PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional Packages OOP?

Joy2theworld
11-07-2010, 04:19 PM
I am trying to figure out if it is better to pay for the processional dinner package out of pocket or with two entitlements. We have our reservation for Le Cellier, so, I believe it is $62.99 plus tax for each person. Originally, I was convinced oop would be best, but then when I thought about the cost with tax, two entitlements seems pretty reasonable. We will be there five nights and I have five reservations one of which is for the Plaza, so, it would make sense to pay for that one OOP if we didn't have any meals left. The other reservations are for Kona, Grand Floridian Cafe, and another Le Cellier meal.

Disney Hungarian
11-07-2010, 04:31 PM
From what I understand, the packages are for reserved seating. There is no cost for the show. If you want to stand in line and take a chance at first come first seated then it is free. If you want to have reserved seating then you can use the dining credits and the Plaza is a good restaurant for OOP. I suggest the Mushroom soup if it is available. :mickey:

Gator
11-07-2010, 06:05 PM
If you're already going to Le Cellier, I'd pick one of the restaraunts that only take 1 TS Credit, and save the other for one of the many other good places to eat at Epcot. In fact, if you did exactly that, you could use your extra TS credit for another trip to Le Cellier, which is only one credit when it's not for the processional.

Joy2theworld
11-07-2010, 08:12 PM
It is my understanding that unless you want to get there quite a long time before the shows that your chances of getting seats without the processional package are pretty pretty low. All of the packages, no matter which restaurant you choose, take 2 entitlements if you don't pay out of pocket. So, I'd be using two meals no matter which restaurant we selected for the package. I'd rather use 2 entitlements at Le Cellier than someplace like Biergarten, but I just don't know if it is worth using the dinner credits or if it is better to pay out of pocket for the package.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
11-09-2010, 01:14 PM
We are going thru the same thing. We booked a CP package at the only available restaraunt, the Coral Reef. We have 3 little ones so we can't risk hoping that we get into the show. I've been there and have seen people stand in line during the entire 2nd show, because they didn't get in, just to get seated at the 3rd show. It is extremely popular and people line up well in advance for seating.

My guess is that if you really crunched the numbers, monetarily it would be a better value to pay OOP, but probably not by much. As one poster said, the show doesn't cost anything, but the package guarantees you a seat, plus prefered viewing for illuminations.

My feeling is that you get so much food that by using 2 entitlements for one night that it allows us to eat a little lighter another night, or simply use some CS for dinner instead of a TS. Plus, with so many people down there on free dining, I'm not finding ADRs that are "must have", so using an extra TS entitlement doesn't seem like that much of a loss.

If you are wanting to experience as many restaraunts as possilbe, then you are probably better off paying oop and saving the two TS for another night. Infact, by paying oop that frees up a TS, which would allow you to book at a normal 2TS signature restaraunt.

But for us, it seems to make more sense to simply use the 2TS and go light another night. With 5 of us, I just don't like the idea of paying close to $200 oop.