PDA

View Full Version : Reservations

WIMickeymommy
11-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Hi all,

I am back on Intercot after a short break. :) I so love reading all the questions and reviews.

Our family is planning on heading back to the World in February 2012. We are now a family of 6. DH, Me, DS 7, DS 4, DS 7 months and DD 7 months (twins). We want to get ajoining rooms at Pop Century to give us room to manuver with 4 young kiddos. Plus, my parents may join us for part of the trip. When do you recommend we make the room reservations so we can get adjoinging rooms in a preferred building at Pop? I was thinking this February, but am wondering if I should do it sooner.

Any advice is much appreciated.

BugeyedMuggy
11-04-2010, 09:39 AM
The other side of Pop is scheduled to be ready early 2012 so maybe the suites will be ready. You can make your ressies as early as you want or I should say can but can only request connecting rooms. There is a difference between adjoining & connecting rooms. We have found the earlier you check in that day the easier it is to get your room request. And BTW welcome back.

Grumpy.
11-04-2010, 09:49 AM
As far as I know, they can never guarantee adjoining rooms, or any room/building preferences. Doesn't matter when you make your reservation. I believe a resort doesn't even look at your reservation until at max 10 days out.
That said, I'm in the same boat as you, 6 of us and we request adjoining rooms at POP. When we went last year we received the adjoining rooms and our reservations were made only 4 months out. I've read here on Intercot that when it comes to families such as ours, Disney does their absolute best to keep them together. I've never heard/read of any family being seperated. I wouldn't sweat it too much, I'm sure they'll accomodate you.

CleveRocks
11-05-2010, 05:38 AM
You got good advice in the above posts.

Please make sure to pay attention to the Disney lingo about "connecting" versus "adjoining" ... you want connecting.

Yeh, it makes no difference when you make the reservation about whether or not your two rooms will be connecting. Connecting rooms isn't a booking category, it's a request. And Disney doesn't grant requests based on seniority of when the reservation was made.

faline
11-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Please make sure to pay attention to the Disney lingo about "connecting" versus "adjoining" ... you want connecting.

Connecting means you will have a door inside your room that will open to the room next to it.

Adjoining means your rooms are next to each other but you will need to exit your room to get to the exterior door of the next room.

Scrappy2
11-05-2010, 12:04 PM
We are a family of 6 as well and have booked connecting rooms each time. We have never had a problem. They really work with families with young children to get connecting rooms. You should not have a problem. Enjoy your trip!!

eandrsmom
11-09-2010, 01:42 PM
We have never had a problem getting connecting rooms. In fact, our reservationist told us that Disney will not split up a family with two adults. We have guaranteed connecting rooms for our next trip. I don't know if they will still guarantee connecting rooms with 4 adults, but you can always request it when making your reservation.