PDA

View Full Version : Getting in earlier at Ohana's

Disney4us2
11-03-2010, 04:23 PM
I have 8:10pm dinner ADR's for Ohana in December. What are the chances of getting in a little earlier(7:30pm) instead?

KylesMom
11-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Honestly? Our experience is that the later the dinner, the later your ADR may be pushed back. It could be different in December than in June/July, but we've been seated over an hour late for 6:30 - 7:00 ADRs. Part of the problem? Ohana is not an "in and out" restaurant, and folks tend to linger over their meals - and let their kids enjoy the entertainment. It's rare that we make it out of Ohana in less than two hours ourselves. This is one place where we don't expect to be seated on time!

faline
11-03-2010, 06:08 PM
I agree with Carol. This is a very popular and busy restaurant. Many times, you will not be seated on time and, if you arrive early, it is likely you'll be asked to come back and check in at the time of your reservation.

A Big Kid
11-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Honestly? Our experience is that the later the dinner, the later your ADR may be pushed back. !

My experience, as well. I've nver been seated within 30 minutes of my ADR.

SBETigg
11-03-2010, 06:25 PM
We had a 9:50 ADR, checked in a half hour early but still weren't seated until 10-- it seemed they were still catching up with earlier seatings, but it settles down later in the evening. If you checked in at 7:30, I suspect you would still have a wait ahead of you lasting until after your actual ADR time. I would probably check in at the recommended twenty minutes prior to ADR time.

lynnek
11-03-2010, 06:54 PM
After reading thru this thread, I'm liking my 5:20 reservation better and better--I originally thought it would be too early....

Disney4us2
11-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Wow.... not very encouraging. I will have to give DD and I a late snack and adjust my insluin shots.:(

Unfortunately when I booked this at the 180 day mark... it was the earliest time, so I grabbed it.

faline
11-03-2010, 07:31 PM
You never know when you might be surprised! I actually haven't eaten at this location in a while but do enjoy having a drink in the lounge area which gives me a chance to observe what's happening with O'Hana's. We have observed a numbe of families who spend a considerable amount of time waiting to be seated as well as long lines at the host(ess) desk. A small snack sounds like a good idea - you can also order appetizers in the lounge while you wait!

brivers222
11-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Is there a place to watch the fireworks at MK from around 'Ohana... i am picking an 8pm ressie so that (i was hoping) we would be done by 930ish to catch the fireworks on the beach... perhaps i should get us a 9:50 ressie and just have fireworks on the beach then the dinner. actually just saw that wishes is at 10... darn, i may be blocked either way!

SBETigg
11-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Is there a place to watch the fireworks at MK from around 'Ohana... i am picking an 8pm ressie so that (i was hoping) we would be done by 930ish to catch the fireworks on the beach... perhaps i should get us a 9:50 ressie and just have fireworks on the beach then the dinner. actually just saw that wishes is at 10... darn, i may be blocked either way!

Once you're seated, they move you through your meal pretty quickly, usually. It's very possible you will be done by ten, and then head down to the Poly beach and watch fireworks from there.