaving DD to get guests back to their resorts, if the park (or in this case DD) is no longer open they will not let you travel "to" DD. We were told we could not board the bus because the park was closed.

I would budget for a cab then you don't have to worry about rushing through dinner and your other activities just to wait for a bus.

Fastpasssteve
11-19-2010, 03:48 AM
I have never had any problems with the bus system. I would take the bus to EPCOT if they have Extra Magic Hours and transfer to POFQ. OR take the bus to Downtown Disney and then transfer. Both these locations are on the way from AK to your home resort.

I would take the Downtown Disney option.

Best wishes for a great trip.