PDA

View Full Version : Just got back

dtootsie42
11-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Had a nice 4 days at Disneyland....we got there on Tuesday the 2nd-left on Saturday the 6th. The parks were great...basically nobody was there on Tuesday and Wednesday...got a little busier on Thursday and Friday was even busier. We could walk on to the rides on Wednesday and Thursday...simply terrific.

My hubby and I had a terrific meal at Napa Rose...one of the best and then as a family we had a fabulous meal at Steakhouse 55 (we also had breakfast there one morning).

The only drawback was our stay at the Disneyland hotel. We got a terrific deal and we were really excited to be staying there. The first thing, we pull up to check in, unload our luggage and then drag it in while several bell service members watched us....not one asked if we needed any help. I won't get started on our housekeeping experience...the room was clean but I wondered why we had to call and get extra stuff like toilet paper and kleenex when they could see that we were low on both items. We had to do that several times.

Would I stay at the Disneyland hotel again? Not sure if I would. It would have to be a great deal in order for us to stay there again.

Dispite the let down of the hotel we really had a terrific time!

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand
Dec. 2009--Poly Concierge
Nov. 2010 Disneyland---Disneyland Hotel

2Epcot
11-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Sorry to hear you weren't happy with the service at the Disneyland Hotel, that can certainly take away from your visit, but glad you enjoyed Disneyland. I was just there recently with some out of town friends, and we really enjoyed the light crowds as well.

NotaGeek
11-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Sorry to hear about the service -- I hope you brought it to the attention of a manager -- at the rated they charge there's not a lot of room for accepting 2nd rate service!

faline
11-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Napa Rose is such an excellent restaurant! Glad you enjoyed it! The last time we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel was before it was revamped and we weren't impressed.

The crowd levels sound terrific!

dtootsie42
11-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Sorry to hear about the service -- I hope you brought it to the attention of a manager -- at the rated they charge there's not a lot of room for accepting 2nd rate service!

Yes, we did take the time to talk to a manager, however I don't think they were really listening, I almost got the impression that it just did not matter because they are in the middle of a rehab. My hubby suggested I sit down and write a letter because I was really unhappy with the hotel.

dtootsie42
11-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Napa Rose is such an excellent restaurant! Glad you enjoyed it! The last time we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel was before it was revamped and we weren't impressed.

The crowd levels sound terrific!

I can't begin to tell you how much we loved Napa Rose. I thought it was even better than Narcoossees at Disney World. I happen to love, love, love Narcoossees so for this to happen was such a surprise and such a wonderful treat!

pdrlkr
11-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon: