PDA

View Full Version : Kona Cafe.... what is your favorite?

Disney4us2
11-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Our first meal is dinner at Kona Cafe,

What is your favorite meal for dinner, for one adult and one and one 10 yo?

This will be OOP.... can my 10yoDD still order off of the kids menu if she doesn't like the adult type meals? She is an adventurous eater...most of the time.

John
11-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Anything from the sushi bar :)

Also love the crab balls and pot stickers there and of course anything on the desert menu.

The seared Ahi Tuna is also very tasty.

ElenitaB
11-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Last time we were there (two years ago), I was partial to the sticky wings appetizer and the chocolate fondue for dessert. Their creme brulée (chocolate banana) has always been good. The next time we go, I think I'll just stick to an appetizer and dessert which is why I mention them together.

I normally get the shrimp and scallops entree but our previous visit the dish was a fail. So this time I chose the pomegranate pork chop which was very good (but I ended up not eating a third of it because it was pink! Portion control, I guess). If you like sushi, you can get it here. I used to really like their crab cakes and they do have a following.

My son (a bit older than yours when we went) had a smoothie (of course), the Pan Asian noodles and the ice cream cone they used to do (I don't see it on the menu anymore) that was an upside icecream cone on the plate surrounded by clouds of cotton candy. The ultimate sugar rush!

LandFan
11-05-2010, 07:45 AM
Their teriyaki steak is VERY good! The kiddie kones were great : ) My friend and her daughter make the steake and the kones every once in a while at home (exactly to the specs... melted chocolate, cotton candy and everything).:cloud9:

Mousehead35
11-05-2010, 07:55 AM
The tuna oscar is my fav!!!

cer
11-05-2010, 08:17 AM
Their teriyaki steak is VERY good!

I read somewhere that Kona does anything teriyaki well. While I have only been there once, I had the teriyaki steak and it was delicious! :thumbsup:

I'm so hungry.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
11-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Our first meal is dinner at Kona Cafe

This will be OOP.... can my 10yoDD still order off of the kids menu if she doesn't like the adult type meals? She is an adventurous eater...most of the time.

I think as long as you are paying out of pocket, that a 10 year old can still order off of the kids menu, just as any adult can. If you are on the Disney Dining Plan, that's when they require any child ages 3-9 to eat off of the kids menu when available.

We hope to eat at Kona Cafe one night on our upcoming trip, the first time eating there, so this is a very timely post. Already my mouth is watering over the Terryaki Steak!:D

BriarRose0708
11-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Sorry this won't be particularly helpful to you, but I've only been to Kona for breakfast and LOVE it! I hope you have a chance, if you haven't already, to eat breakfast if not for just to Kona press pot alone:cloud9:

After reading the glowing dinner reviews it sounds like you can't really go wrong here if you're a fan of Asian and pan-Asian cuisine. Bon Appetite!

MyDisneyworld
11-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Steak is really good and the sushi is just ok. We love breakfast here better because of the tonga toast but then we discovered it was at the counter service there for half the price so we go there now. Enjoy.

Katzateer
11-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Breakfast is my favorite but I have never been disappointed in any meal at my FAVORITE place to eat at WDW (next to California Grill). The desserts are the best but I force :) myself to order something before dessert.

If you love pineapple order a serving just by itself-they have the BEST pineapple I have ever tasted. I get that and share and order a sandwich or salad and dessert.

I think we have a seating time 4 times during our week visit in December - can't get enough of the place.:thumbsup::cloud9:

buzznwoodysmom
11-10-2010, 10:02 PM
We ate here for dinner for the first time last Nov. We had eaten breakfast before and loved it. EVERYTHING we ordered was amazing. There were 5 of us, three adults and two children. I had the teriyaki steak and it was excellent. I don't recall what everyone had, but it was all good, probably our best meal of the trip. i do remember we ordered an appitizer, entrees, and desserts, just not sure what they all were. We have an ADR booked here in March and we are so looking forward to it.

Yes, if you are paying out of pocket you can order whatever you want. I sometimes order off the kids menu for myself if I'm not that hungry, and we've never been told no.

Mousemates
11-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Sticky wings are a must at Kona.

LandFan
11-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Sticky wings are a must at Kona.

yes, however, they also have those available for order in the Tambu Lounge right next to O'hana's so you can get those anytime you need a break from the parks :D

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-13-2010, 07:01 PM
All 3 times I've eaten there I've gotten the pomegranate pork chop. Mine wasn't pink though. It was fantastic.