PDA

View Full Version : AKL Club level questions

luvDaMouse
11-11-2010, 03:03 PM
I am so excited :yay:, I was able to book CL for our 25th anniversary next October. We will be coming off a 3 day cruise on the Dream then heading to AKV to a 1 bedroom CL. Please anyone with any infomation on staying CL could you share with me? This is my first CL stay and I would like to take advantage of any of the services that they offer but I dont know where to start. I know that there are not too many rooms on the DVC CL floor so I dont think I would make any room requests, although I know I would NOT like to have a HA room. Should I request that? But what about dining adr's or something special for my anniversary? I would like to have a special cake delivered to dinner would they handle that? What about tipping should you tip bellhops? mousekeeping? whats customary? Any help or information would be most welcome!!!!:mickey:
Thanks!
Dana

Mitzie
11-12-2010, 10:09 AM
So exciting!!! We stayed last Dec. club level at AKL. It is my understanding you are to have a savanah view room. Ours was of the Arusha or the central one. With all the breakdowns in views now, ask IPO which you might be getting. Also know that staying CL at AKL you can do the sunrise safari at AK park. It cost extra and only runs on Thur. and Sun. We really enjoyed this. DH said the breakfast they serve with it was almost worth the extra cost. Strongly recommend this if you can swing it. We enjoyed the CL lounge and were able to sample things from all times of the day. Breakfast was normal continental fare but all very good. DH sampled several different beers from places like Africa and enjoyed that. Don from IPO is wonderful and really worked to get us the bunk beds we requested as well as connecting rooms. Can't say enough good things. ENJOY!

shellyc
11-13-2010, 05:33 PM
We are doing AKL club level in April 2011 for my 65th birthday, then going on the Dream April 10, 2011. I already booked the Sunrise Safari for 4/10/11 and am on the wait list for the previous Thursday. We can't wait. Last year we did CL at WL for DH's 65th birthday.

TammiMcMan
11-15-2010, 05:32 PM
It is my understanding you are to have a savanah view room. This is true for a standard CL room, but the OP is staying in a DVC unit. As far as I know, those are not guaranteed a savannah view, but it can be requested.

This is the email address to reach your personal intinerary planner,
animal.kingdom.lodge.itinerary.planning@disneyworl d.com . They can definitely help you with ADR's and any other special things you may want to plan.

Bellhops is considered a tipped position, mousekeeping is not, but that's discretionary. The concierge staff has strict rules about accepting tips and it's definitely not expected or required.

TheRustyScupper
11-15-2010, 11:41 PM
The concierge staff has strict rules about accepting tips and it's definitely not expected or required.

1) And, they can be terminated for accepting cash tips.
2) However, token gifts up to $75 value are permitted.

PS - The concierge making arrangements PRIOR to your trip are with the IPO office. You WILL NOT ever see them, as they do not operate on the Club Floor. Thus, trying to tip them for arrangements they have make can't be done.