PDA

View Full Version : Transfer points - anyone ever done this before?

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-18-2010, 11:04 AM
One of my boss' is going to be transfering the points he can't use to us. We are SSR owners and he owns at WL. I have read that once the points are transfered into our account, Disney will be unable to tell that the points are "WL" points and we'll have a hard time making reservations at the 11 month window for WL.

Can anyone share their stories about this or shed some light?

We want to stay at BLT with the points. But, would like to make a reservation to ensure we have something as soon as we can and waitlist for BLT.

If Member services can't tell where the points are, will we make a ressie for SSR. And to play devils advocate, if I call and insist that the transfer points are BLT how would they know? (Of course, we wouldn't do this but, just wondering how they know which resort the transfer points came from)

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!:thumbsup:

FiggyFan
11-20-2010, 10:10 PM
We own at two resorts (BWV and BCV). When I deal with member services they always give point totals as one number, and don't seem to distinguish which resort the points are from. When I ask for details by home resort, they can break it up by resort - I have never had a dispute about 11 vs 7 month rights, or a disagreement about how many points came from each resort.

Since the rules are that transferred points retin the original owner's use year and home resort, I'm sure that they can do the same for transferred points.

The rules also permit banking of transferred points, so be sure to keep track of the deadlines for your boss' use year.

DVC Mike
11-21-2010, 07:57 AM
One of my boss' is going to be transfering the points he can't use to us. We are SSR owners and he owns at WL.

According to the DVC rules, transferred vacation points retain the Use Year and Home Resort Priority of the Membership they were transferred from. All transferred points expire at the end of the transferring member’s Use Year.

FiggyFan
11-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Just to clarify, according to the 2010 Vacation Planner, if your boss transfers points to you, they will expire at the end of your boss' use year, but you can bank them into your boss' next use year (the points stay in your account). This would be subject to the banking deadline for your boss' use year.

If your boss has already banked or borrowed his points, he cannot transfer them to you.