PDA

View Full Version : Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

susanccr
11-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Just looking for some reviews on Akershus. I would love to bring my 6 year old there to see all the princesses but we are sort of a picky group and the Norweigan food scares me a little bit. We do like to try different things on vacation though but I'm not sure about the dinner menu that I looked at. Maybe lunch or breakfast would be better? I'd appreciate any input!
Thanks!

Ms. Mode
11-17-2010, 01:42 PM
We ate there in January, the princessess are GREAT...the food....not to our taste. :blush:

Wrigley
11-17-2010, 02:39 PM
My DD is a very picky eater, so I wasn't sure if she would like this restaurant. I decided to do the Princess breakfast with her, because that menu looked the best for us. We had a fabulous time! THe princesses were great, and the food was really good. There are plenty of options for picky eaters!:mickey:

DizneyRox
11-17-2010, 03:19 PM
We thought the breakfast over there was great as well. I have never tried Lunch or Dinner, but it's not because we're scared, just seems that the Biergarten is always calling our name! Or maybe it's the beers... Whatever...

floridamom
11-17-2010, 03:49 PM
We've been for both breakfast and dinner. The breakfast food was definitely more standard fare-nothing unique.

For dinner, the kids' meals are still typical Disney--pizza, ravioli, chicken, etc., so your 6 year-old should be fine. For adults, some of the cheeses and fish on the appetizer buffet were not to our taste, but there was still a nice green salad and deli meats that we enjoyed. (And so did our girls--how nice to get them a fresh salad!)

As for entrees, I chose the salmon and DH had the mahi mahi and both were perfectly cooked and delicious, right down to the accompaniments, and we don't eat normally eat a whole lot of fish.

All in all we were very pleased with dinner--we found the food to be tasty and refined, and our girls left full and thrilled to have met so many princesses in one sitting.

Gator
11-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Don't be scared! The best food at Epcot is at Akershus. My kids love the princesses, and hey, I don't mind seeing them either. But the food is so unique AND good.

The cold buffet area has cheese, fish, salads, bread, and more, so don't worry about that part - you can just skip the cold salmon. The entrees are really good. My wife really likes the salmon sandwich they have. I always get something called Kjotkake (something like that) - it's like a meatloaf only way better. And the deserts are fantastic. You won't regret going there, and you probably will want to go back.

PetefromRI
11-17-2010, 08:39 PM
This is a great thread.We're taking the grandkids,2 and 5,in March for breakfast.What's the breakfast buffet like?

Gator
11-18-2010, 02:58 PM
This is a great thread.We're taking the grandkids,2 and 5,in March for breakfast.What's the breakfast buffet like?

It has pretty standard fare, with the exception of the Breakfast Potato Caserole. It was really good. I've been trying to perfect it for years on my own, but I've never been able to quite get there.

susanccr
11-18-2010, 05:20 PM
Thank you all for your input! We are definitely going to go there! Probably for breakfast but we may get adventureous and try dinner! Either way I'm sure we'll enjoy the princesses! (I'll just have to keep an eye on my husband...he has a crush on Jasmine!)
Thanks!

Captain_Nemo
11-18-2010, 06:00 PM
We thought the breakfast over there was great as well. I have never tried Lunch or Dinner, but it's not because we're scared, just seems that the Biergarten is always calling our name! Or maybe it's the beers... Whatever...

it is both! Biergarten a must do everytrip now! mmmm Franziskaner and Jagerschnitzel w/ hunter sauce!