PDA

View Full Version : Main Street Penny Arcade

DisneyNut6777
11-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Hello everyone. DW and I are thinking about planning a trip to DL for the first time. We live in middle TN. I remember the Penny Arcade from WDW in FL and all the truly wonderful moments I had spent there. I would like to show my wife what it was like. Can anyone tell me if the Penny Arcade in DL is about the same as the one in they used to have in WDW.:mickey: I sort've figured they modeled the one at WDW after the one in DL. Do they have a bunch of the old time games from the begining of the century, and there after or are there just a few here and there and it's mostly a shop. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.:mickey:

frozman
02-03-2011, 03:14 AM
It's more of a shop nowadays. I seem to think the number of "games" could be counted on one hand, at least one of which was a game with a retro feel (in others words a game manufactured in the 21st century made to look like something from the 1950's), they also have those machines where you pop a penny in and get to look in a box with a picture. To sum it up:
Penny arcade at WDW= 100% gone
Penny arcade at DL= 85% gone

Sad as it is, but they make more money from $10 lollipops than 1 cent games. If you go, you'd probably only spend a few minutes in there, if that.

CaptSmee
02-11-2011, 10:07 PM
No, the penny arcade at DL still has lots of penny machines. It's a candy store, but walk towards the back and around the counter in the center and there is still lots of the old movies and pressed penny machines. I spent like half hour in there last fall. :cool: