PDA

View Full Version : Any other Masons on the Board?

Jim&AngieMarriner
11-17-2010, 08:21 AM
Hey everyone. Hopefully if you are bothering to read this you are a fellow Mason and I would like your opinion. I have been approached by a Grand officer in the Scottish Rites and given a petition to join. I am a Master Mason and a Knights Templar in the York Rites already.

My question I guess is if Scottish Rites is an enjoyable appelate body. I dont feel a specific call to join them like I did York rites but I dont have any negative feelings either.
Your thoughts?

Strmchsr
11-17-2010, 10:00 AM
Hey brother. I am, also, a Master Mason, a Knight Templar of the York Rite, as well as 32nd degree Scottish Rite. I know we have some other brothers on Intercot as well. Had a great experience meeting up with Scar (Jeff), a Mason from NJ, in WDW last spring.

As for your question. Without going into the details, while the York Rite is very much a spiritual journey, Scottish Rite is an intellectual / philosophical journey. From a historical and philosophical perspective, Scottish Rite is very interesting, but you almost need to be interested in the history of philosophy to get the most out of it. I don't want to post too much here, but if you want to know more, feel free to PM me and I'll answer what I can.

Scar
11-17-2010, 10:15 AM
I can't help you out there as I've had no desire (or time) to go any further than Master Mason, but just wanted to say hello Brother. Maybe after I'm through with the chairs, who knows.

Jim&AngieMarriner
11-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Thanks Brothers. Its nice to have a good sounding board.

Storm, I really like history so maybe I would enjoy it. The location we would be holding meetings at is the Indianapolis Scottish Rite Cathedral which is almost enough to join right there. Google it if you are interested and you will see what I mean.

Well, guess I will talk it over with the wife and see what she thinks.

Scar
11-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Your wife will think 1 of 2 things:

1) Oh no, a couple more nights a month out of the house.

or

2) Good, a couple more nights a month out of the house.

;)