PDA

View Full Version : Evening EMH at Animal Kingdom

jensantuit
11-04-2010, 09:29 PM
We are planning out our itinerary for our upcoming December trip. I noticed looking at the calendar that Animal Kingdom has extra magic hours in the evening. We have never been to Animal Kingdom at night and were wondering what this park is like at night in December. I did see a list of attractions that were open but I was wondering are all of these attractions open in the evening in December seeing that it gets dark earlier :confused: and the hours are until 9:00. Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

WDWdriver
11-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Any attractions involving live animals will not be open after dark. So Kilimanjaro Safaris, Pangani Forest Trail, Maharajah Jungle Trek and Rafiki's Planet Watch will not be available. This means that the Africa section of the park is not open.

Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids will be open in Asia. In Dinoland you can ride Triceratops Spin, Primeval Whirl, and Dinosaur.

The Tough to be a Bug 3D show will be open.

There will be an extra showing of Finding Nemo and The Lion King stage shows.

And, of course, the park is beautifully lit after dark, with Expedition Everest towering over everything.

Pirate Granny
11-04-2010, 11:08 PM
It's so beautiful there at night...although I prefer EE in the daylight

Melanie
11-04-2010, 11:41 PM
although I prefer EE in the daylight

I was actually looking for opinions on that. I love Big Thunder at night, and was thinking it would be a similar feel on EE. Not for you?

We must make it a point of trying to get over to AK during the next few months for a EMH night. I really want to do this now.

Melanie
11-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Any attractions involving live animals will not be open after dark. So Kilimanjaro Safaris, Pangani Forest Trail, Maharajah Jungle Trek and Rafiki's Planet Watch will not be available. This means that the Africa section of the park is not open.

Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids will be open in Asia. In Dinoland you can ride Triceratops Spin, Primeval Whirl, and Dinosaur.

The Tough to be a Bug 3D show will be open.

There will be an extra showing of Finding Nemo and The Lion King stage shows.

And, of course, the park is beautifully lit after dark, with Expedition Everest towering over everything.

Thanks for the info on this Ron. We were discussing just this on the INTERCOT Insider Live podcast tonight, and didn't realize they add a showing of both Nemo and the Lion King. That's good to know.

lynnek
11-05-2010, 06:42 AM
Thanks for the info on this!! We will be going to EMH at AK the first night we get in. An added question--how much time should I allow from AK to Sanaa to be on time for an 8:00 ADR? We will have a car.

MickeysBestPal
11-05-2010, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the info on this Ron. We were discussing just this on the INTERCOT Insider Live podcast tonight, and didn't realize they add a showing of both Nemo and the Lion King. That's good to know.

They rarely offer a performance of Nemo Musical during EMH.

It can happen, but only in the busiest of times.

Also, beginning this Spring,(March 2011) it looks like DAK will cease to offer PM EMH,
at least for the months that have been posted, so far.
It may come back, but, who knows?

disneymom15
11-05-2010, 09:28 AM
One thing I wanted to add. When it starts getting dark, the birds land and perch in the trees. We thought it was really neat. Something I've never seen in the other parks.

mickeyman42
11-05-2010, 11:11 AM
We were discussing just this on the INTERCOT Insider Live podcast tonight

Does this mean we can expect the new episode soon? :fingers::mickey:

not that it matters I guess, I'll listen right away and still have to wait for the next one! I just cant get enough of them. I've actually listened to the first 3 a few times now.

Zawadi
11-05-2010, 04:10 PM
The Animal Kingdom presents itself in a different dimension at night especially around Asia.

Here's a picture of Expedition Everest (http://www.flickr.com/photos/35884144@N07/5148913131/) at night with the moon behind it.

Gator
11-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Honestly, the trail to Tough to be a Bug 3D show is kinda a freaky at night. It's so dark and the path is dimly lit, with the high foliage all around. I always liked it at night though.

elmjimmlm
11-05-2010, 11:47 PM
Night is the best in AK...I would rather there after dark then in the day...It is a totally different place...:mickey:

LVT
11-06-2010, 07:16 AM
Sounds nice. Please report back. I just read on a rumor mill site that they were dropping evening EMH at AK as of next FEB. I hope it was just for Feb slow time.
EE at dusk sounds cool. The queue is already great.

TinkerbellsMom
11-06-2010, 08:55 AM
AK extra evening hours are our favorite! The park is absolutely beautiful, relaxing, and has a peaceful feeling at night. We've find the open rides to be small lines or walk-ons. My DH & DD rode EE 7 times in a row last May. They thought it was cool to see the difference between riding EE in the morning, then at dusk, and in the dark. Also, Dinasour (cant spell this morning) seems more intense when you get off the ride and go back into a dark park.

Enjoy!!

jensantuit
11-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Thanks everyone for your help. We are definitely excited about going at night, especially now since we have heard such good things about it. :mickey:

grumpypima
11-09-2010, 03:50 PM
AK is beautiful at night!!! We were there in July and I cannot get over how magical it was...really!
I probably can't do it justice in my short description but here goes...it was July and it was hot!! But somehow after the sun went down it was enjoyable. The smells from the different restaurants floated over the humid night air. The park lighting is deem, yes maybe spooky but in a cool way, I’ll go with animalistic way!
I’ve never been to Africa or Asia but I could easily image that I was in a small African village and maybe a hungry tiger was watching me, ready to pounce…okay I re-read some of my long winded post and deleted most…it been a long day at work and I’m getting a little carried away:blush:

Animal Kingdom is soooo cool at night!! I hope they don’t do away with the EMH at night! :number1:

Kathy Jetson
11-09-2010, 08:18 PM
One thing I wanted to add. When it starts getting dark, the birds land and perch in the trees. We thought it was really neat. Something I've never seen in the other parks.

We saw this last month at dusk you could see them all flying onto the trees it was great.:mickey:

snowflakegirl
11-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the info on this!! We will be going to EMH at AK the first night we get in. An added question--how much time should I allow from AK to Sanaa to be on time for an 8:00 ADR? We will have a car.

I can't be exact because I didn't have my car when we were there in August, but the enterance to the Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House and Kidani Village is basically right across the street from the park, it's just a quick turn down the road. i don't think it took us more than 10/15 minutes from the park to the lodge by bus.

lynnek
11-10-2010, 12:20 PM
10-15 minutes to Sanaa from AK--cool! I think we'll be able to take advantage of the EMH. I have purchased 7 day as opposed to 6 day passes with the hope we could do this. The difference in price was minimal.