PDA

View Full Version : If I do a "split trip", can I do EMH for the whole trip?

frozman
11-07-2010, 01:07 AM
I was looking at another Disney park guide website and saw information about something Disneyland used to offer called "Enhanced Fastpasses"if you buy from a certain travel agency, AND stay at an on site Disney hotel. It mentioned that since the Disneyland hotels were so expensive (remember, they are on par with the deluxes at WDW), many people would do "split trips"--where they book 2 nights at one of the Disney hotels and then do the rest of their trip off site, but buy park tickets good for 5 days, and they'd get that benefit for the whole trip.
Would this work for EMH at Disney World? I'm wondering if I booked a Hotel+Ticket package through Disney for, say, 1-2 nights at one of their hotels along with a 5 day park hopper, and then stayed at an offsite hotel for the remainder of the trip, would I be able to use EMH all 5 days? I seem to remember our room key was also our ticket on my last visit, but it was personalized and we got to keep it, so we didn't turn it in upon check out, and we needed it for our last day at the park anyway.

gerald72
11-07-2010, 01:36 AM
But your room key has your departure date on it.
If you booked a room for 2 nights, you could take advantage of EMH on your arrival day, the middle day, and the departure day- 3 days of EMH. Regardless of the amount of admission days you purchase.

frozman
11-07-2010, 01:39 AM
Ah, ok thanks. I didn't know they had that on there. Mind you I haven't been to WDW since 2006 so it's kind of hard to remember the small details like that. Still something to consider though, if the 3 EMH's that I find most appealing fall back to back to back.

faline
11-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Extra Magic hours are only for those guests who are currently staying in one of the participating hotels.

Gator
11-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Also, the hotels at WDW really aren't priced out of range like they are in Anaheim. You can stay at a Moderate WDW resort for less than the third-tier hotel, Paradise Pier at Disneyland. Unless someone's giving you another hotel stay for free, I really don't see a value of going offsite.

Mrs Bus Driver
11-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Not only are there moderates, but values to. Also when you stay off site, if you are in your own vehicle you now pay for parking. If you don't have your own car then you have to pay for transportation or rely on shuttles from the hotel/motel you are staying at. I ran the numbers on these things before my first trip to WDW and there were not enough savings to justify it. As a matter of fact I saved money by staying on-site. Hope this helps :mickey: