PDA

View Full Version : LeCellier - Speculation on Menu Changes

KylesMom
11-11-2010, 02:15 PM
We are once again planning our summer getaway, and LeCellier is one of our favorite dinner dining locations (3x last trip). DH and DS are "meat and potatoes" kind of guys without all of the fluff/fancy sauces, and so they really enjoy LeCellier. Illuminations is an added bonus after dinner, too. :thumbsup:

Any speculation on how upscale LeCellier is going to go with their menu? I'd hate to make several ADRs in January, only to find out that it is becoming closer to a Cali Grill with exotic appetizers, sauces and sides when we return in July. I understand that lunch will be more the current fare, but we really enjoy going there for dinner. Also, I would assume that with it going to a Signature restaurant there will be a dress code in place. While we always wear nicer shorts & shirts to dinner, how much will the Signature status affect what guests wear since it's in a theme park?

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on what LeCellier will become when the change occurs! :mickey:

SBETigg
11-11-2010, 02:38 PM
I thought it might go more upscale steakhouse, a la Yachtsman and Shula's. In that case, people who love meat without fancy sides and sauces would be all set. But I really have no idea. I don't think they'll change it too much, because it's working so well now. I would expect staples like the pretzel bread and cheese soup to stay, maybe with some more upscale dishes on the menu and a stronger focus on quality ingredients, better meat cuts, etc.

Gator
11-11-2010, 03:34 PM
I can't imagine a dress code for Le Cellier when it's inside a park. Like eating at the castle, you can arrive wearing anything and they don't care. As far as food, I'm not sure how they can change the menu too much without affecting the Canadian style.

SBETigg
11-11-2010, 03:55 PM
As far as dress code, Brown Derby is a Signature in a park and the dress code is relaxed enough to allow theme park attire. Actually, even at the Signatures in resorts, the dress code is a very relaxed one. You can wear jeans, t-shirts, shorts- just nothing ripped or bathing suit-ish. Of course, at the resort Signatures, people do tend to dress a little more, but the code is not a strict one at all.

MOJoe
11-12-2010, 02:47 PM
My speculation is that LeCellier and it's menu will be virtually unchanged. The upgrade to 2 dining credits is most likely just a re-positioning due to the cost of the food and the popularity of the restaurant.

All the other "steak houses" are 2 credits. The steak at Brown Derby, especially, is very similar in quality to that of LeCellier. So why is one place less expensive to visit than another? LeCellier has enjoyed an advantage in that respect. And the difficulty in getting an ADR is proof. Management just decided that such a descrepancy shouldn't exist. Raising the price will almost certainly eliminate the need to call on that 180th day to get a ressie. And that's a good thing for fans of LeCellier, but a bad thing for those looking to get the most bang for their 1 DDP Credit buck.