PDA

View Full Version : cedar point

goofyfan4466
11-07-2010, 09:02 AM
my family does not want to go to disney in 2011. do you believe it ? i can't ! anyway , they are talking about going to cedar point instead. so , i am looking for all things cedar point. the good , bad and the ugly. please share any and all info. please. i need to try and put a plan together for our drive to ohio. also , is there other things to do in and around sandusky ,ohio ? and how far is it from niagara falls ,canadian side ? thanks for any info. good or bad.

CleveSJM
11-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Hi GF!

I live around Cleveland so I've been to CP a lot of times. It is great as a roller coaster park. It is ok as a little kids park. It's a little dirtier than WDW, hotter (more asphalt, less landscape), louder (more teens, early 20's), smokier (not sure the rule but plenty just walking and smoking), and smaller. Lots of rollercoaster but not much theming. A little "Snoopy" land but that's about it.

They have a couple on site hotels that give you some benefits like early entry. Check out their website for more info. You might want to search on "Cedar Point Breakers." That's the classic hotel. Don't expect Disney detail though, it's nice but not Disney nice.

Let's see, from near Philly, eh? You probably hit Hersey a lot so that's probably not a big "along the way" type thing. Niagara Falls is about 4 hours away. Canadian side is the best. Cross at the
Peace Bridge near Buffalo.

Cleveland is close. The zoo is nice. Koala's are a highlight. Might time an Indians game in there. Maybe the Phillies will be in town next year. Michael Symon, Iron Chef, has some great restaurants around Cleveland if you are a foodie.

Charter walleye fishing is fun on Lake Erie and is close to Sandusky. Middle Bass Island is accessible by ferry and has a National Monument and some decent restaurants.

If I think of anything else, I'll repost.

Mary Chase
11-07-2010, 12:41 PM
I live about an hour away from Cedar Point and I will agree, it's a great coaster park. They've done more with the kiddie area in recent years, but still quite a bit that the little ones can't do overall - so we don't visit that often. I'll agree also - it is dirtier than WDW - I've grown up going to Cedar Point and only really noticed this part once I'd been to Disney as an adult. I noticed the smoking a lot there also - which bothers me a lot. There are several indoor water park resorts in Sandusky - our favorite is Kalahari. Agree with previous post - Canadian side of the falls is the best.