PDA

View Full Version : Be there in 3 weeks...any predictions?

lawgirl
11-16-2010, 03:56 PM
We'll be in WDW Dec 9-13. Anyone have any predictions for crowds and weather for this year specifically? It seems like at home its been cooler than last year, and I know the weather fluctuates...just wondering what to expect this time around.

DizneyRox
11-16-2010, 04:50 PM
It might be unseasonably cold, and it might be unseasonably warm.

Winter weather in Florida is as unpredictable as well, the weather... In the stretch of a week (XMas Eve to NYE), we went from full blown winter jackets and ski gloves, to shorts and t-shirts. Pack accordingly...

This is one reason why we don't go in winter all that often. I have having to pack all that.

disneymom15
11-16-2010, 05:34 PM
We've been several times in Dec. The weather varies as stated by previous poster. I check daily into STRMCHSR forecast. He's very accurate. We'll be there Dec 5-12. Have a great trip.

Gator
11-16-2010, 07:40 PM
My prediction: FUN! The weather will be way better than it is May-October, and the crowds will be better than they are in the summer or holidays.

Scar
11-17-2010, 12:08 AM
I predict there will be both crowds and weather. :D

MCeee
11-17-2010, 10:11 AM
Just back (Nov. 6-13), and must say the crowds were MUCH larger than expected. Maybe due to F&W... Veteran's Day... PGA Golf Tournament, etc. Who knows. At WDW these days there's always something going on that increases crowds one way or another.
The weather started out cool and finished cool (some days VERY cool) most days. Got warm enough to swim mid-week for a couple hours in the afternoon (hot tub @ night... ahh). If you look at the weather history for Orlando, you'll find it to be pretty accurate... spot on for us.
Have fun!:mickey:

r4kids
11-17-2010, 12:24 PM
We will be there Nov 26th - Dec 5th, I am packing 5 jeans, 5 shorts, long and short sleeves. I'd rather wash clothes than over pack!!

tcswife
11-17-2010, 10:23 PM
We will be there December 7-15th this year!! We went a week earlier last year and it was miserably crowded at MK due to the taping of the Christmas Parade. I purposely scheduled this years trip for the next week to hopefully avoid the crowd! Although, there are awesome discounts with cheaper rooms and free dining which was not offered in December last year so who knows what this year will bring??? I was there about 10 years ago this same week that we are going this year and there was NO ONE there. I doubt this will still hold true, but hopefully the crowds will at least be on the low end of moderate crowds!!

As far as weather goes, pack for winter and summer, you NEVER know what your gonna get!!!!

lighteningqueen
11-26-2010, 03:06 AM
We will not be able to go this year but the 2007 year it was great very low crowds 2008 doubled that got very crowded and last year same time it was packed... Last year we were there for 9 days and it was crowded the whole time. From Monday thru the next Wed we left. Weather was great wore shorts even the one day it was cold and rainy. yes it was cold we just put on our rain ponchos and it kept us somewhat warm even in our shorts. But all three years we had one day the whole time that we should have worn pants,,, The rest, kinda humid last year most days.Wish we were going but our business just took a dive this fall in sales and we cannot afford to spend money on fun things. need it for bills this year..Have fun for us.

LudwigVonDrake
11-26-2010, 09:56 PM
My only prediction is that you'll have a great time :wave:

Ian
11-27-2010, 07:53 PM
I'll make a bold prediction ... I'll be there, too. :mickey: