PDA

View Full Version : existing reservation and new pin code

FenwayGirl
11-04-2010, 11:57 AM
I made reservations a few weeks ago. I recieved a pin code today that is for the same time as my reservation. It would allow me to upgrade for the same price as the reservation I now have. My question is, does Disney allow you to add pin codes to existing reservations? I made the reservations through magical journeys, so the WDW rep RUDELY told me I had to contact my travel company. I emailed this am, but no reply yet...I would love to take advantage of this opportunity.

White Rose
11-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Actually, I know because my MJ rep Kathy emailed all her clients earlier this week, a large majority of the reps are going to be out of town for training starting today, through the 14th. Do you know who your rep is? It might just take a little bit of time for them to get back. If they are one of the ones who's going to be out of town, I know Kathy listed Melissa as a contact for her.

Also, your rep should have a phone number listed on their signature from emails. I would try calling that, as well. From my understanding, PIN codes can be applied to existing reservations, so this is something MJ should be able to take care of for you, barring any stipulations, etc.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
11-04-2010, 12:26 PM
At the other poster mentioned, MJ emailed their clients that many, including my rep, will be out of the office 11/4-14th, but there should still be back up. It just may take a little longer to get responses, especially if it is a non emergency.

Everything that I've seen and heard is that MJ can go back and apply PIN Codes to existing reservations. But there is a big Caveat. The Pin Codes are not carte blanche discounts, usually only so many discounts are allowed per resort. So it's possible that your current reservation may not be eligible under the pin code, or you might have to switch resorts to take advantage of it.

The other caveat is that Disney does not allow the stacking of discounts. If you are already down there on say a free dining plan discount, they won't let you stack another discount such as a free upgrade on top of it.

If your current reservation is at full rack rates, and there is availability at your current resort under the pin code guidelines, then MJ should be able to modify your current reservations.

Good luck.

FenwayGirl
11-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the update. Actually just got an email from my rep...She was able to get me the pin code discount. We thought of upgrading, but decided to take the savings instead as we like to spend, spend, spend at the world

HeadFairyInCharge
11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
The other caveat is that Disney does not allow the stacking of discounts. If you are already down there on say a free dining plan discount, they won't let you stack another discount such as a free upgrade on top of it.

If your current reservation is at full rack rates, and there is availability at your current resort under the pin code guidelines, then MJ should be able to modify your current reservations.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

SO IF I HAVE AN EXISTING RESERVATION WITH FREE DINING OFFER.... the pin code for 25% off Grand Floridian is not allowed to be applied also ??? We leave in 11 days I certainly wish I could get the extra discount but not familiar on how this works...the PIN CODE brochure doesn't tell you if you have existing reservations how to use it ?

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-04-2010, 12:49 PM
SO IF I HAVE AN EXISTING RESERVATION WITH FREE DINING OFFER.... the pin code for 25% off Grand Floridian is not allowed to be applied also ??? We leave in 11 days I certainly wish I could get the extra discount but not familiar on how this works...the PIN CODE brochure doesn't tell you if you have existing reservations how to use it ?

Exactly. You can only have one discount at a time. So, it is either free dining Or the 25% room offer. You (or MJ, if you booked through them) have to do the number crunching to see what it best.

But, if you're leaving in 11 days, you're probably "stuck" with what you have, since there are penalties for cancelling and changing reservations so close to the date.

PopPhan
11-04-2010, 12:50 PM

That is correct. If you have an existing reservation with ANY discount/offer you will need to either give up the existing discount and change to the new offer, or keep what you already have.

Depending upon how you booked - Disney CRO, or TA - you will need to go through the same agency.

Tink1
11-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Actually, I know because my MJ rep Kathy emailed all her clients earlier this week, a large majority of the reps are going to be out of town for training starting today, through the 14th. Do you know who your rep is? It might just take a little bit of time for them to get back. If they are one of the ones who's going to be out of town, I know Kathy listed Melissa as a contact for her.

Yep, some of us will be away. BUT! Every agent has a back up contact when they are away, all you have to do is email your regular agent and you should get an auto reply on who to contact, or the covering agent will be accessing the regular agents email to reply.

You are never, ever left high and dry when we are gone. You can also always email the [email protected] address to contact me if you think your having an email issue. (we often end up in SPAM which is why we need a valid phone number as well)

Nanc