PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickey's with no ADR

ANG
11-17-2010, 07:54 AM
What do you think the possibilities of getting a walk up table at Chef Mickey's at opening breakfast time on a weekday?

It's the only ADR I can't get.

PearlySwan
11-17-2010, 08:18 AM
What do you think the possibilities of getting a walk up table at Chef Mickey's at opening breakfast time on a weekday?

^^^ It's highly unlikely but you can always try. How many people are in your travel party? What day of the week are you going? What time of the day? These are all factors to consider. You can always check on-line to see if an ADR opens up for the time you want to dine at Chef Mickey's. Plans change all the time and it is possible to snag an ADR that you've been hoping to get. The key is perseverance. Hope you have a fantastic memory making trip at WDW! :mickey:

DizneyRox
11-17-2010, 09:31 AM
What's your second choice? You won't be getting your first...

Jared
11-17-2010, 10:32 AM

As others have said, it's highly unlikely. Not impossible, but unlikely. You have a better chance if you arrive at opening and agree to wait as long as necessary for a spot to open. Otherwise, I suggest finding another place.

mudpuppysmom
11-17-2010, 11:03 AM
Several factors here, but we were there last October and while we had an ADR the restaurant was not at full capacity and they did take a few walkups as we were leaving......this was on a Monday morning at around 8:15 though.....so I'm not saying that you are going to get lucky, BUT it may be worth a try!!! You never know when a little magic will happen -- I'm trying to be positive here!!

KylesMom
11-17-2010, 11:21 AM
While I wouldn't get your hopes up, stranger things have happened. Since you're staying at BLT, I'd swoop over to the Chef Mickey's podium around 6:45 a.m. & see if they can accommodate you. Awful early, but I'd say that may be your best bet on getting in. Good Luck! :mickey:

cer
11-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Also, I would call Disney Dining from the resort. I lucked out on my first trip and got Chef Mickey reservations changed the day of or the day before or something like that. The conversation went something like, " I know it's a long shot, but...." And wonder of wonders it worked, but that was in May of 2006.

honeebee86
11-17-2010, 02:28 PM
As others pointed out, it really depends on certain things. The two biggest being the size of your party and the time of year. If it is a very busy time of year, they tend to fall behind on seating the ones who have adr's let alone squeezing in extras. I think the key is to get there about 20 min or so before they open, and check. If you are not going during a very crowded time and your party is not very large then you may have a chance but you need to get there early. Some people may sleep in and miss their early reservations. My husband and I have gotten in for dinner twice by showing up about 20 min before dinner starts and we only waited maybe 15 minutes for a table. But it is only the 2 of us and we go when crowd levels are not high and before the restaurant opens. This way, everything is running smoothly and nothing is behind. This helps in squeezing in.

PETE FROM NYC
11-17-2010, 02:30 PM
We tried for a dinner walk up in Sept and were turned away.

honeebee86
11-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Also, keep checking for reservations. I know it is a very popular restaurant but I have had luck in getting a reservation just a few days before or the day of. I was lucky to get a lunch reservation only a few days before going when they added lunch over the summer. People decide to change their adr's all the time. Chef Mickey's has gotten very expensive (the food quality has gone up IMO) so this may cause people to have a change of mind when their trip gets closer.

ANG
11-17-2010, 03:40 PM
It will be the first Wednesday morning in December and for 3 people. As a PP pointed out, we'll be staying at BLT so it's not far out of my way if they turn us away.

I was just wondering what others have experienced.

ANG
11-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Awful early, but I'd say that may be your best bet on getting in. :mickey:

We have a toddler who wakes us up at 5am every morning. I'm sure being at Disney will be no exception ;)

Gator
11-17-2010, 04:40 PM
What's your second choice? You won't be getting your first...

My thoughts exactly. You may want to try to get either a breakfast at 1900 Park Faire (Alice, Mary Poppins, Pooh, Tigger), or head over to AK and hit Donald's Safari Breakfast. The latter has the FabFive like at Chef Mickey's, but will be easier to get into.

tcswife
11-17-2010, 11:44 PM
Keep Checking!!!!!!! It took me 5 weeks to get a reservation for Crystal Palace, but I FINALLY got one for our upcoming (18 days) trip!!!! I also snagged a ressie for 'Ohana that same day!!! KEEP TRYING!!!!

limegreenmonorail
11-18-2010, 11:17 AM
I've walked up several times now and gotten in, but I feel like I was lucky - I wouldn't try to just walk up if I was really counting on going to Chef Mickey's. When I've gotten in, it's always been for a table for two, and been pretty early in the morning. But, I've been turned away before, too, so it just depends. From that experience, I'd caution you - you might not want to take your child right up to the podium at Chef's to try to get in. It's pretty disappointing to see all the fun everyone's having in there, and then not be able to go. :(