PDA

View Full Version : shula's 4lb lobster

jonahbear2006
11-15-2010, 01:03 AM
Just out of curiosity.....how much exactly IS the 4 lb lobster that is market price. I dont want to eat it, however, I was reading the passporter and it says if you have to ask how much it is, then you can't afford it, so now I want to know...how much does one pay for a lobster here?:mickey:

SBETigg
11-15-2010, 07:38 AM
That would change daily, which is why it says market price. I'm guessing you want to know if anyone has ordered it and what they paid. At Shula's, with the markup and transport costs factored in, it's probably a $50 to $100 dish (guessing closer to $100 or slightly more). That's a pretty big lobster. Lobster in itself is not that much a rarity, but the size of that one and the fact that you're ordering it in FL will up the price.

I would opt for the steak at Shula's anyway, but I live close to Maine and can get amazing lobster when I want it. Around here, I've seen prices as low as $5.99 a pound and as high as almost $30 a pound depending on time of year, availability, shelled/unshelled, but that's at a fish market and not at a restaurant.

I don't know. It could be more than I was thinking. I've been rethinking that price range, but how much would people be willing to pay? Honestly, I would order it without asking if it's what I wanted at the time, but it's not likely for me to get lobster at a steak place.

LorrieP
11-23-2010, 10:46 AM
I'm always amazed at the prices for lobster when we travel!! Right now it's going for $3.99 at some places up here in Maine!

DizneyRox
11-23-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm always amazed at the prices for lobster when we travel!! Right now it's going for $3.99 at some places up here in Maine!
Yes, the 1-1/14 lbs lobsters are fairly cheap right now per pound. That's not the price per pound though for larger ones.

Add to that the restaurant markups, etc, and I would guess the 4lbs lobster is easily a $100 entree.