PDA

View Full Version : Any nurses? gotta q?

Hair_Razor
11-10-2010, 10:17 PM
I am taking cookies into the hospital for the nurses who saved my life during a harrowing labor and delivery experience. So question is silly I know, are home made cookies a weird gift? Will they think I poisoned them or will they be all about it?

DisneyMom12
11-10-2010, 11:23 PM
I am no nurse, but I think that sounds nice. I am sure they will appreciate your thought.

kakn7294
11-11-2010, 12:19 AM
I'm a nurse and I can tell you that we love thank you gifts from our patients and their families. Since we aren't allowed to accept individual gifts, food gifts that the whole staff can enjoy are great. While there will probably be some who won't eat them because they are homemade, I'm betting there are also plenty who will enjoy them. It's very nice of you to want to do this and I'm sure they will appreciate it!

Kenny1113
11-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Ditto. We love when pt bring in something as a "thank you". Like the pp mentioned even if some do not eat them, the thought will be appreciated! In other words no one Is going to complain that they are homemade and not store bought. That is very thoughtful of you to remember those who helped you. :)

princessgirls
11-11-2010, 10:35 AM
I work in adoption and we always LOVE it when our clients stop in with homemade treats.
It's a very nice touch.
I'm sure the nurses will appreciate it!!
Congratulations on your baby!! Hope everything is going smoothly after a rough start.
Julie:mickey:

princessjojo
11-12-2010, 09:14 AM
We love it when patients and their families bring cookies and such to our unit after their discharges. But more-so than actually just liking the cookies, I think it says more about the fact that you actually appreciated what they did for you and recognized that. I often like that more than the "gifts" themselves.

MNNHFLTX
11-12-2010, 10:42 AM
We have patients/families bring in homemade goodies all the time to thank the nursing staff. It is very appreciated. :thumbsup:

pianobabe
11-12-2010, 10:52 PM
I think it sounds great. I know for me it always means so much when someone comes back to say thank you. It shows that they thought enough about you to show their appreciation and that means a great deal.

Hair_Razor
11-14-2010, 06:02 PM
I work in adoption and we always LOVE it when our clients stop in with homemade treats.
It's a very nice touch.
I'm sure the nurses will appreciate it!!
Congratulations on your baby!! Hope everything is going smoothly after a rough start.
Julie:mickey:

Excellent, I was adopted. And the baby is awesome but he's not mine. I was a surrogate. :mickey:

Thanks everyone, went to the hospital and dropped them off, it was nice to see some faces I recognized. I was there for 5 days so I had a lot of nurses help me out. Nurses are amazing! Kudos to all of you who do what you do!

White Rose
11-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Excellent, I was adopted. And the baby is awesome but he's not mine. I was a surrogate. :mickey:

Thank you to nurses, but I also want to express my appreciation for you being a surrogate. I have a condition that causes infertility and while it will be some time before I consider having children, surrogacy is an option I will possibly be considering. Especially as my own little sister has already offered herself up.

But, yes, thank you to nurses! You're epic! :thumbsup:

Hair_Razor
11-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Thank you to nurses, but I also want to express my appreciation for you being a surrogate. I have a condition that causes infertility and while it will be some time before I consider having children, surrogacy is an option I will possibly be considering. Especially as my own little sister has already offered herself up.

But, yes, thank you to nurses! You're epic! :thumbsup:

Oh thank you a million, I would offer my services if I was allowed to be pregnant again. My husband would kill me if the pregnancy didn't. It was a great gift, I'm glad I was able to do that for someone else. Good luck in your journey, people are put in peoples lives for a reason. Even babies, just ask my mom. ;)

garymacd
11-20-2010, 08:52 PM
As the husband of a retired nurse, I can guarantee you that they will love any treat you bring in. She always said they would eat just about anything except their own young.

Dsnygirl
11-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Cassi, I just wanted to say thank you for the gift of life you gave someone... that is an amazing gift. That you had such a harrowing experience and are able to smile about it and even say you'd do it again is even more amazing... I'm sure the family is SO thankful for you!! :thumbsup:

I just happen to be a labor & delivery nurse, so I know just how special what you did was, and just how scary your experience must have been... when things go wrong, it gets scary on so many levels, and I'm so thankful you are fine!

And as far as the cookies?? I know you already brought them in, but just wanted to assure you that they were probably VERY appreciated... we LOVE it when homemade goodies are brought in!! I'm sure your experience and the nurses who shared it with you will not be forgotten on the L&D unit, as well... we always remember special situations like yours. :cloud9:

Stitchahula
11-29-2010, 01:59 PM
When my son was first diagnosed with DBA, he was in the hospital for a week. The nurses were incredible. I wanted to give back a little something so I did a big basket of homemade cookies, brownies, banana bread plus I put in chocolates. The room my son was in was a favorite for the nurses because we always had chocolate and they knew they were welcomed to them. We received really good care. It helps to make friends with the nursing staff.:thumbsup: