PDA

View Full Version : 1900 park fare dinner

nfrustaci
11-08-2010, 12:20 PM
has anyone been to the 1900 park fare dinner recently. i have been reading really bad reviews on this one. i have had the breakfast there before and thought it was not too bad. i enjoy the characters at the breakfast and was excited to see that there is a cindarella dinner other than at the castle. didn't care for the food at the castle breakfast at all. i am a cindarella and prince charming fan. any comments are welcomed. thanks

clausjo
11-08-2010, 01:49 PM
We did this in August for the first time and it was great. The food was average buffet food, but the characters were really a lot of fun, especially the step sisters! We have the breakfast scheduled on our trip this February.

Disney4us2
11-08-2010, 07:24 PM
We haven't been recently, but have been twice before and it was very good. We will be going again very soon... December 3rd:eat::tasty:

KAT1811
11-08-2010, 07:58 PM
One of our favorite meals in WDW. The buffet in my opinion is better than most and has a very nice variety of offerings. I am not a big buffet fan but really enjoy this one. It's a wonderful place to see Cinderella and the Step Sisters are HYSTERICAL!!! They are worth the trip alone!

faline
11-08-2010, 08:06 PM
It's been a couple of years since we went. We're not big buffet fans but the food was decent and the stepsisters and stepmother were loads of fun!

It did take quite a long time to be seated and we're not sure why. I've heard others report the same so allot extra time here.

brivers222
11-09-2010, 07:31 AM
The best thing about this dinner is the step sisters... other than that, it was not worth the price you pay OOP or 1TS. We vowed never to go back for dinner there... and even with trying to find ways to use the Deluxe Dinning (3a day) TS credits... we are skipping this meal.

For slightly more, CRT had better food (slightly) and a better location (inside the castle)

information gathered from our experience 10/9/10 8:00pm

LandFan
11-09-2010, 07:45 AM
The food was average buffet food, but the characters were really a lot of fun, especially the step sisters! We have the breakfast scheduled on our trip this February.

Exactly! One of the ugly stepsisters is the funniest character I've ever met!! (She plays the one in the blue/lime dress with the dark hair) OMG was she EVER funny! The buffet is pretty average but quite adequate.

MagicalGuest
11-09-2010, 08:38 AM
As everyone else said, the food is just average buffet fare. You're really there for the entertainment and the stepsisters top the bill! Although this year, Prince Charming also had my 2 sons giggling a lot. We've done this meal twice now and have all agreed that we will skip this one on our next trip because it's getting old. But it was well worth our 1st and maybe even 2nd trips, if only for the experience.

eandrsmom
11-09-2010, 09:14 AM
We love 1900 Park Fare. It is one of the "must do" character meals that we do. My daughter has had two birthday dinners there. This past May, she danced with the evil step-mother when it was time to dance. Since it was her birthday, the step-mother insisted that she dance, since the evening wasn't "all about Cinderella, you know". I think the food is better than most of the other character dinners, even though it 's a buffet. But, the characters are awesome, and keep us going back each year.

r4kids
11-09-2010, 12:30 PM
We have done dinner many times and always enjoyed our experience. No the food isn't the most amazing I have ever had but I didn't expect it to be. It is easier to get into and costs less than CRT with great characters. We plan to have bkft here this upcoming trip.

Gator
11-09-2010, 12:39 PM
All this talk about the step-sisters has me excited for my dinner in February. They're always hilarious in the parade. Getting the ono-on-one should be great!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
11-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Alas, I've been looking for an ADR opening for going on two months and have yet to find one:mad:

But, out of the blue I was lucky to snag a Chef Mickeys ADR:cloud9:, the only time I had ever seen one pop up, so between that and a Crystal Palace lunch, we'll get at least some character interaction.

whitney37354
11-09-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't remember anything about the food from 6/10, but the character interaction was the best we had out of 10 character meals. DD danced with Cinderella, Prince Charming, & Anastasia. Lady Tremaine wasn't too mean either.

buzznwoodysmom
11-09-2010, 06:05 PM
We ate here in 2007, so its been a while, but this was by far the worst meal we've ever had in WDW. The character interaction was great, but the food was awful. My DH actually came back from the buffet with an empty plate asking the rest of us if there was another location for food because everything he saw looked horrible. I never write off a restuarant after just one meal. I always figure it could have been an off night, did that with Le Cellier, and plan to try Boma again even though I did not like that meal at all. However, I am pretty sure we'll never try 1900 Park Fair again. It was that bad. I don't care if it was an off night, I don't ever want to waste that much time or money in WDW again. I hope you have better luck than we did with your meal there. Just want to add that we were a party of 15 and everyone was disappointed with this meal, well except my SIL, she thought it was "OK".

MyDisneyworld
11-10-2010, 01:56 PM
We had dinner there last year and the food was just average. We went more for the character experience which my 2 daughters loved. As others have said the step sisters and step mother were very funny. Kids still talk about it.

brivers222
11-11-2010, 08:31 PM
page 5 - 7 below have pictures from our 1900PF visit Oct 9th 2010...
http://family.webshots.com/album/578765687NFquGR?start=48

the one thing that makes the food taste better is you gotta eat it out of the mickey shaped plates :number1:

GoofyforFun
11-12-2010, 08:48 PM
The characters interaction was great for us . Cinderella's kiss for my boy and some good pics with prince charming for the girls. The Godmother we had was great in character as was the step sisters.. Food was ok for some , good for others..no real complaints, it is a little different.

BugeyedMuggy
11-13-2010, 08:56 AM
We had a party of 10 and all thought the food was terrible but the characters were very funny. The step sisters were very interactive with the guests. Cinderella & Prince Charming seemed to be having a lovers quarrel that evening . It was good to do once but would not be on our next to do list. But that is just our opinion.