PDA

View Full Version : The Traditional thing you do

plutosnana
11-18-2010, 08:31 AM
I was wondering what everyone does every time they go to MK?
There is always one thing that everyone HAS to do at MK! What is it?

:goofy:

ANG
11-18-2010, 09:06 AM
Also ride the HM!

mac badger
11-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Dole whip!

Madame Leona
11-18-2010, 10:20 AM
The TTA is a big one for us and we always have to have breakfast at Chef Mickey's and 'Ohana.

mickeymousedabomb
11-18-2010, 10:38 AM
We've made it a tradition to choose matching shirts we all like and get a picture in front of the castle!:cloud9:

Mickey'sIrishPAl
11-18-2010, 11:00 AM
I said, "have fun". But when we go we always go to German village for a tall beer and a brat. We do this for my grandfather who passed when I was young. When he would go to Disney with us, he would always make the group sit and take a break while we watched him hammer on a brat with an ice cold beer. Seemed silly at the time but now that I have my own kids, I make them go through it just for "Pa".

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-18-2010, 11:15 AM
Well, it is hard to pinpoint only one ride...or only one place for pics, but we always eat at Rainforest Cafe Animal Kingdom

cfoshe
11-18-2010, 01:11 PM
In my oppion, this poll should not have included Have fun. I think that everyone would agree thats why we go. I put watch fire works. We try to see all the firework shows at least once, now that fantastim has gone to 2 or 3 days a week, it is making that one hard to get into.

Chris

joonyer
11-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Ours is the fireworks. We always see Wishes at least two times on every trip. It's the essence of Disney magic to me.

IloveJack
11-18-2010, 02:16 PM
I didn't vote, because ours isn't there... other than "have fun," of course. We have never missed a chance to ride HM and PoTC. They're our must dos of the MK. I love that even my DD has ridden on both of her trips at 1 and 2 years old. In fact, we got stuck on PoTC on our last trip (making the ride an hour long from entrance to exit), and not one person complained. :mickey:

Gator
11-18-2010, 02:44 PM
One of the main reasons I fly cross-country instead of driving to Disneyland is for the fireworks. WDW has two parks that have them nightly and another that has it twice a week. DL has fireworks just twice a week in the offseason, and that's just not enough. Fireworks makes WDW more magical at the end of each day.

Catwillow
11-22-2010, 12:43 AM
I had to vote "have fun" because my 'have to do' things aren't listed :)

#1. Ride It's A Small World
#2. Eat a Mickey Ice Cream :bar:

brad192
11-22-2010, 02:42 PM
1. Enter the park using the left tunnel.
2. Stand in Town Square for a few minutes & watch people as they come in and see the castle for the first time. :D
3. Walk thru the castle to Fantasyland.
4. Ride IASW first (It was the very first ride I ever rode at WDW).
5. Eat my "last meal" at Tony's before returning home.

plutosnana
11-22-2010, 03:54 PM
#2. Eat a Mickey Ice Cream :bar:

I totally should have added this!

bostonsam
11-22-2010, 05:11 PM
picked ride splash mountain...and get an ornament from the Christmas shop:heart:

IloveDisney71
11-22-2010, 07:45 PM
We always take pics in front of the castle so I voted for that. BUT we also ride the TTA every time. There is nothing better than sitting down for a few minutes and resting your tired feet while touring Tomorrowland.

ibrowse17
11-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Must have for us include dole whips, fudge, eating at Liberty Tree, watching Wishes and dinner at the Yatchsman. These are only a few:thumbsup:

Niecyboo
11-22-2010, 10:18 PM
At least once each trip, we enter the park later in the day, and just walk leasurly down Main Street. We also have to see the trolly come along and listen to the performers singing "Right Down the Middle of Main Street USA."

jpH/keD
11-23-2010, 05:18 PM
We LOVE to go to Chef Mickey's! Gotta have Mickey-time! I also love to go to MK really, really early so it is less crowded and gaze at the castle!

2MuchWDFun
11-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Thanks for a great poll. We're down to 27 days and are looking forward to all our favorites...

I'm glad we were allowed to select more then one choice---TTA(of course!!),Castle Pic (of course!!!), have fun (of course!!!!), Splash Mountain (of course!!!!!) and Wishes!!!!!!!!!. Can't wait to experience all of our" must do's" again.

Cinderelley
11-23-2010, 07:49 PM
We always have to ride BTMRR, PoTC, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, and Peter Pan, eat at Crystal Palace, eat a Mickey bar and get a picture in front of the castle.

disneymom2000
11-24-2010, 10:26 PM
This poll is kind of deceiving. We always spend our first day at MK and have our first two pictures taken in front of the Mickey & Minnie topiary as well as in front of the Castle. Then we have lunch at the Crystal Palace. In the afternoon we have to ride the TTA and then later get situated on Main Street for the fireworks show. We have fun all day while we are there. So we pretty much do all the things on the list each visit except I have never bought mickey ears.

kemps@wdw
11-28-2010, 11:05 PM
All of the above!

brivers222
11-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Go to either a MNSSHP or MVMCP... never going to disney without one of them from now on!

plutosnana
11-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks for a great poll. We're down to 27 days and are looking forward to all our favorites....

Your welcome! Glad your trip is coming soon!

darthmacho
11-30-2010, 01:54 PM
I do all of the things on the list, though the ears are a new tradition for the kids. I also make it a point to visit the Wilderness Lodge once per trip, and we eat at one of the restaurants there. We've also started a new breakfast tradition at Crystal Palace. :mickey:

caryrae
11-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Our tradition is to try to do something new every trip like stay at a different Resort, eat at a Restaurant we never have before, maybe a tour, etc.

TexansInNY
11-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Day 1 - arrive by plane, limo to WL, explore the grounds and eat at Chef Mickey's, back for Water Parade. On off day head to DD.

:mickey:

Mousemates
11-30-2010, 06:39 PM
the one must do every trip is Wishes (or whatever the firework show at the MK happens to be).

RAIDER
12-01-2010, 03:17 AM
My 3 are
Have Fun
Get a piccy by the Castle
Ride Splash Mountain

the main must is visit Philamargic though :thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
12-01-2010, 05:49 AM
Have fun! :mickey:

JabberJaws
12-01-2010, 11:52 AM
I always have to ride TTA and always do the full MK monorail loop (not really inside the park but still one of those traditional things).

I used to HAVE to get a citrus swirl in Adv Land, but ever since they changed them from frozen OJ swirled w/ soft serve to orange (creamsicle flavored) soft serve swirled w/ vanilla, they just ain't the same!

iluvdumbo
12-02-2010, 08:14 PM
We always ride Splash Mountain as well as see Philharmagic. As well, we also watch the fireworks everytime we are in WDW.

finaldynasty
01-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Breakfast at Ohana! :mickey:

crltkcagle
01-10-2011, 09:31 AM
You need to add all of the above! LOL We do every one of those things on every trip. We always eat at Ohana's on our first night too!

DisneyDoug2
01-10-2011, 10:09 AM
Just have Fun and be a kid again.

kemps@wdw
01-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Ice cream and people watching @ the Plaza:D

PrettyMinnie
01-11-2011, 10:34 AM
I had to pick more than one because several of the options are must do's on every trip! Of course have fun, that's the primary goal on every Disney trip. Second would be Castle pic! Wouldn't be Disney without it.

:minnie:

JabberJaws
01-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Well it used to be to get a citrus swirl at the Sunshine Tree Terrace, but since they changed the formula for it a while back, I don't even want to go anywhere near it (it is the ice-cream treat equivalent of painting over the Mona Lisa w/ a stick figure).

So now, I would say it is ride the TTA. The TTA is pure nostalgia for me and I can't visit the MK w/o hoping on it at least once. Plus, it hardly ever has a line and is a great spot for people watching!

disneydaisy
01-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Since my mom is from Yorkshire in England, we always have to have fish and chips at The Yorkshire Fish & Chip shop in Epcot. We also have dinner at The Liberty Tree Tavern. So disappointed to see that it won't be a Character meal for our visit this year. DD will be really sad.:crying:

GottaLvDisney
01-14-2011, 12:40 PM
We always go to MK as soon as we check in and get settled, and we never miss riding HM or PoTC. I grew up going to Disneyland several times a year and these were always my two favorite rides. Now my kids love them as well. We also try to catch Wishes at least once during our stay.

BandMan
01-14-2011, 01:17 PM
There definately needs to be an "All of the above" category. I put fireworks, but I never miss the parade, because I just HAVE to see the guest bands :tuba: :drum: :play: ;)

WDWgoofy
01-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Like others, I have many traditions and stuff that has to be done or it just wouldn't be a complete trip.

Unlike the options, mine are Epcot focused.

Enter Epcot thru International Gateway (its just special to me)
Ride Spaceship Earth
View IllumiNations, at least once (hopefully more)
Lunch at Chefs de France
Enjoy Off-Kilter
Enjoy the Fountain

Dsnygirl
01-15-2011, 10:15 PM
We have to ride PoC, and I have to have Apple Charlotte from the Main St Bakery. :) I can almost taste it... but better yet, in 12 days I will!! :mickey: :D :mickey:

spinnerf
01-17-2011, 05:38 PM
We always take 2 picture with the family every year we go:

1. Dressed up w/ mexican hats and maraccas in Mexico.
2. Dressed up as pirates in POTC.
Its cool to look back and see how everyone has grown in these photos.