PDA

View Full Version : Share a time at the World that you would like to experience again.

Jim&AngieMarriner
11-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Saw this on FB and thought it would post it up in here.

For me it would be when we were in Epcot for a family reunion/Honeymoon/welcome home from Iraq. We were in the American section back in the world show case and I had just asked at the information booth about our candlelight processional reservations. This wonderful CM comes up to us and asks for me and my wife by name (we later figured out that he overheard me at the info booth). I said yes that is us. He then proceeded to tell us that someone from the front office needed to talk to us. We imediately thought one of our kids had caused some mischief and were a bit nervous. He led us to a phone and told us to punch a certain code into the phone so it would transfer to the front office. Turns out that it was Mickey and Minnie wishing us the best as we celebrated our Honeymoon at the Magic Kingdom. Both the Wife and I were laughing and crying at the same time as we listened to the famous couple gush on and on about how happy they were that we were with them at our special time. That moment has became such a treasured memory for us that I truly wish we could relive it

What would you like to relive? :party: It doesnt have to be all mushy like ours lol.

Scar
11-16-2010, 10:14 AM
I would like to relive the Chilaquiles Mexico had at the 2007 F&W Festival but not the last two. :(

Kwesty
11-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Our special moments ---

Let me preface my first moment by saying, I wouldn't want it to happen again but... We were at Disney the week after 9/11. We were at Epcot in the American Pavilion during the Voices of Liberty performance. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. It was one of the most moving moments I've ever experienced.

Second, we had taken my DD (10) and my DS (6) to the Royal Table breakfast. All the princesses were making a huge deal over my son who was less than impressed. We kept trying to get his picture with the princesses but he would have none of it. Then Jasmine come up to the table and my mischievous six year old son announced, "I'll get my picture taken with her." We all, including Jasmine, rolled with laughter! He is definitely his father's son!

Lastly, my daughter had one of the Minnie Princess hats with the little train that comes off the top. We were at Chef Mickey's and Goofy pretended like he had to sneeze and then grabbed the netting from my daughter's hat and pretended to sneeze in it and wipe his nose. It was just so funny.

We've never had one of those major moments but it's all the little ones that add up to that Disney magic!:mickey:

Disney Hungarian
11-16-2010, 10:37 AM
I would like to relive my first trip to WDW. I was 16 and I was allowed to roam the park on my own (with a set time to meet back up). I was even given $10 for snacks. I met this girl in the line on SM and she was on her own too. We had a blast even though she was so out of my league.We spent the day running from ride to ride. I felt so proud when she took my hand and we walked together. Back then there were no cell phones or e-mail and texting was not invented yet. We both knew our parents would not let us run up long distance phone bills, so at the end of the day we just said good-bye.

BigThunderFan
11-16-2010, 10:48 AM
I would love to relive the day we first took our children to WDW. I remember fondly the look on my son's face as he first saw the castle in the distance from the bus. It was an amazing moment we can never replicate.

I also wish we could have Mickey pick our daughter again for a private tour of his house. Unfortunately with the FL changes and Mickey & Minnie's houses going away I don't think we can ever have that experience again. :(

MOJoe
11-16-2010, 03:55 PM
There have been so many magical moments for my family over the last few years. Some that are especially memorable include...

My youngest son taking Jedi Training, meeting David Prowse, aka Darth Vader, and PUSH for the first time.

My first meal at the Brown Derby &
The first time i experienced Hyperspace Hoopla.

The first time my oldest son rode Rockin Roller Coaster and the real limo ride he wished for and got.

My wife getting Dream fastpasses at Epcot.

And many, many more.

Not to derail the thread, but i have tried to re-create some of these experiences. Without success too. But i have found that if we visit WDW expecting it to be the happiest place on earth, something magical will happen.........every time.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-16-2010, 05:44 PM
I have to say it was my first trip...I was a late bloomer for Disneyitis, so I was in my 30s on my first trip in 2003....I had no idea how big everything was and that first walk down Main St. in MK is like no other.

princessjojo
11-16-2010, 06:46 PM
I would love to have our family's very first visit all over again. It was Easter and every day of the vacation was magical. There's just something special about watching the expressions change on your children's faces when they still believe in the magic and the characters and haven't hit that "I'm too cool for mom & dad" stage. They would argue with who was going to ride with which parent, spent more time dancing at Chef Mickey's than eating, and got excited when the big brother beat the girls coconut races at 'Ohana's during dinner. Getting their drivers license on the monorail, Easter baskets from Mickey, and the little brother falling in love with Wishes, asking to see it every night, even now at 13y/o he still loves it.

How I wish I could get that time back again.

Gator
11-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Getting my own death scene at the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. That was the coolest thing, to share center stage with Indy.

mook3y
11-16-2010, 10:35 PM
For me it has to be our first night ever in the MK watching DD 18 months singing and spinning in awe of the fireworks right in front of the castle. It was a very light crowd and everyone was sitting down and spread out and it was delightful to watch her so happy and care free. My wife and I will always fondly remember that image. :cloud9:

Evil Genius
11-17-2010, 08:44 AM
For me it would be the first time we took our DD who was two and a half at the time and she met Snow White for the first time. She stood very silent in the line waiting her turn then slowly walked up to Snow who bent down to give her a hug...my daughter threw her arms around her neck...squeezed very tight and said to Snow in a voice just loud enough for me to hear as I was standing right there "I can't believe it's really you." I was a wreck for a little while after that and I'm now ashamed to admit it.

Ian
11-17-2010, 10:05 AM
This is a good topic ... I like it.

For me it would be a tie between two:

Back before 9/11 when the Magic Kingdom still held "E-Ticket Nights" my brother and I went to one in September and the park was dead. I mean DEAD. There were probably less than 5,000 people there total the entire night. The CM's were letting you ride around on almost everything as many times as you wanted. At one point, we walked out of the Haunted Mansion and into Liberty Square and we were, quite literally, the only people in sight. It really felt like we had the whole park to ourselves ... awesome!
The day we won the Castle Suite. If I could, I would repeat this day over and over and over and over and over and over and over ... you get the idea. ;)

Dopey's Girl
11-17-2010, 11:40 AM
I would repeat our first trip. Even though I was only 8 at the time, I remember most everything. We didn't stay on site (this was decades before there were any value resorts!) so we took the ferry boat to MK...that was the best ride ever. Just the anticipation of it all was so great. We have tons of pictures from that trip, and all of my favorites are from that boat ride. At least once a trip we have to ride the boat, just for the trip down memory lane. :cloud9:

Only 11 more days!!!

BWayGrl
11-17-2010, 03:35 PM
1. Taking 3 separate trips down there during the Millennium Celebration. I was 13 and just being in Epcot, I remember feeling like I was part of something big and special.

2. I turned 21 right before Pleasure Island closed all of it's night clubs. I had walked through PI before, but never experienced the clubs due to my age. So I made a special, trip down there to see PI for the first, and sadly last, time. Feeling so welcome and at home in the Adventurer's Club on the first night of our visit was something I wish I could relive.

Sylvia
11-17-2010, 03:56 PM
:party:There are many I would like to experience again, but the one that comes to mind is the time we celebrated my Mother's birthday at the 50s Prime Time. All of the CMs made a fuss over her and after we finished our meal, our "brother" pulled her, chair and all, to the doorway between the room where we were and the next one. He then proceeded to anounce that it was a very special day and would everyone please sing Happy Birthday to the birthday girl. Since both rooms were full, you can guess just how loudly we sang.

She also received a cupcake with a candle, and a birthday card signed by a number of the CMs. She loved the attention and showed it!!!!:party:

KevMcNJ
11-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Taking my wife there for the first time.

She had never been

She thought it was just some amusement park

The first day we just hung out and took a lap on the monorail. Got off at GF, Poly, and Contemporaary.

She "got it" before we even set foot in any of the parks

I was hoping she'd enjoy the trip.

Before Day 2 she was already telling me what she wanted to do next time we went to WDW

kemps@wdw
11-17-2010, 11:02 PM
A warm Fall day in the late afternoon. A beautiful English garden. A park bench just big enough for 3. (DH, DD, and me) A cold adult beverage, and the awesome sounds of the Beatles (if you close your eyes). Hmmmmmm!!!! :cloud9: Something we look forward to each visit!

mac badger
11-18-2010, 09:56 AM
my SIL was battling cancer the entire 7 years i knew her. it took quite a toll on her, but the one place she always felt good was at disney. when she was there she was a kid again and it was like she didnt have cancer at all. it was really the happiest place on earth for her. we lost her and her mother (my MIL) within weeks of each other this year, and i would give anything to be able to go to MK with them again, and see her face light up like a little kid as she walked down main street, and hear her singing and clapping along to the music

artyboy
11-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Great thread...

Watching my daughter dance and twirl as she listened to the carousel play Beauty and the Beast on her first visit when she was 5. She's 23 now and still dances, but I will never forget that moment.

Kaps
11-19-2010, 10:36 AM
The first time my 11 year old walked on to main st and saw the castle. He stopped and his mouth opened in awe.At the time he was 6. It was the best experience we have had

ransam
11-19-2010, 02:17 PM
I would like to relive my first trip to WDW. I was 16 and I was allowed to roam the park on my own (with a set time to meet back up). I was even given $10 for snacks. I met this girl in the line on SM and she was on her own too. We had a blast even though she was so out of my league.We spent the day running from ride to ride. I felt so proud when she took my hand and we walked together. Back then there were no cell phones or e-mail and texting was not invented yet. We both knew our parents would not let us run up long distance phone bills, so at the end of the day we just said good-bye.

that's a great story. mine is similar, but i was much older. it was a couple years ago, i was there w/ my bestfriend, and sister.
on the last day it was raining and cold, and we only had half a day anyway. my sis and friend stayed at the hotel, but i decided to go, even just a few hours. On the bus was a girl who was my age, with her daugher on her lap. we started talkign and it seemed that she was there w/ her parents and daughter. she had recently gotten a divorce, and her dad was so thrilled he said he was taking the family to disneyworld, so they held him to it. as we got off the bus she and i went on our own w/ her daughter and the park was empty so we ran all over from ride to ride. exchanged numbers. we've never lost touch, had numerous visits over the years. have become very close friends, maybe more....and we're going ot meet again at Disney, just us, this January.

DisneyorBust
11-21-2010, 09:31 PM
The experience that I would like to experience again.....
Our first family trip to WDW, January 2001, we had scrimped and saved and I worked plenty of overtime to make this trip a reality. My wife's boss at the time, had given us his timeshare (off-property) so off we went to WDW.
The first time that we entered a park, we went to the Magic Kingdom. We went under the train station and around to the beginning of Main Street U.S.A. Well the looks on my DW and childrens faces are something that I will never forget, pure joy and amazement as they gazed upon Cinderella Castle.

LVT
11-22-2010, 01:32 PM
First trip's are special. Family with 2 teen boys.
0100 on Big Thunder Mountain. It was cool and starry and I knew we were going to come back,
just for this.

IloveDisney71
11-22-2010, 08:07 PM
The experience I'd like to have again would be:
The first time I took my girls to the MK they were 2 and 3 & 1/2 years old. They were in total awe of everything. They never whined, cried, or complained the whole day. They loved every ride. They loved the parade & of course they got Mickey ears. :mickey: It was the first of many trips for them. That was about 18 years ago and I'm sure they have many more trips in their future. I can't wait for the day when I'll be taking their children to WDW for the first time!

disneymom2000
11-24-2010, 10:30 PM
Definitely my first trip with my kids. We had never been anywhere (no vacations and they were 7 and 9) and for their first vacation ever to be at Disney World was amazing. They were amazed by every show and ride. Those memories are the best.

kemps@wdw
11-28-2010, 11:03 PM
I have 2. The 1st time we took DD, then 5 yrs old. She was raised on Disney, and watching her face the 1st time she danced down Main St and saw the castle...I'll remember that moment forever! The 2nd was just this past Oct. when we did the Keys tour. As a long time Disney lover, I've always been fascinated by how things work "behind the scenes", particularly the utilidors. To finally be able to see this area was a truly wonderful experience for me.

JabberJaws
11-30-2010, 12:46 PM
Well the night of my engagement would be the obvious choice. I proposed to my wife during a carriage ride through the POFQ and PORS. I then surprised her with dinner at the California Grill at a window seat for perfect MK Fireworks viewing. In addition, the CG people had decorated the table with flowers and mickey confetti and gave us complimentary glasses of champagne (all w/o asking). That was a good day!

But beyond the obvious choice, I would say my trip to WDW when I was around 10 (I think it was 1992) was my fondest memory. My family and I have always been big Disney freaks, and we took trips to WDW about once every 2-3 years, so they were a HUGE deal to me and my sis. My parents would start planning them like 1-2 years in advance, so we would know about them way ahead of time, so had plenty of time to get excited.

This trip was even more of a big deal b/c DHS (MGM at the time) had just opened, as had Splash Mountain. We went during halloween and stayed at the Poly. I remember the thrill of going to an all NEW park at WDW was pretty wild, plus I was blown away by Spalsh Mt.

My parents taped that trip and I have it on DVD now and still watch it from time to time. Best trip ever!

darthmacho
11-30-2010, 01:46 PM
I think I'd be happy to relive any of our trips, but I guess the one I'd most like to relive is our honeymoon trip, because it was the first time for both DW and me, which made it so magical. If I had to pick a more specific moment, it would be walking into the Wilderness Losge for the first time, with everything WDW still before us. Ph the anticipation! :mickey:

Jim&AngieMarriner
12-21-2013, 04:08 AM
Its been 3 years since this thread has seen the light of day. I thought it would be nice, especially durring this holiday season, to bring it back to the front. It would also give members who have joined in the last 3 years a chance to add their own story.

polarbear72834
12-21-2013, 10:30 AM
This is going to sound goofy coming from a woman about to turn 55. But the last time I was at the Magic Kingdom, it was first thing in the morning and we had just got there . We were walking down Main Street with the castle in front of us , and then some Characters started walking past me through the crowd toward the castle. I got so excited, you would have thought I was a kid. It was a totally magical moment for me..

Main Street Jim
12-21-2013, 11:51 AM
I grew up going to Magic Kingdom - three or four times a year, since we only lived about an hour and a half away. Back then, Mk was *the* park - I'm talkin' mid to late '70s, early '80s.

I would make a "notebook" with all of the rides I wanted to ride - 20K, Grand Prix Raceway, Mansion, Skyway, Mr. Toad, If You Had Wings - a lot of stuff that's no longer there.

When we'd go through the turnstiles, I would make a beeline straight for a park map - I'm talkin' the wall-poster-sized maps. I *treasured* those maps. Wish they still made them.

Today, one of the best memories I've had is bringing my granddaughter to the park for the very first time in 2010 :) She was only four months old at the time, but it brought back memories of those day trips growing up - we'd always visited the parks as kids with my grandma, aunt, uncle, cousins, brothers, mom and dad, you name it...LOL :P I'd remember seeing MSEP for the first time in 1977. Seeing my granddaughter's eyes *light up* watching the parade brought those memories back to life.

I need to try and make a family trip again if we can get everybody together :)

yjgirl32
12-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Mine would have been Thanksgiving 2012 we were in Ak and had just seen the Pooh characters and we were stopped by a cm who had some questions- which I'm not a big fan of surveys but thought it would be ok. Well he asked what I liked about the parade at Ak and I said the floats were cool and that they allowed people to be part of the parade. He said right answer and we got to be in the parade. I was more excited than my ds9- would have thought I won the lottery. lol It was great. One I will never forget and will cherish always.

Arielfan98
12-22-2013, 10:34 AM
This isn't very detailed but when I was little and still believed in the characters.

My mom waited in the long line at Mickey's Toon Town Fair inside the circus tent to see all the characters. I am forever grateful she put up with me and waited approximately an hour or more just to see characters. :mickey2::minnie2::goofy2::donald:

tiggerbuddy
12-22-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm right there with you...Loved the time spent there with my now deceased 18 year old son..

it was really the happiest place on earth for her. we lost her and her mother (my MIL) within weeks of each other this year, and i would give anything to be able to go to MK with them again, and see her face light up like a little kid as she walked down main street, and hear her singing and clapping along to the music

JerseyDad
12-22-2013, 04:38 PM
....fall of 2005 ....coming off Soarin for the 1st time ....and smiling like a fool the rest of the day.

tiggerbuddy
12-22-2013, 04:59 PM
Hey Jersey Dad !!

I'm waiving to ya !
I work in East Brunswick on Route 18 !!

Gator
12-23-2013, 11:41 AM
Wow! Call this one the Lazarus thread.

I can say, though, that in three years my favorite moment has changed. It was a few months after this thread originally arrived. My favorite moment was when me and my 5yo DD and 3yo DS went flying down into the Briar Patch for the first time together. The glee in their voice and the smiles on their faces was incredible. Can I re-live it? I'm going to try on my next trip when my youngest is 3yo and should be well over the 40 inch mark. Can't wait!

JerseyDad
12-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Hey Jersey Dad !!

I'm waiving to ya !
I work in East Brunswick on Route 18 !!

.....:wave: waving back. Don't ya love the Rte 18 traffic ....? I was just on it about 20 minutes ago.

JMTStone
12-23-2013, 03:18 PM
Our first *without in-laws* trip to WDW was in 1999. My daughter was 7. She was an Aladdin freak. She's seen the movie 1K times. Every time, we need to "fast forward" through the cave of wonders part. This is before DVD players.

Well at the 3:00 parade, we got prime seating. She's sitting there in her Jasmine shirt.

Jasmine and Aladdin come by on a float. Jasmine sees DD in her shirt and points to it. She then places her hand over her heart and then blows DD a kiss.

My daughter's face was priceless. I don't need a camera to picture it but wish I did capture it.

Later, when we were in Adventureland, she had the opportunity to meet Aladdin but she was afraid to. Captain Hook was in the same area and although the CM told her everyone in Mickey's Kingdom is kind, she was having none of it.

Fast Forward about 15 or so years.... Jasmine and Aladdin are doing meet and greets. DD; now 20 is standing in line (without her little sister). Jasmine asks her if she has found herself a prince too. DD20 says no. Jasmine tells her not to overlook the diamond in the rough. DD 20 says, "Does that include hockey players?" and then she has to explain the sport to Aladdin and Jasmine. I wish I had THAT on video.

Melanie
12-24-2013, 07:51 AM
Our first *without in-laws* trip to WDW was in 1999. My daughter was 7. She was an Aladdin freak. She's seen the movie 1K times. Every time, we need to "fast forward" through the cave of wonders part. This is before DVD players.

Well at the 3:00 parade, we got prime seating. She's sitting there in her Jasmine shirt.

Jasmine and Aladdin come by on a float. Jasmine sees DD in her shirt and points to it. She then places her hand over her heart and then blows DD a kiss.

My daughter's face was priceless. I don't need a camera to picture it but wish I did capture it.

Later, when we were in Adventureland, she had the opportunity to meet Aladdin but she was afraid to. Captain Hook was in the same area and although the CM told her everyone in Mickey's Kingdom is kind, she was having none of it.

Fast Forward about 15 or so years.... Jasmine and Aladdin are doing meet and greets. DD; now 20 is standing in line (without her little sister). Jasmine asks her if she has found herself a prince too. DD20 says no. Jasmine tells her not to overlook the diamond in the rough. DD 20 says, "Does that include hockey players?" and then she has to explain the sport to Aladdin and Jasmine. I wish I had THAT on video.

Love it!

denygold
12-25-2013, 03:07 AM
Throwing a football with my son on the beach at the Contemporary at night in Nov 2004. The warm evening, the boats coming and going, special time with him- a memory I hold on to now that he is 18 and rarely around.

Katzateer
12-25-2013, 07:59 AM
There are so many and that is what keeps drawing us back. Many trips with my late MIL and the girls over the years.

My favorites were:

Walt's 100th birthday party at the Studios. It wasn't a planned activity for us and I discovered the event after we were at WDW. A great day with huge media events and lots of special moments.

Interaction with street performers at the Studios with my oldest. She was a very quiet child and didnt get out and interact with performers like our youngest but a few times she was really drawn out into the street and it was hilarious watching them bring her into their humorous moments. Brought tears to my eyes, laughing so hard.

Our youngest's first visit (18 months old) - she had just gotten out of the hospital and she had a great time. Her and Tigger had a special connection at Chef Mickeys and she has been a Disney girl ever since ( she is 19 now).

Stephanie dancing front row for televised Merry Christmas parade 3 years ago. A great ending for her 13 years of dance.

And.....one year we were at MK. It was POURING rain and huge streams of water were running through the sidewalk areas in Fantasyland. Our shoes were soaked, we were getting a little grouchy, and tired of the sticky ponchos and rain dripping in our faces. We went to our seating at Cinderella's castle a little early for lunch. There was no one in the area you wait in except Cinderella, Prince Charming AND the Fairy Godmother. The girls had a good 15 minutes alone time with them- singing, talking, hugging and dancing. Fun, fun, character meet.