PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Dining

Joe, Sue and Joey
11-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Has anybody eaten at Obamas at the Animal Kingdom Hotel?? How was it?
Thanks.

Gator
11-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Obama's?!?! Hahahaha. You mean Boma's, right? That was too funny.

The food at Boma's is great, although alot of dishes are curry dishes. I tasted that stuff for 2 days after I ate it. But for the most part, it was really good. The zebra domes desert were especially good.

cer
11-05-2010, 04:39 PM
We do not care for Boma, but it is a beautiful restaurant and AKL is just amazing. Just could not get excited about the food. We tried it twice.

That being said, you will find a lot of fans of Boma and my opinion should not keep you from trying it and deciding for yourself. :mickey:

Brettracie
11-05-2010, 04:48 PM
This is my favorite restaurant anywhere! Both for breakfast and dinner. The food is amazing and there are so many choices. For the breakfast meal our favorite waiters are Chai and Albert. They have been there for years and are so friendly. They remember us every year!

AnnaMom
11-05-2010, 05:09 PM
We really enjoy the food at Boma's! They have a really good Mushroom Soup! And totally agree on the zebra domes desert wish I had one now!

mainemajor
11-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Love it. We have found a lot of different foods that meet everyones likes. Atmosphere is fun, too. We try and go there on each trip.

IloveDisney71
11-05-2010, 10:35 PM
My family has only eaten at Boma's once but we loved it and will definitely be eating there again one day. We loved the soups - there was a yummy butternut squash soup. We also enjoyed the the zebra domes and there was some sort of pineapple upside down cheesecake (or something like that) that was really good. It's been a few years so I can't remember exactly what it was. There is such a large variety of food that you're sure to find something you like and the servers behind the buffet are very helpful if you have questions about any of the food items. :thumbsup:

faline
11-06-2010, 05:08 PM
To be honest, I'm not a big fan of buffets. That said, we've eaten there a few times(both breakfast and dinner) and have always left with full and satisfied tummies.

Niecyboo
11-06-2010, 11:22 PM
This is one of our favorites. In fact, I think the butternut squash soup (which is not served every night, though) is my absolute favorite food at Disney. I also love the Cassava Cake. It's not mentioned often, but is wonderful.

Tinkerfreak
11-07-2010, 07:22 AM
This is our families favorite restuarant in WDW. My husbands favorite anywhere. We always go more than once on every trip. There is such a big selection that it is easy to find lots of things you like.

Silver_Surfer
11-08-2010, 12:36 PM
What kind of food choices/style is there?

Off topic, Sorry! Anyone try the Rainforest Cafe( Animal Kingdom?)

faline
11-08-2010, 12:51 PM
What kind of food choices/style is there?

Off topic, Sorry! Anyone try the Rainforest Cafe( Animal Kingdom?)

From Info Central;

Boma
Animal Kingdom Lodge

Boma means 'place of refuge'- fas - family style. A wood burning grill and exhibit kitchen add to the marketplace decor.
Breakfast Specialties: African Fru-nch (a combination of lemonade, pineapple juice, guava juice, orange juice, and papaya juice). Brioche (French toast, with raisins), Waffles, Moroccan Lamb Sausage & Rotisserie pork loin.
Dinner Specialties: African Breads, Watermelon Rind Salad, Smoked Tomato Soup, Pap, Sweet Potato Pancakes, Coconut Seafood Stew, Couscous Marrakech.

I've eaten a Rain Forest Cafe a few times. It's a chain restaurant. In fact, there's one in my local area. I find it to be a bit overpriced and noisy. In fact, some younger kids find the simulated thunder storms that occur every 15-20 minutes frightening. The animatronic animals are fun to look at and it's worth eating at - at least once.

ginger19
11-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Boma was always a favorite of ours but our last time was so disappointing that we haven't gone back. We had to wait well over 10 minutes any time we wanted to get in the line for the carving stations and the buffet was not well kept up. The food is great but we did find the other parts enough to keep us away.

LandFan
11-08-2010, 06:23 PM
I also love the Cassava Cake. It's not mentioned often, but is wonderful.

Me too! I don't hear it mentioned much either but I love it :blush:

Joannelet
11-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Are the White House chefs there?

LOL sorry :blush:

snowflakegirl
11-10-2010, 12:30 PM
One of my all time favorite places to eat on Disney property is Boma! The soups are incredible, I love the mango vinagrette salad dressing, the deserts can keep me eating far past the point of being full....the main dishes are great. And getting to check out the very beautiful lodge is definitely a perk. I took my boyfriend to Disney World for the first time in August and he made me promise that we would eat there *at least* once every trip from now on.

MyDisneyworld
11-10-2010, 01:53 PM
We have had dinner here a few times and really enjoy it. Has a huge selection of foods that should make everyone happy. I tend to just get a little sample of everything the first trip up to see what I like and not waste anything then go load up on my favorites. Our kids really enjoyed it also as they had lots to try.

PaGirl1
11-10-2010, 02:45 PM
I thought Boma's was good, there was a nice variety and I enjoyed trying the different options. My husband and I just ate at Jiko in Oct. It was fabulous! On the $$$ side but it was well worth it.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-10-2010, 04:16 PM
We ate at Boma's once and are also in the majority in that we thought it was just okay, not great....lots of curry dishes and dishes with cinnamin

LudwigVonDrake
11-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Boma :laughing:

TheRustyScupper
11-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Has anybody eaten at Obamas at the Animal Kingdom Hotel??

Yes, we have. We found the whole buffet interesting.
Facing the buffet:

1) Left Side
. . . extreme items, not paid for
2) Center
. . . solid items, with thought and good execution
3) Right Side
. . . conservative items, good comfort items
4) Caution Note
. . . the chef is taking customer opinion surveys
. . . all items are up for negotiation
. . . as the chef will bend with public opinion

DizneyRox
11-14-2010, 08:47 PM
I had to read that twice; it was even funnier the second time...

Disney Hungarian
11-14-2010, 10:59 PM
Yes, we have. We found the whole buffet interesting.
Facing the buffet:

1) Left Side
. . . extreme items, not paid for
2) Center
. . . solid items, with thought and good execution
3) Right Side
. . . conservative items, good comfort items
4) Caution Note
. . . the chef is taking customer opinion surveys
. . . all items are up for negotiation
. . . as the chef will bend with public opinionNagyon vicces! (very funny!):thumbsup:

jonahbear2006
11-15-2010, 01:07 AM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:Big buffet person here. I love signatures and fancy food but the reason why buffets are such a big hit with our family is that my husband is a meatatarian and I am a vegetarian. We have a daughter who is a bland eater only (very picky) and another daughter who wants to try everything under the sun....soooooo, It works out wonderfully to do buffets...on that note, Boma is scary the first time because you dont know what to expect but heres the thing, if you dont care for the african food, there is sooo many american platters that you can fall back on, plus a fabulous salad and fruit bar and a glorious dessert bar that you will never care that you missed out on the few crazy things they have to offer.