PDA

View Full Version : Not going :-(

quicksand
11-08-2010, 10:29 AM
We should be leaving to go to the World on Sunday, but had to cancel our trip because of financial reasons. My husband and I have made a plan and we should be COMPLETELY out of debt by the summer of 2013. I am happy that we will be out of debt, but I am so sad that we aren't going on this trip. I realize that we are in better financial shape than a lot of other people, but I am still sad. Its been 2 years since we've been. :-( thank you intercot family for letting me vent and understanding how I feel.

LauraF
11-08-2010, 10:37 AM
I have *completely* been there. Good for you for making the mature decision to hold off until you can go without stretching yourself financially.

Trust me, it will be worth the wait, becuase you can have fun without worrying every moment about how much money you are spending.

Yeah, it ***** to hear about everyone else's trips and not have one planned, but you can get through it. There are free ways to get the WDW fix - the Disney store, movies, Travel Channel specials. all of these help tide me over between trips.

Hang in there . . .

SBETigg
11-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Aw, I'm sorry. It's so hard to want to be there and not be able to go. Being out of debt will feel so great, though, and then you can go and really enjoy it. But for now, what a bummer.

magicofdisney
11-08-2010, 11:26 AM
I completely understand how sad it is to realize you should be "here or there" at Disney when a trip is cancelled. However, I agree that you're making a wise decision. We're working towards debt free living and I can't wait till the day I can shout "WE'RE DEBT FREE!" Good for you. :thumbsup:

dnickels
11-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Good for you on making the right decision! :thumbsup: It pays off in the long run and you'll be much happier you did it. I know a lot of people say they don't want to be 70 years old and wishing they had taken more trips, but the flip side of that is being 70 years old and not being able to take trips anywhere when you have the time and ability to do so.

Daisy'sMom
11-08-2010, 01:06 PM
I am thinking that you will enjoy your next trip even more than you could have if you had gone now.
There was one year we could not go either. That was the year of the cupcake castle and I think of it as fate stepping in. We had so much fun the next time we went.
Take a deep breath and know you are not the only one experiencing this. It happens. And you will have so much fun planning the next trip.:mickey:

faline
11-08-2010, 01:10 PM
You've clearly set an important goal for you and your family! Good for you in achieving such a significant thing!

Although I understand how disappointing it is to have to wait so much longer for your next trip, you will truly deserve to have a wonderful vacation when you next go!

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
11-08-2010, 01:11 PM
I know how you feel. We will be making our first trip to WDW in nearly five years because of debt. You will feel so great to be out of debt! Then you can go more often hopefully! They ain't going anywhere. It will still be open when all your bill collectors are just a memory.

AllDisney
11-08-2010, 05:15 PM
You will enjoy your trip in 2013 knowing you are debt free. Good choice. Start planning now and the time will fly by:thumbsup:

quicksand
11-09-2010, 06:08 AM
Thank you so much everyone for the kind words and encouragement. I know that I'm being a baby and ungrateful about my situation. Through your replies, I don't feel so bad and I feel like that I can make it til our next trip. I love INTERCOT!!!

cer
11-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Hang on!! The time will fly by!

So happy for and proud of you for making this very difficult and responsible decision.

I know though, I'd be stomping my feet over it, too.

Anytime I need a Disney 'fix' I sometimes treat myself to a Disney pin on ebay or go to the Disney outlet and buy a new t-shirt. It will all be ok and you will have a great testimony to share about how you were blessed by making good financial choices. :thumbsup: