PDA

View Full Version : Beware MK Evenings on days AFTER MVMCP days!

Goes4FastPass
11-16-2010, 05:19 PM
The MK was crazy crowded this past Saturday (Nov13)! Not just lines to attractions but everywhere, restaurants, shops and just walking through the crowded crowded streets.

I remarked “Wow!” to a CM at BTMRR about the crowd level and she answered, “ I was called in to work – I wasn’t scheduled to work today.”

I said, “Could it be this is a park open with Wishes and Main Street Electrical Parade and EMH after two consecutive nights of MVMCP so the park was closed at 7pm?

She answered, “I’ll bet that’s what it is.”

We had opportunities to enjoy a less crowded MK this past trip but Saturday was not one of them.

Carol
11-16-2010, 05:33 PM
Many locals visit on Saturdays as well to enjoy the holiday offerings.

Gator
11-16-2010, 07:46 PM
#1 - I've never been to the MK on a Saturday where it wasn't crowded.

#2 - When they start running the MVMCP, the days at the MK WITHOUT the party are extra crowded. Especially these days - when folks don't want to spend an extra $200 for their family to see the MK at night when they can see it for free the next evening.

To be honest, reason #2 is why my last trip and the upcoming trip is in January instead of December. I don't want to have to spend hundreds more to enjoy the small crowds that January already offers.

Suz36
11-16-2010, 08:00 PM
Even in October, we noticed that MSEP nights were insanely crowded!

Melanie
11-16-2010, 09:52 PM

:thumbsup:

I was there Sunday and waits weren't too bad. Seemed like there were a lot of people milling around, but wait times were tolerable.

Goes4FastPass
11-17-2010, 07:38 AM

I'm sure you're right - the weather was perfect this past Saturday also.

Insanity Clause
11-17-2010, 08:14 AM
I really hope this calms down while we are there. We will be there Dec 11 of MK. Typically this is one of the less crowded times so I am hoping that this holds to be true.

Jen C.
11-17-2010, 09:27 PM
November 13th was CRAZY!!! We were there, too! IASM had a 40 minute wait!!! WHAT!!???? However, crowds Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and today were super low. :confused: Could not believe Saturday's insanity.

tundramom
11-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Just back from 4th-13th. We have gone this same week last 4 years and the crowds were significantly larger this year. This year we had several nights with late park hours, so we knew ahead of time that they were expecting larger crowds. Weds. the 10th fireworks crowd was the largest we've ever seen except the night they debuted Wishes!

Marceline
11-18-2010, 12:04 AM
It's the same at DL, no matter what season it is, the parks will always be crowded on a Saturday night. It's a local influx thing. It's why I now always plan to stay OUT of the parks on Saturdays. hehe I resort hop, go miniature golfing, go shopping at DTD, hang out at the pool, go for tea at the GF.....anything else besides joining the weekend hordes inside the parks.:thumbsup:

stitch1969
11-18-2010, 07:24 AM
I was at Epcot and MK on 11/13 and yes, they were very crowded. However, the EMH at MK were awesome. Nothing like walking onto every ride with no wait between 11pm and 2am! Except Peter Pan....still a 40 minute wait at 1:30am.