PDA

View Full Version : I just wanted to tell someone who understands...

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-09-2010, 04:27 PM
I'm sitting at work, typing along and listening to my iPod Shuffle. Well, the next "shuffle" was the Illuminations soundtrack. And I started :crying: !!! I have been working a little on my trip reports from our last trip a mere 3 weeks ago and it just hit me....

I MISS DISNEY ALREADY!!!!

Good thing we've got a trip planned already. 318 days :D

Just wanted to tell someone who would understand what a Disney lame-o I am! :thumbsup:

Disney Hungarian
11-09-2010, 04:35 PM
I totally get it. Not the crying part. I'm a guy and we can't cry. But I do have several speakers in my yard hooked up to a CD player. I usually have the WDW music from the parks CD on a continuous loop. Drives my guests nuts after a few beers. I just tell them if they want the free beer they have to listen to my music.:mickey:

caryrae
11-09-2010, 05:14 PM
I hear ya, I was just watching a Full House episode when they went to WDW today and man I want to go back. They have some Disney Parks videos you can stream from Netflix I have been watching too.

It has been over a year since our last WDW trip and no trip planned. I hate it, it seems our Disney trips are getting longer and longer between each visit. We have been several places but there just seems to be nothing like a Disney vacation.

faline
11-09-2010, 05:36 PM
You just need to keep planning that next trip - even if you're not in a place where you can actually book it yet!

hoop de do
11-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Those are called magical tears from a magical place.

Daisy'sMom
11-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Isn't it amazing that we all love Disney so much it moves us to tears. Just smile when the tears start and think about your next trip.:mickey:

Kim Possible
11-09-2010, 07:24 PM
aww! i listen to wishes in the car and cry all the time! you are not alone!!!!!!!!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-09-2010, 08:01 PM
This is definitely the place to come for people who understand. Sad and happy at the same time! You have to start planning the next trip, what you'll do, see and eat.

divinedi
11-10-2010, 07:08 PM
I was playing my CD's the other day (haven't listened to them for a long time!)and heard the Soarin' track, I teared up too. It's a bittersweet thing as mentioned, it brings back memories, but also such a deep longing to go back, and I don't know when that will be :(. No job in over a year but I'm going to school, so hopefully better things to come (at 53!! I'm too old for this!). But by the time I finish school and get a job, hopefully, and save enough money to go back, lord knows when that will be...........:cry:

I will go back, I will go back, I will go back!!!! It's what keeps me going!

lynnek
11-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Ummmmmm, thinking a trip report would be the spoonful of sugar here......waiting patiently....:fingers:

Suz36
11-12-2010, 04:50 PM
I'm right there with you. Illuminations and Wishes get me every time - whenever they come on in the car, the kids ask me, "Are you crying yet?" And those first few weeks after a trip are the toughest - I call it Post-Disney Depression. All those wonderful memories you made make you happy and sad at the same time. The best remedy is definitely planning the next trip, looking at pictures from your trip, and of course, commiserating with friends on Intercot!

IloveDisney71
11-13-2010, 07:13 PM
I totally get it. I keep crying every time they show one of the new Disney commercials where it shows the parents surprising their kids with a Disney trip. It's getting ridiculous...I'm going to have to start changing the channel when they come on if I can't get a grip on myself! :blush:

Boojum
11-15-2010, 11:03 PM
I understand completely!

My daughters' high school band took a trip to WDW back in April. We had a CD of "The Music of Disney," which their band director borrowed so he could copy it for his son.

Anyhow, fast-forward to mid-May: I'm sitting at their spring concert, and the band starts playing the music for "Soarin'." The band director had actually listened to the CD many times and composed it for the band to play. I literally burst into tears--the combination of that lovely Disney music and seeing my children play it was such an amazing experience!