PDA

View Full Version : EMH at Christmastime....insane or wise?

Marceline
11-14-2010, 01:45 AM
Ok, I am asking for my sister's family who is going Dec. 26th-30th......CRAZY TIME! hehe In your opinion is EMH a bad idea, since the particular park that is hosting the evening EMH is always more crowded than the others.....OR is it wise to attend an EMH at Christmastime, because it whittles the park attendees down to just resort guests, since locals and off property folks cannot be in the parks during EMH?

Which leads me to my second related question.....do they actually enforce EMH strictly, especially at Holiday times? Used to be wrist bands, but last time we went I think they just asked to see Keys to the World on the rides.....and not very often at that. So it could be very easy to "cheat" and take advantage of EMH when you're not supposed to.

What is your experience those of you who have been during CRAZY crowdid TIME! :santa3:

I LoveJack
11-14-2010, 01:23 PM
We had to show resort key at turnstile to get into park for the morning. If they had a late night before, it should be manageable for the morning. I know the morning after New Years was almost dead until after 10.

Mousemates
11-14-2010, 03:58 PM
The thing you have to remember about Evening EMH at christmas is how late the parks are actually open in the first place...say MK to midnight...this means EMH end at 3AM...that is way too late for families with small kids and even many adults...so the last half of them the parks really clear out and you can do a quite a bit of riding...though it will pretty much destroy your energy levels the next day.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-15-2010, 09:18 AM
We did EMH during our trip Dec. 20-30, 2008....we found it did make a difference if you got there for the early morning days and rode popular attractions first thing, otherwise the waits were unmanageable in the afternoons....

MOJoe
11-15-2010, 11:38 AM
While i haven't been to MK during Christmas for many years, i have been during Spring Break, a very busy season too. And i must say that evening EMH at MK is one of my family's favorite things. In order to fully take advantage of it though, you must be prepared to stay till the very end. Taking a afternoon nap is essential. Without enough rest, you won't be able to stay till the end, which misses the whole point. So sleep an hour or two before you go.

When you arrive at the park in the early evening, you will encounter a mob. At that point you might feel your idea is insane. But as the night progresses, the crowd will thin until you feel that you are nearly the only ones left. That is the payoff for the wise. Riding your favorite ride over and over at 2:30 A.M. can make even a seasoned adult giggle like a grade school child. It really is a blast.
Of course the next day is shot. But having MK to yourself for a couple of hours is worth it. Have fun! :mickey:

cfoshe
11-15-2010, 12:58 PM
I know that year around christmas, my family stayed for evening EMH for the first half, it seamed to me that everyone stayed that was allowed and were not going away so we did.

Jim&AngieMarriner
11-16-2010, 10:31 AM
When we went in Dec of 2008 we were not a resort guest and couldnt use the EMH's. However our first day there we looked at the wrong opening time for the MK. They were having EMH durring the moring and wouldnt open up for another cpl hourse to everyone else. We had resigned ourselves to just waiting and were having a conversation with one of the ladies who were out front as a greeter/usher. When I mentioned that among other things we were celebrating my return from a 15 month deployment to Iraq, she asked for our tickets and then let us in. We got in probably 90 mins before we should have.