PDA

View Full Version : Pre-ordering Photo Pass

AeroRnRer
11-12-2010, 12:33 PM
I am considering taking advantage of the Photo Pass option for my upcoming trip. I hadn't heard of it before reading a bit about it here.

Just wondering if it is better to pre-order before leaving or wait and see how many photos we actually get. Is it a lot more expensive to order upon return?

Also wondering if there are a lot of spots at each park that the photos are offered?

What do all you Disney experts suggest? We are leaving on Sunday!!!:mickey:

Thanks!

Suz36
11-12-2010, 12:44 PM
I'd definitely suggest pre-ordering it. I can't remember the actual savings, but it's pretty good (around $30 maybe?) If it turns out you don't get a lot of photos and don't want the CD, they will refund your money, so it's a win-win situation. There are a ton of photo opportunities - don't forget to ask them if they can do any "special" shots!

Goofy4TheWorld
11-12-2010, 12:47 PM
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx

It will save you $50 if you pre-order, and you have no reason not to because if you do not like your pictures enough to pay $100 for the CD, they will refund your money!

AeroRnRer
11-12-2010, 02:18 PM
That is a win/win if they refund the price if you decide not to buy it. I didn't know that...thanks for the info!:thumbsup:

Gator
11-12-2010, 04:58 PM
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx

It will save you $50 if you pre-order, and you have no reason not to because if you do not like your pictures enough to pay $100 for the CD, they will refund your money!

A refund? Wow, that makes it a no-brainer for my upcoming trip.

2MuchWDFun
11-12-2010, 05:22 PM
It's a very good deal to purchase it ahead of your trip...just make sure to stop at every photo pass location in each of the parks. You'll be amazed how many photos you end up with. Have some pics taken individually and in different group configurations (mom & dad, grandma and grandkids, just the kids, each kid individually, etc!) At some of the spots they'll take photos that add in special features--such as Stitch, Simba and Tinkerbell. It'll look like you are holding the characters. It is a great way to capture wonderful memories of your trip!

DizneyRox
11-12-2010, 09:39 PM
If you pre-order, DO NOT pre-register your card. You have like 30 days from the registration date of the photopass card in the system to pick you borders, etc.

We did not register the card for a week or so after our trip, we just used the photopass kiosk in the resort to preview our photos. Taking a long trip, that could really buy you some etra time to decide. In my experience, the photopass system was slow as molassass in Wisconsin in winter! You might need every bit of the 30 days to work your photos.

BklynChick
11-12-2010, 09:52 PM
I pre-purchased the CD this time and was happy I did. We were at MNSSHP so we took advantage of the special photo ops during the party, too. There are maps on the PhotoPass site which will give you an idea of where they are, but mostly you just see them as you tour the parks. At Animal Kingdom, they had some before you entered, too - these ended up being some very nice shots.