PDA

View Full Version : Old Folks Ride HP

shellyc
11-06-2010, 09:04 PM
We went to Universal Islands of Adventure on Wed Oct 27th. We had a attraction assistance pass, so we went thru the alternative line. We were seated quickly, but DH could not get the harness down. He panicked, so all four of us on the chair had to exit quickly. We were ushered down a cooridor, and back to an alternative entrance to get on the chair with the larger seat. DH was comfortable, and even the single rider with us came with us to the alternative seats. The ride was very intense. I sat back in the chair, and did not have any problems with my eyeglasses. We are glad we experienced this. The special effects are amazing.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/Shoes99/2010%20Oct%20Convention%20Halloween/100_0908-1.jpg

buzznwoodysmom
11-06-2010, 10:53 PM
We rode this for the first time on Sat. Oct. 30, and loved it. Its a very well done ride. We actually rode it twice that day, my boys would have gone on it again and again, but we'd never been to Islands of Adventure so we wanted to also check out the rest of the park. My oldest is not a thrill ride kid at all, he hates TOT, RNRC, Everest, and even Space Mt. sometimes, but this ride he loved.

NJGIRL
11-09-2010, 09:49 AM
We loved the ride also. There is nothing else like it. The theming was great and I think this ride will have appeal for a long time.

Disneymom4ever
11-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Will be there Saturday, so excited to ride this, and see the new land! DH is VERY prone to motion sickness, so just hoping he's ok with this ride. :mickey:

NJGIRL
11-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Will be there Saturday, so excited to ride this, and see the new land! DH is VERY prone to motion sickness, so just hoping he's ok with this ride. :mickey:

We were told by some people that this ride would give us motion sickness. Even though none of us get motion sickness very easily I didn't want to ruin the rest of our day so an hour before the ride we all took dramamine. After riding, to tell you the truth, I really don't think we needed it. If you are worried about your husband have him take a pill in advance.