PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever asked this question?

WDWCrazyKaren
11-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Getting ready to board a ride, say PoTC, and you really don't want the ride experience marred by the idiots and their flashes from the cameras...so....

Has anyone ever been standing, waiting to board your boat, and asked the others waiting for the same boat "Hey, is anyone going to be taking flash photos? If so, I'll just wait for the next boat. Please let me know. Thank you."

It's nice, it's to the point, and you are willing to take the next boat and not make them wait.

Has anyone done this? I'm tempted, just want to know how it went over.

Thanks!

Darbylew
11-08-2010, 09:40 AM
We have never asked that question but would
like to ask it many times on different rides and
shows. The cast members ask that you don't
take pictures on some rides and shows but the
people still do it. I don't understand why they
do after being told not to.

Carolanne
11-08-2010, 10:21 AM
The cast members ask that you don't take pictures on some rides and shows but the people still do it. I don't understand why they do after being told not to. Because some people insist they are going to do what they want to do, rules & common courtesy be darned.

I do have to say, as many times as I've been on POTC, I've experienced flash photography once. Years ago (pre-refurb), the boat had just taken off & a couple decided to whip out their cameras & start flashing away. To my surprise, the boat came to a stop & a CM came over the speaker & announced that flash photography is not allowed and instructed everyone to refrain from taking flash photos. The couple quickly put their camera away.

Mickey'sGirl
11-08-2010, 10:24 AM
There has been the odd flash for sure, but far worse than the flash photography, IMO, is the Cell-phone lights parents use with their children on dark rides .... ESPECIALLY the Haunted Mansion. I can't remember the last ride through the HM that wasn't marred by some kind of lighting device. Sorry ... a bit of a peeve of mine.

I have never asked the question, and would not be bothered if you asked it of me.

captain j
11-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Funny you should post this...
We just got home from WDW. While at the Haunted Mansion, the couple in the next doom buggy was shooting w/flash through the entire ride. For some people, it's all about "ME".

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-08-2010, 10:53 AM
No, but I would like to!

I've been known to call out in rides "there is no flash photography, and that means you" a couple of times, :blush: especially on Peter Pan. Somehow, flying over London with flashes all around just looses something.

JabberJaws
11-08-2010, 11:16 AM
I never have, but what I'd really like to do is when an errant flash goes off on a dark ride I'd like to take the camera from that person, calmly remove the batteries, place them in my pocket, and return the camera to them. :photo:

The funny thing about people insisting on taking flash photos or having on their external video camera lighting is that these implements typically make the photo or video WORSE in really dark situations like a dark ride. A flash is only going to illuminate what is immediately in front of it unless you have a professional external flash. People are better off taking their chances w/ a shot using no external lighting. At least then you might see something rather than just seeing a big white blur or the edge of the ride vehicle all lit up!

Imagineer1981
11-08-2010, 11:17 AM
THE WORST was when they first put in Jack Sparrow. It looked like the paparazzi was in the boat with us snaping away

magicofdisney
11-08-2010, 11:22 AM
If someone is going to do anyway, despite the warning from the CM, I seriously doubt they'll give you advanced notice, no matter how nicely you phrase your question.

princessjojo
11-08-2010, 12:03 PM
I agree, it does get on my nerves as well. But I too have been guilty of this, and not meant to. I try to set my camera to take with no flash, but if I wait too long, it sometimes returns to auto and will flash accidently. I do stop taking pictures at that point or try to correct it again before taking any more pictures.

Totodog
11-08-2010, 12:38 PM
I'm not sure it would really matter if you are in the same boat or not. We were there just last week and had the boats in front of us and behind us all taking flash photography. Ruined the whole atmosphere of the ride. Since they usually end up getting bunch all together I don't see what difference it would make.

Hazmat
11-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Camera flashes are annoying, but it's something that is nearly impossibe to stop... Another pet hate? External video lighting! Had a guy sat behind me on dinosaur lighting up the whole world a few years back. Dinosaurs just don't look so convincing when you see everything... Wanted to feed his camera to the dinosaurs....

As a joke I think they should modify one of there dark rides so that they can send cars on rides like dinosaur down a different route and stop them in pitch blacknees and scare the living daylights out of people with camera flashes! Would be interesting :p

Ian
11-08-2010, 01:17 PM
I guess I must be a bit more laid back or something, because honestly I don't get all the fuss about the flashes.

Doesn't really bother me that much at all. In fact, I'm far more annoyed if someone is texting or using a Blackberry/iPhone in front of me than I am by flashes. It's that constant, distracting glow in my eyes that annoys me.

I think flashes, to me, are just kind of part of being in Disney World. People want pictures.

Polynesian Dweller
11-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Got to agree with Ian, the constant glow of cell phones bother me more than flashes. It's especially bad at night or dark lines. There are so many people looking at cell phones that there is a glow everywhere. Folks, put the cell phone away. You are on vacation and can skip twitter and facebook for a few minutes and let all of us enjoy the attraction and not your phone.

mattandmandy
11-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Got to agree with Ian, the constant glow of cell phones bother me more than flashes. It's especially bad at night or dark lines. There are so many people looking at cell phones that there is a glow everywhere. Folks, put the cell phone away. You are on vacation and can skip twitter and facebook for a few minutes and let all of us enjoy the attraction and not your phone.

well said!!

MNNHFLTX
11-08-2010, 02:31 PM
While the question might be practical, it would bother me to have to ask, since the rules are that flash photography is banned. Besides, who is going to actually admit in front of the CM's that they plan on taking flash photography?

Gator
11-08-2010, 03:11 PM
THE WORST was when they first put in Jack Sparrow. It looked like the paparazzi was in the boat with us snaping away

This is when I noticed it. There were tons of flashes on POTC when Jack appeared. I can't say it bothered me a whole lot other than the one ride where there were about 8 girls snapping flash photos.

I'll be first to admit that I've done it several times by accident on POTC, Peter Pan, and Haunted Mansion. But after feeling stupid, I turn the flash off and hope for the best.

SBETigg
11-08-2010, 03:20 PM
I guess I must be a bit more laid back or something, because honestly I don't get all the fuss about the flashes.

Doesn't really bother me that much at all. In fact, I'm far more annoyed if someone is texting or using a Blackberry/iPhone in front of me than I am by flashes. It's that constant, distracting glow in my eyes that annoys me.

I think flashes, to me, are just kind of part of being in Disney World. People want pictures.

It's not a matter of being uptight or intolerant for some of us, Ian. I get migraines. Flashing lights in the dark trigger them for me. If the people directly in front of you are taking flash photos, it can actually impair your eyesight with a temporary light blindness-- especially since people who are careless enough to take flash photos on dark rides are rarely kind enough to make sure they're not flashing right in your eyes. But the cell phone and steady camera lights bother me, too. That's just more of an annoyance that I am laid back enough to let go. ;)

Stu29573
11-08-2010, 03:22 PM
On my last trip, I pretty much missed POC because I couldn't get my flash to turn off on my camera and I was bound and determined to get it turned off! I did...but it was about the time we were going by the last scene... I meant to ride it again later to enjoy it, but we never did. Maybe I'll ride it twice this time just to make up for it!

DisneyFr33k
11-08-2010, 05:19 PM
We rode Pirates of the Carr two weeks ago, and the cameras and cell phones didn't bother me as much as a family behind me. They were narrating the ENTIRE ride to their 4 year old - LOUDLY, and in a 4 year old's language.

"Look Sam, the pirates are sleeping with the piggie. Oh, and look, Sam at the fire - it isn't real fire because if it was, we would have to call the fireman. What do we do if we catch on fire, Sam? Yes, very good, stop, drop and roll. Look at the doggie, Sam. It looks like Aunt Marcia's doggie Buddy, doesn't it?" and on, and on..... I was so mad! :mad: But I kept it zipped.... barely! :zipped:

Belster
11-08-2010, 06:01 PM

I agree!! The glow of the phones is SOOOOO horrible.

The pictures do not bother me but if they did I would have no problem asking the people to please stop flashing...in a very nice way though.

Back to the phones and on another rant why the heck are so many people on the phone at WDW anyway!!

Daisy'sMom
11-08-2010, 07:25 PM
The thing is, rules are rules, they are put there for reason. I saw many guests breaking the rules last week with smoking being the number one being misused. Flash photography being second. It made me angry, no one is above the law, no one should be allowed to break the rules, especially when they infringe on others rights.:mickey:

mattandmandy
11-08-2010, 09:16 PM
We rode Pirates of the Carr two weeks ago, and the cameras and cell phones didn't bother me as much as a family behind me. They were narrating the ENTIRE ride to their 4 year old - LOUDLY, and in a 4 year old's language.

"Look Sam, the pirates are sleeping with the piggie. Oh, and look, Sam at the fire - it isn't real fire because if it was, we would have to call the fireman. What do we do if we catch on fire, Sam? Yes, very good, stop, drop and roll. Look at the doggie, Sam. It looks like Aunt Marcia's doggie Buddy, doesn't it?" and on, and on..... I was so mad! :mad: But I kept it zipped.... barely! :zipped:

Haha....I can not ride It's A Small World anymore without hearing "Look at her doing the hoochie coochie!!" A few years ago we were sitting in front of a grandma and her grandchild. She made annoying comments like that THE WHOLE ride in her load obnoxious voice! I think the "hoochie coochie" part was the little hula girls. Ugh....

I agree...that IS one of the most annoying things as well!

brivers222
11-09-2010, 07:20 AM
My biggest pet peeves in dark rides (far more than flashes or cell phones) are those stupid glow sticks and flashing necklaces.... Seriously, you're going to allow your kid to wear that around their neck the entire ride?

We all thought they would take it off in the stretch room of HM... nope the whole room stayed illuminated with a multicolored flashing light... luckily i let people pass me in the herd so i didn't have to be anywhere near that kid on the ride itself.

And those dumb flashing shoes.... really? those are like 20 years out of date!

WDWCrazyKaren
11-09-2010, 09:10 AM
I am really glad there are others who mentioned the glow of the video camera lighting. That completely ruined Fantasmic! for us last year. And when a show like that only plays once during the time that you are there, it really ticked me off. Maybe Disney should have a few rows of seating at Fantasmic! (or other shows) being the only rows you can sit in if you want to video the show.

On the flip side, I truly believe that these people (those who video) are not aware of how much it detracts from the experience of those around them. I think the folks who take the flash photos know EXACTLY how much it bothers others!

Buttercup
11-09-2010, 09:26 AM

Gotta agree with Ian on this one.
I never, ever, EVER take flash pictures on rides, but I have to say, if someone asked me before POTC (or any ride) if I was going to be taking flash pictures because they might take the next boat, my first thought would be "Holy, relax dude, don't sweat the small stuff..." but that's because I personally don't see the flashes as being a big deal. Sorry!

Buttercup
11-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Sorry... I guess my kids aren't as in fashion as yours must be. :(

rubato
11-09-2010, 10:14 AM
None of this stuff bothers me at all. I was so worried on our last trip. I had been reading about flashes, texting, parade etiquette, bus seats, strollers and scooters running into legs, etc...... Never had any issue with anything. Were people doing these things? Yes, of course they were. But I was on vacation and focused on my families faces instead.

lovinmesomedisney
11-09-2010, 10:20 AM
I realize it truly bothers some that people take flash photos. Honestly, it really doesn't bother me. I do have a camera that happens to take excellent photos without the flash, so I hardly ever use flash at Disney World. I think what some people on this board need to realize though, is that for some people, this is their first trip. I have had to tell relatives with me that there is no flash photography. None of them seem to mind turning off their flash after being told. They are just so excited when getting on a ride for the first time, they don't even hear the whole spiel the CM is saying. There are distractions such as getting your kids seated, and other things that prevent people from hearing the CM. Don't be so quick to judge people because they are trying to get pictures of their vacation. Sometimes, they aren't doing it purposely to annoy you, it is just because they are very excited and enjoying the moment.

Mickey'sIrishPAl
11-09-2010, 10:39 AM
My biggest pet peeves in dark rides (far more than flashes or cell phones) are those stupid glow sticks and flashing necklaces.... Seriously, you're going to allow your kid to wear that around their neck the entire ride?

Wow, that's a little harsh, no? Maybe parents buy those items for the pleasure and enjoyment of their children and not for your approval.

Stu29573
11-09-2010, 10:48 AM

Since I work in an elementary school I can say with 100% certainty that those "dumb flashing shoes" are back in..BIG time! I credit new super-bright LEDS...

c&d
11-10-2010, 09:50 AM
I did say something once during the ride. We were on PoTC and the person in front of me kept taking flash pictures. The problem was he kept missing things and turning around and taking pictures. I kept getting blinded by the flash, so after the 10th time, I politely reminded him that flash photography wasn't allowed and that his flash was really bothering me. He slunked down in his seat and didn't take a picture for the rest of the ride.

Usually I don't say anything, but this was driving me crazy.

Joannelet
11-10-2010, 09:57 AM
I think some people are being a little harsh about this.
If it's a dark ride and flash photography is not allowed then you CAN say something.
Saying something before you even get on a ride is a mute point. No one is going to say oh yeah I am going to be taking pictures.
If there is a show or a ride that allows for the video camera's with the lights on it...I'm sorry but you should either move your seat or just deal with it. These people have the right and payed to be there just as you did.
As far as the light up necklaces and shoes...really people? If these things bother you then maybe you should think twice about going on vacation where children may be.

ryca1dreams
11-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Well, I'm guilty of taking flash photography. How do you think I got my profile photo? However, I stopped when I took a flash photo in the "pirate attack" scene in POTC (where the ship is attacking the fortress). It was so bright and overwhelming I said to myself "oh, so this is why they tell you not to do this."

brivers222
11-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Wow, that's a little harsh, no? Maybe parents buy those items for the pleasure and enjoyment of their children and not for your approval.

perhaps the parents should have a little bit of respect (as they are adults supposedly) to make sure those flashing things are turned off during rides that are mainly taking place in the dark. There is no difference between those flashing things and a flash photography... well yes there is, they are CONSTANT!

I have no problems with them out in the open air during night time activities, but to have them flashing on rides like the HM or POTC... come on really?

Nothing screams awesome like trying to look down into the ballroom/table scene and see a rainbow of colors flashing off the glass. I would love to say i am the only one complaing about that (because i hate being in the majority) but everyone around that kid in the stretch room, line queue and then on the ride was yelling to turn off the distracting flighing lights.

I bought a camera for my enjoyment and entertainment... you don't see me flashing photography on dark rides... its called respecting others around you. Put them in a purse or fanny pack (i am sure those are coming back in style as those shoes appear to be lol) The kids can make it for 3mins without the use of them... if not, then i don't know what to say....sad, really.

and let me just clarify to all those jumping on me because I claimed those shoes are so 20 years ago... sorry to offend anyone...if your kid wears them... cool beans! I couldn't care less in normal everyday use, but to allow them to flash on dark rides, that is not cool. if you do then you have no right to complain about people taking flash photography or Texting on rides... same type of distraction.

The shoes themselves are fine, just have some respect for the 50 other people around you for a mere 5mins.

Sorry... I guess my kids aren't as in fashion as yours must be. :(
sorry didn't mean to offend... i don't have kids, but i did have a pair of them 28 years ago when i was 5.. cause they were "cool"

Buttercup
11-11-2010, 10:46 AM
and let me just clarify to all those jumping on me because I claimed those shoes are so 20 years ago... sorry to offend anyone...if your kid wears them... cool beans! I couldn't care less in normal everyday use, but to allow them to flash on dark rides, that is not cool. if you do then you have no right to complain about people taking flash photography or Texting on rides... same type of distraction.

The shoes themselves are fine, just have some respect for the 50 other people around you for a mere 5mins.

sorry didn't mean to offend... i don't have kids, but i did have a pair of them 28 years ago when i was 5.. cause they were "cool"
Okay I can understand those flashing parade twirly things that they sell - I can understand why you might not want those flashing during a ride like HM or POTC.
But the shoes? Really? Tell me how you can see the kids' shoes in the Doombuggy next to you flashing? Or in another row on POTC - you honestly get distracted by shoes, way down in the bottom of the boat? You don't want parents to "allow" their childrens' shoes to flash on the ride? They flash on their own, when the kid puts his feet down. It's not like it can be helped. I don't get it. :confused:

brivers222
11-11-2010, 10:58 AM
Okay I can understand those flashing parade twirly things that they sell - I can understand why you might not want those flashing during a ride like HM or POTC.
But the shoes? Really? Tell me how you can see the kids' shoes in the Doombuggy next to you flashing? Or in another row on POTC - you honestly get distracted by shoes, way down in the bottom of the boat? You don't want parents to "allow" their childrens' shoes to flash on the ride? They flash on their own, when the kid puts his feet down. It's not like it can be helped. I don't get it. :confused:

With the new fangled ones with those "new super-bright LEDS..." in the DB next to us you can see the reflections...especially in very dark parts of the ride. it would be something you would expect to see coming from a ride seat to hogwarts (magic flashing wands lighting up the area around you with color).

I have no idea about the shoes on POTC, i didn't actually want to specifiy which rides were worse with each item... i was mainly talking about HM where you are in close proximity to walls, plexiglass and holograms that all reflect light quite easily.

The biggest reason for the shoe lights was when were in mammoth caves and we went on the underground tour.... there was a portion of the cave where the tour guide instructed us to remain stil and don't allow any sort of light to happen (like cell phones and cameras and made an exclusive plea to the family with the kids who shoes lit up to hold him so they wouldnt flash) He was going to turn off the path lights and we were going to see exactly what 100% pitch black was like (this was the main attraction part listed all the way on the signs before you started) well all was good for about 4mins and then just as our eyes were trying to adjust this kid had a hissy fit and the mom put him down and the sudden bright lights hurt everyones eyes... thus ending the "experience"

but once again, in normal situations, i don't mind the flashy things...if i had kids I would buy up stuff for them too. However, I would also have the common courtesy to know that the flashing of the items might be annoying to many more around me for the length of the ride (in HM i consider once you are in the stretch room you are on the ride and no longer in the queue). Much like me not taking pictures on rides (the ones i did take in my album were taken when we were the only people on the ride... love the MNSSHP!!!)

ltjrrich
11-11-2010, 11:01 AM
If the people directly in front of you are taking flash photos, it can actually impair your eyesight with a temporary light blindness-- especially since people who are careless enough to take flash photos on dark rides are rarely kind enough to make sure they're not flashing right in your eyes.

Precisely...which is why it really bothers me that Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin now not only has ride pictures, but they force you to look directly into the blinding flash - not once, but several times as the vehicle slowly passes by Zurg. I can't go on the ride anymore! Those flashes give me a splitting headache. Why would anyone put those ride pictures on a slow-moving dark ride? Instead of putting them on thrill rides to see people looking scared/excited, are they hoping to tap into the market of people who want to see pictures of themselves sitting quietly looking confused and annoyed by the sudden bursts of horribly bright light? :confused:

brivers222
11-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Precisely...which is why it really bothers me that Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin now not only has ride pictures, but they force you to look directly into the blinding flash - not once, but several times as the vehicle slowly passes by Zurg. I can't go on the ride anymore! Those flashes give me a splitting headache. Why would anyone put those ride pictures on a slow-moving dark ride? Instead of putting them on thrill rides to see people looking scared/excited, are they hoping to tap into the market of people who want to see pictures of themselves sitting quietly looking confused and annoyed by the sudden bursts of horribly bright light? :confused:

lol yeah i thought that was a bit strange to have a ride photo on that ride as well. maybe they want to get peoples expressions as they try to compare who has the most amount of points.

lovinmesomedisney
11-11-2010, 03:33 PM
With the new fangled ones with those "new super-bright LEDS..." in the DB next to us you can see the reflections...especially in very dark parts of the ride. it would be something you would expect to see coming from a ride seat to hogwarts (magic flashing wands lighting up the area around you with color).

I have no idea about the shoes on POTC, i didn't actually want to specifiy which rides were worse with each item... i was mainly talking about HM where you are in close proximity to walls, plexiglass and holograms that all reflect light quite easily.

The biggest reason for the shoe lights was when were in mammoth caves and we went on the underground tour.... there was a portion of the cave where the tour guide instructed us to remain stil and don't allow any sort of light to happen (like cell phones and cameras and made an exclusive plea to the family with the kids who shoes lit up to hold him so they wouldnt flash) He was going to turn off the path lights and we were going to see exactly what 100% pitch black was like (this was the main attraction part listed all the way on the signs before you started) well all was good for about 4mins and then just as our eyes were trying to adjust this kid had a hissy fit and the mom put him down and the sudden bright lights hurt everyones eyes... thus ending the "experience"

but once again, in normal situations, i don't mind the flashy things...if i had kids I would buy up stuff for them too. However, I would also have the common courtesy to know that the flashing of the items might be annoying to many more around me for the length of the ride (in HM i consider once you are in the stretch room you are on the ride and no longer in the queue). Much like me not taking pictures on rides (the ones i did take in my album were taken when we were the only people on the ride... love the MNSSHP!!!)

WOW, it amazes me that ANYONE can get this riled up about a little flash on a ride. If I were this miserable about all the different issues that happen at Disney World, I wouldn't bother to go!

Mickey'sIrishPAl
11-11-2010, 03:42 PM
perhaps the parents should have a little bit of respect (as they are adults supposedly) to make sure those flashing things are turned off during rides that are mainly taking place in the dark. There is no difference between those flashing things and a flash photography... well yes there is, they are CONSTANT!

I have no problems with them out in the open air during night time activities, but to have them flashing on rides like the HM or POTC... come on really?

Nothing screams awesome like trying to look down into the ballroom/table scene and see a rainbow of colors flashing off the glass. I would love to say i am the only one complaing about that (because i hate being in the majority) but everyone around that kid in the stretch room, line queue and then on the ride was yelling to turn off the distracting flighing lights.

I bought a camera for my enjoyment and entertainment... you don't see me flashing photography on dark rides... its called respecting others around you. Put them in a purse or fanny pack (i am sure those are coming back in style as those shoes appear to be lol) The kids can make it for 3mins without the use of them... if not, then i don't know what to say....sad, really.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I think that if you feel that strongly about it, you may want to contact the powers that be in the Disney Corporation and express your displeasure and tell them that these items should not be worn on attractions because it takes away from your enjoyment.

If Disney will allow you to purchase these items in the parks and there are no signs or CMs telling you to turn them off, then there is not much at all you can do. I personally took the light necklace from my son before going on Space mountain or POTC but I would not be upset if someone else had it on during the ride. You have to remember that when you book your WDW vacation, that a good percentage of the park goers are CHILDREN. Knowing this, you have to accept that all day long, you will have to possibly tolerate children crying, not standing still in line, leaving a mess on and under the tables before you sit down to eat at a QS restaurant, wearing light up necklaces and bracelets and maybe wear those "20 year old, out of fashion shoes". I'm all about the Disney magic here too, but I know going in that I am here for the memories with my kids and to make them happy. But at the same time I am very considerate of others around me. I know that others in the parks have their own agenda so I have accepted that and will not let others dictate my pleasure or displeasure on my vacation with my family. Perhaps when you have children, you may understand. But I go back to, I can only control what my group does.

If a little thing like light up necklaces, light up shoes, and inconsiderate parents is such a big a deal, perhaps a more adult/ mature vacation spot is suitable for you rather than a child oriented theme park/resort.

brivers222
11-11-2010, 08:20 PM
WOW, it amazes me that ANYONE can get this riled up about a little flash on a ride. If I were this miserable about all the different issues that happen at Disney World, I wouldn't bother to go!
Miserable with all the issues that happen... ummm okay so complaining about people lighting up a ride that relies mainly on darkness is being miserable about ALL issues at disney?? Not quite sure how that is any different then the people above me complaining about a lowly little camera flash? lol is all i can really say... thats the ONE thing i have complained about my entire trip... if you read my trip reports you would notice that.... There are for more issues that arise at disney, the flashes of the necklaces are along the same lines as the flashes of the cameras (which they do sell cameras in the park as well)

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I think that if you feel that strongly about it, you may want to contact the powers that be in the Disney Corporation and express your displeasure and tell them that these items should not be worn on attractions because it takes away from your enjoyment.

If Disney will allow you to purchase these items in the parks and there are no signs or CMs telling you to turn them off, then there is not much at all you can do. I personally took the light necklace from my son before going on Space mountain or POTC but I would not be upset if someone else had it on during the ride. You have to remember that when you book your WDW vacation, that a good percentage of the park goers are CHILDREN. Knowing this, you have to accept that all day long, you will have to possibly tolerate children crying, not standing still in line, leaving a mess on and under the tables before you sit down to eat at a QS restaurant, wearing light up necklaces and bracelets and maybe wear those "20 year old, out of fashion shoes". I'm all about the Disney magic here too, but I know going in that I am here for the memories with my kids and to make them happy. But at the same time I am very considerate of others around me. I know that others in the parks have their own agenda so I have accepted that and will not let others dictate my pleasure or displeasure on my vacation with my family. Perhaps when you have children, you may understand. But I go back to, I can only control what my group does.

If a little thing like light up necklaces, light up shoes, and inconsiderate parents is such a big a deal, perhaps a more adult/ mature vacation spot is suitable for you rather than a child oriented theme park/resort.
wow you also blowing my statements way out of proportion....

I understand that many of the people attending the parks are kids, once again if you were to read my 9 day trip report you would see that i had almost complaints during the my trip that i made vocal (or even cared about for that matter)... other reports are filled with anger and hostility towards disney

HOWEVER, i did speak up about the light up necklaces because those were way more obnoxious then a little camera flash that is the BIG problem in this thread.

There are way to many people on here that complain about everything disney does... please by all means spare your breath on my one complaint and feel free to lecture them.

Also you have to accept that almost 90% of the people want to capture the memories of themselves and kids while in the park.... therefor flash photography will always happen... seems like others need to get over that as you are saying i have to get over the "kids" toys.

of course there is nothing you can do because it isn't against the rules wear those things on rides... same as there isn't any reason to complain about a parent talking in a kid voice to their kid the entire ride.... Its more about common courtesy than anything else.

and "thanks" for the kind reminder that if i really felt that strongly i could take it up with the disney organization... i really didn't have a clue that was an option. I wont waste my time writing them because frankly its not that big of a deal... I was voicing my opinion in line with the other complaints of man-made "lights" on the rides making it annoying.

Not planning on having kids... so i really don't think according to you i will ever understand :thumbsup:

BellesRose
11-11-2010, 09:20 PM
I think I'm the only person who goes to Disney and couldn't care less about lights, cell phones, or camera flashes! It just doesn't bother me. Not that I would do it, because I understand it does bother people, but if someone wants to take pictures or text on their phone or even wear Christmas lights around them, be my guest.

lovinmesomedisney
11-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Miserable with all the issues that happen... ummm okay so complaining about people lighting up a ride that relies mainly on darkness is being miserable about ALL issues at disney?? Not quite sure how that is any different then the people above me complaining about a lowly little camera flash? lol is all i can really say... thats the ONE thing i have complained about my entire trip... if you read my trip reports you would notice that.... There are for more issues that arise at disney, the flashes of the necklaces are along the same lines as the flashes of the cameras (which they do sell cameras in the park as well)

wow you also blowing my statements way out of proportion....

I understand that many of the people attending the parks are kids, once again if you were to read my 9 day trip report you would see that i had almost complaints during the my trip that i made vocal (or even cared about for that matter)... other reports are filled with anger and hostility towards disney

HOWEVER, i did speak up about the light up necklaces because those were way more obnoxious then a little camera flash that is the BIG problem in this thread.

There are way to many people on here that complain about everything disney does... please by all means spare your breath on my one complaint and feel free to lecture them.

Also you have to accept that almost 90% of the people want to capture the memories of themselves and kids while in the park.... therefor flash photography will always happen... seems like others need to get over that as you are saying i have to get over the "kids" toys.

of course there is nothing you can do because it isn't against the rules wear those things on rides... same as there isn't any reason to complain about a parent talking in a kid voice to their kid the entire ride.... Its more about common courtesy than anything else.

and "thanks" for the kind reminder that if i really felt that strongly i could take it up with the disney organization... i really didn't have a clue that was an option. I wont waste my time writing them because frankly its not that big of a deal... I was voicing my opinion in line with the other complaints of man-made "lights" on the rides making it annoying.

Not planning on having kids... so i really don't think according to you i will ever understand :thumbsup:

You also complained about the kids shoes that light up. It was more than ONE thing. I'm just thinking that if anything bothered me THAT much, I would probably avoid it all together. :twocents:

WDWCrazyKaren
11-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Oops! Didn't mean to get anyone riled up with the original post. I was just looking for a quiet, calm way of asking folks not to take flash photos on a dark ride! Sorry!

bostonsam
11-12-2010, 09:52 AM
I think I'm the only person who goes to Disney and couldn't care less about lights, cell phones, or camera flashes! It just doesn't bother me. Not that I would do it, because I understand it does bother people, but if someone wants to take pictures or text on their phone or even wear Christmas lights around them, be my guest.

:thumbsup:me too...heck we video record our time on the rides(so much fun to watch later;))

Mickey'sIrishPAl
11-12-2010, 11:48 AM

Thank you. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
11-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Moderator Warning--

This thread is getting sidetracked by sarcasm and bickering. Let's get back to respectful and friendly discussion please.

Joannelet
11-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Moderator Warning--

This thread is getting sidetracked by sarcasm and bickering. Let's get back to respectful and friendly discussion please.

Thank you! This thread was making my blood boil. :mad:
I don't want to see parents and children being disrespected on this site. There is nothing wrong with a child behaving like a child. That is not what the inital post was about.

So thank you for getting it back to the point at hand. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Using your flash on dark rides makes awful pictures....They should be using a higher shutter speed or using Shutter-Priority Mode, or S-Mode with NO flash. There are photography tips online for each of the dark rides. Remember pictures are allowed on most rides...just no flash photography.
If your experience is ruined on a ride due to flash photography when it is forbidden you may want to mention it to a CM. Depending on the ride they may allow you to ride again.

Most of all enjoy your vacation and time spent with family. Don't let silly things bother you when you are in Disney!

P.S. There are NO holograms in the HM. ;)

Mickey'sIrishPAl
11-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Moderator Warning--

Understood and my most sincere apologies to those on Intercot for getting off topic. Should not let the opinions of others get me upset. Thank you for putting an end to the garbage and know that I will stay on topic and avoid confrontational discussion in the future.

crltkcagle
11-18-2010, 08:17 PM
I haven't asked but a few times when people were using flashes my "stick to the rules" kids would turn around and say , They said NO flash Photography. I of course would tell my children not to be rude but they would defend themselves by saying those people are breaking the rules! I would tell my kids I know but we still have to be polite. LOL

Goes4FastPass
11-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Walt Disney World. particularly the theme parks of Walt Disney World are full full full of people. Full of people. Everywhere.

If I let everything that everybody does rankle me I would enjoy the trip less.

I too would usually be willing to wait for the "next boat" for a better experience that boat wll have 2 crying toddlers who should have had the nap that got missed or the smart teenager telling us how bored and unscared and too cool for kid things he is or or or...

If I let everything that everybody does rankle me I would enjoy the trip less.