PDA

View Full Version : Just back Le Celliers

Kaps
11-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Just came back from the world and I have to say that Canada (Le Cellier) was the worst meal we had over the 10 day trip. The service was not good. We had a party of 6 and asked for more of the pretzel bread because we only had two. The waitress came back with another two???? Which we had to split them up. She also never came back to see if we needed drinks either. Everyone is due a bad day but even when the check came it was thrown on the table not handed over. The food was also not good. My son and I ordered the prime rib but both steaks were over 50% fat. I had to send them back. The only meal that was ok was the new york strip. I would not go back even if they decided to kepp it at 1 table service, at two I think you should go elsewhere. :(

buzznwoodysmom
11-15-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm sorry you had such a bad meal. We are not Le Cellier fans either. I've never understood all the hoopla over this place. We've tried it twice. The first was for lunch and was horrible. We almost always give any place a second try before we totally write it off. We tried again for dinner, and while it was a bit better (probably because of what we ordered), it was still not all that great. We've since decided to leave Le Cellier open to those who love it and dine at other places we either have enjoyed in the past or try new places. I hope the rest of your trip was a great one.

HoosierDisneyFan
11-15-2010, 07:08 PM
Sorry to hear about your expirence. Le Celliers is always a favororite of mine. We are going in early Dec for Candlelight Processional dinner package.

wdwfansince75
11-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Sorry to hear about your expirence. Le Celliers is always a favororite of mine. We are going in early Dec for Candlelight Processional dinner package.

Please do a review after your visit. DW and I did not enjoy our last visit...large plate less than 20% covered by food, none of which was worth the price. And DW hates the long walk from LC back to the monorail...We found and love Kona Cafe as our new must do.

Kennywife
11-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Just came back from the world and I have to say that Canada (Le Cellier) was the worst meal we had over the 10 day trip. The service was not good. We had a party of 6 and asked for more of the pretzel bread because we only had two. The waitress came back with another two???? Which we had to split them up. She also never came back to see if we needed drinks either. Everyone is due a bad day but even when the check came it was thrown on the table not handed over. The food was also not good. My son and I ordered the prime rib but both steaks were over 50% fat. I had to send them back. The only meal that was ok was the new york strip. I would not go back even if they decided to kepp it at 1 table service, at two I think you should go elsewhere. :(

Oh I can top that. When my hubby and I went last month, I got choked and threw up all over the table! :sick: I used to love Le Cellier, but for our next trip, I'm skipping it.

faline
11-15-2010, 07:50 PM
I've had some variable experiences at Le Cellier over time. We had a less than stellar experience and did not return for a long time - even though others were talking about how wonderful this place was. We went back and had a few very good experiences and have now visited on most of our recent trips.

MagicalGuest
11-15-2010, 10:35 PM
On our trip in August, we found Le Cellier to be just so-so. The service was fine, but the filet mignon was only OK. My DS's steak tasted like cardboard. This was our first time there, so I wasn't sure if we anticipated much more because of all I had read. But from what everyone is reporting, maybe quality has dropped there lately?:confused:

Melanie
11-15-2010, 10:39 PM
My hubby and I had a great meal there a few months ago. Superb service and great food. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.

KylesMom
11-15-2010, 11:47 PM
It totally baffles me how inconsistent dining reviews at Disney can be - I chalk it up to different tastes, cooks, servers, etcetera. On our past several years of visits to LeCellier, it's always been among the best of our dining experiences. Last trip, we had three dinners at this establishment - and all were among the best we could possibly want. Appetizers, entrees & sides cooked to perfection, great cuts of meat (NY Strips & Fillet), a fabulous wine pairing and more than wonderful service - as well as our servers bringing DS as much pretzel bread as he wanted (which was alot with some to take home for breakfast the next day). I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your meal. :(

DH and I were just discussing this over the weekend, and there are a few places at Disney World we've never had a bad dining experience. This is one of them . . .

Insanity Clause
11-16-2010, 11:51 AM
Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience at Le Cellier. This was always one of our favorite places. We were very disappointed this year when we couldn't get rez the first week of December because of the processional.

BugeyedMuggy
11-16-2010, 12:35 PM
The wait staff should tell people the prime rib is all fat as that is what happend to us on one visit. It was terrible. We also had a similar experience in Oct with poor service. Definately not on the top of our list (never has benn tho)

Eponine
11-24-2010, 10:07 AM
We ate there on 11/8 and we had a 6:15 pm ADR and weren't seated until 7:10 pm. (Thanks to free dining ....don't get me started on that!).

The service was good but the food was ok. I love the soup of course. I had the prime rib and it was good, not the best.

Will I do it again? Probably not. I don't do the meal plan but if it's going to be 2 TS next year I can just imagine what the prices will be like.

I have eaten here about 7 times in the past years.

wire0monkey
11-24-2010, 10:28 AM
The first time I went to Le Cellier was 10 years ago. I loved it. The food was wonderful and the service was great. We had a very relaxed lunch there. I loved it.

It's still pretty good, but not as good as I remember it. They've added more tables to the dining room since then to meet increased demand. I think the kitchen is rushing to meet the increased demand.

It's too bad, but it led me to find another great place for a steak in the World. Grand Floridian Cafe has a very relaxed atmosphere, wonderful service, and a beautiful view of the lake. They make a wonderful steak. The service is terrific.

Gator
11-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Hey, is this a post to keep people from taking up all the ressies? If so, great idea.:D

I had the prime rib on my first visit in 2006. I do remember it having more fat on it than most prime ribs I've had. However, the meat itself was the tastiest I've ever had by far - plus I didn't leave there feeling like I was going to burst.

The only bad steak I had there was the coffee-rubber KC steak. Now that was truly a bad steak. What was I thinking? I hate coffee.

Goes4FastPass
11-26-2010, 09:13 AM
I'm glad this restaurant is gong to 2TS next year.

I'd rather pay more than travel all the way to Orlando to eat at Outback,

tundramom
11-26-2010, 10:26 AM
We ate there Monday 11/8 and had the best meal of the trip!The food was better than I remembered (we go yearly). I was kind of hoping it wouldn't be so it would be easier to say no to 2TS, but I'm going to have a hard time passing it up. Our server, Jackie, was super attentive. I had checked in early and told Amanda at the desk that we were surprising our friend at dessert time with ticket to MVMCP that night. She took the tickets and said "don't worry, I have an idea". Jackie brought us extra pretzel bread and even brought us a fresh wrapped batch at the end of the meal. At dessert she presented our friend with a card that said "Celebrate" and was signed by at least a dozen staff wishing him a good time at the party. Nearly made a grown man cry:blush:. Such a great experience I wrote a note to management.

jillluvsdisney
11-26-2010, 07:30 PM
Nice story Tundrmom. We had lunch there in August and it was a very nice meal. Good food and a very pleasant waitress...."Lindsay, spelled the correct way", just like my niece who was with us.:mickey:

txdisneyfanatic
11-28-2010, 02:47 PM
We found Le Cellier to be overrated as well....

kemps@wdw
11-28-2010, 11:39 PM
Gotta admit, I found LeCelliers ok the last time we went. Nothing FABULOUS. But then, I am a very picky eater, so their menu is not really my thing. That was a few visits ago. We tried, unsuccessfully, to get ADRs this last visit. Other family members really wanted a good steak while we were there. Ended up at the Kona Cafe @ the Poly, and I have to say that the steak I had there was OUTSTANDING! Short wait, great service, and excellent food...what's not to like!:thumbsup: