PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom Christmas Program

MickyLuver
11-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Hello,

I was told that WDW allows people to register for free tickets to Magic Kingdom for the Christmas Program taped for Christmas day. Would anyone happen to know where on the website we can register or is this by invitation only? I live in Orlando and would love to take some kids without passes.

Thanks

Joannelet
11-03-2010, 08:29 PM
This is a good question. Last year I registered and recieved the free tickets. I do remember I got an email that told me where to go and register for it. I still have some of the tickets (as I didn't use them all) and it doesn't say the website it came from.....it could have came from either ABC (I recieve emails from the company), Disney, or Disney Visa.
I'm not sure which one. I got it sometime in November in my inbox. Maybe someone else will come along and maybe they will remember where it actually came from.....
In the meantime I will go back into my emails and see if I have it from last November. If I find it I will let you know.

11-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Probably came from ABC as this is primarily an ABC funded event.

PopPhan
11-04-2010, 07:57 AM
In prior years, AP and DVC got first dibs on the Parade Filming Tickets, and they almost immediately were gone.

NASCARVW
11-04-2010, 11:55 AM
I haven't seen anything regarding this so far this year...
weird...

Joannelet
11-04-2010, 02:56 PM
K, I just looked and found the original email and it is not what I thought at all in my initial post. I can't put the link here can I? Mickyluver I am going to send you a pm with it.
But in general it came to my inbox from ESPN.

Joannelet
11-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Just went back to look at the dates for you. I got the initial email November 19th (there is still time) and then the confirmation that I did indeed get them on Nov 21st. You have to print them out right away because they do go on a first come first served basis.
Keep checking the site that I sent you and good luck! :) Hopefully they will do it again this year!

ANG
11-04-2010, 03:43 PM
DVC got first dibs on the Parade Filming Tickets,

I haven't heard a thing.

Joy2theworld
11-06-2010, 09:04 PM
How does this work? We'll be there on Dec. 3rd this year, but does this mean we won't be able to get into the park that day with our normal ticket?

DisneyPrincess21
11-07-2010, 12:38 AM
K, I just looked and found the original email and it is not what I thought at all in my initial post. I can't put the link here can I? Mickyluver I am going to send you a pm with it.
But in general it came to my inbox from ESPN.

Just went back to look at the dates for you. I got the initial email November 19th (there is still time) and then the confirmation that I did indeed get them on Nov 21st. You have to print them out right away because they do go on a first come first served basis.
Keep checking the site that I sent you and good luck! :) Hopefully they will do it again this year!

Could you please PM me with the link also. I have been trying for months to find out when/if I can get tickets for this year.

Buttercup
11-07-2010, 09:58 AM
How does this work? We'll be there on Dec. 3rd this year, but does this mean we won't be able to get into the park that day with our normal ticket?
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the park will still be open during normal hours that day for the general public. I believe they film performances/the parade early in the morning before the park opens.
:confused: At least, that's what I thought...

Ian
11-07-2010, 02:09 PM
In prior years, AP and DVC got first dibs on the Parade Filming Tickets, and they almost immediately were gone.I don't think that's true. I've been an AP holder and a DVC member for going on four years now and I've never been offered these tickets.

In fact, isn't that sort of counter-intuitive? If I was an AP holder, why would I need a free ticket??? :confused:

Joannelet
11-08-2010, 10:52 AM
I am a DVC member also but I don't think I got the email because of that at all.
And yes I will send you the link to the above post that mentioned it! :)

Joannelet
11-08-2010, 11:00 AM

You will be able to get into the park that day with your normal ticket. Do not worry. The parade taping gives out free tickets (or they have in the past) to people that want to go and devote 4 to 5 hours of participating in the taping.

NASCARVW
11-10-2010, 03:32 PM
As a passholder, I still haven't been able to find out anymore information...I've attended the past 4 years as well, and would love any further information!
Thanks in advance...
PM if needed

11-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the park will still be open during normal hours that day for the general public. I believe they film performances/the parade early in the morning before the park opens.
:confused: At least, that's what I thought...

MK is open "normal" hours during the parade taping.

Performances and parade taping "usually" starts around 8 to 8:30am and "usually" goes on until about 4pm or so. Depends on weather, how many "takes" are required and just in general, how the filming goes throughout the day. Parade taping ties up areas of the streets from mid morning through mid afternoon, "usually" about 4 to 5 hours.

DisneyPrincess21
11-10-2010, 10:04 PM
As a passholder, I still haven't been able to find out anymore information...I've attended the past 4 years as well, and would love any further information!
Thanks in advance...
PM if needed

Are you looking for info on getting tickets to attend the parade taping? If so, they had the registration for tickets open yesterday, but they reached capacity shortly thereafter.

NASCARVW
11-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Are you looking for info on getting tickets to attend the parade taping? If so, they had the registration for tickets open yesterday, but they reached capacity shortly thereafter.

UGH...:(

I've attended the taping the last 6 years, darn darn darn.
I was the "coolest" dad in the world last year when the DD was able to meet the Jonas Bros.

Guess we'll go to the park and just hang out and see what happens those 2 days.

Thanks for the update.

DisneyPrincess21
11-11-2010, 01:16 PM
UGH...:(

I've attended the taping the last 6 years, darn darn darn.
I was the "coolest" dad in the world last year when the DD was able to meet the Jonas Bros.

Guess we'll go to the park and just hang out and see what happens those 2 days.

Thanks for the update.

Well, it actually looks like Disney has created a fiasco, after several Disney workers informed people that they could register for tickets, now Disney is saying there are no tickets for the general public. And anyone who is in the park can watch the parade. I think this is going to create a HUGE mess, they have to restrict the people somehow. So we will see what happens, but you might not be completely out of luck yet.

Humphrey
11-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Try this:
http://www.active.com/framed/event_d...ENT_ID=1898480