PDA

View Full Version : Wishes music

Travis1717
11-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Hi Everyone,

First off, I'm not sure whether I'm posting this to the right board or not. My apologies if I'm not!

I've read the INTERCOT discussion boards for a long time but have never asked a question. I thought I would jump in today with a question that I've had since my last trip to WDW in June. When I was there I noticed that the Wishes music/soundtrack was different from my previous trip in May of 2006. So my question is -- can anyone tell me the name of the Wishes music back in May of 2006, and where I might be able to find it?

More generally, is there a place where I can find Disney World theme park music? I believe I read a discussion about this a while back but haven't been able to find the thread using the search feature.

Any assistance that you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated!

magicofdisney
11-11-2010, 10:04 PM
You can buy some music at Disney. I bought the Wishes soundtrack from some store while I was at Disney a few years ago. I couldn't tell you about any changes to the soundtrack between your visits.

There is a website called live365 that offers all variations of music. For day-to-day enjoyment, I tune into some of their Disney channel offerings. My favorite is MouseWorld Radio. I believe Intercot has a station (at least they did at one time) and there are many more from which to choose.

You can download some content but I can't tell you the legalities of it all. One site I've perused is Mousebits. It's worth checking out to see what all is out there.

Spang88
11-11-2010, 10:15 PM
From what I have tried, Live365 is my preference, and I agree, I like MouseWorld Radio. It has everything from music, to Monorail tracks, to old-school audio. Its great!

Gator
11-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Wishes was different on your last trip? What time of year did you go? I've seen Wishes on my 04, 06, 08, and 2010 visit and it's always the same. The time it was different was at the Christmas Party - it was a completely different song for the party. However, they had Wishes earlier in the day before the party started.

I know back in 2006, DisneyLand has a version of Wishes that had Julie Andrews talking in it. It was similiar to the MK's version, but had variations throughout the firework show. I'd love to get to the bottom of this mystery.

Suz36
11-12-2010, 11:45 AM
I can't speak to the difference in the music (we have a soundtrack that I believe was purchased in 2005 and is exactly the same). But as far as the other theme park music, we have a great collection called "Four Parks, One World" that we bought there, and listen to all the time!

Rereading your question, if you were there in June, weren't they doing the Summer Nighttastic fireworks at that time? That music I believe is similar to the Pirates and Princess Party fireworks, which is on an events CD along with Halloween Party music.

DizneyRox
11-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Yeah, in June they were doing Summer Nightastic instead of Wishes. I don't think the show (Wishes) has changed too much, outside of less pyro to save a few bucks here and there.

Travis1717
11-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Thanks, everyone! That's definitely it. It was the Summer Nighttastic and not the Wishes I remembered.

Suz36 - I especially appreciated your comment because I remember watching the show and thinking, "I don't remember Pirates in this"!

I've tracked down the music online already!

Thanks, again!

11-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Wishes was different on your last trip? What time of year did you go? I've seen Wishes on my 04, 06, 08, and 2010 visit and it's always the same. The time it was different was at the Christmas Party - it was a completely different song for the party. However, they had Wishes earlier in the day before the party started.

For the Christmas parties, the "Wishes" is called "Holiday Wishes". Regular "Wishes" does NOT run earlier in the day on party nights, just the "non-party" nights, after the first ELP of the night, just to make sure guests do not come earlier and expect it after reading this thread. (For general information, I've worked every day parade and Christmas party in Nov. / Dec. 2009 every day parade and Christmas party in Nov. 2010 and Wishes (regular) has not run, just Holiday Wishes @ 9:30 pm).

This is the same scenario as the Halloween parties, except the "show" is called "Hallowishes".

The Wishes and the Holiday Wishes music is available on CD's but it is a bit hard to find on a regular basis. I found mine at DTD on Jan. of 2010 but it was not in MK at any stores. Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas Time parade music is NOT available on CD. It is proprietary, non-released music.

DizneyRox
11-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas Time parade music is NOT available on CD. It is proprietary, non-released music.
It's not officially available, but it's all over the Internet...

Jim&AngieMarriner
11-16-2010, 10:56 AM
From what I have tried, Live365 is my preference, and I agree, I like MouseWorld Radio. It has everything from music, to Monorail tracks, to old-school audio. Its great!

I love Live365 for getting my music fix. :thumbsup:
Unfortunately it wont work for me here at work. Dog gone government computers block it. :(