PDA

View Full Version : Best Places To Spend Out of Pocket

iheartdisney
11-01-2010, 05:40 PM
One of the drawbacks of keeping a trip a surprise is that when your kids finally find out - they have their own two cents to chip in about where to eat. ADRs are already made and when I tried to shift things around, it was difficult to find room at most of the restaurants so close to our trip. So we're going to try a few walk-ups as soon a restaurant opens.

We're on the dining plan and I want to spend our credits wisely. What are your recommendations for best restaurants to pay for out of pocket? Some of the worst?

Thanks!

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
11-01-2010, 09:12 PM
It gets a bad rap here, but we like Sci fi out of pocket. We have always been able to walk up and be seated soon (Sometimes at a "table" rather than a car... but hey, we were eating and watching the movies. )

Disney Hungarian
11-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Taco Bell!:) The one near the intersection of Sherberth (sp) road and U.S. 192 is very convenient if you know the short-cut. 3 bean burritos $3 and a beer back at the resort makes for a fine dining experience.

Or since this is about WDW, I would suggest some of the options at DTD.:mickey:

Zippy 1
11-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Most buffets are best paid for out of pocket. I would use your credits at the more expensive TS meals. Look at the menus her on Intercot and try and figure out where they would be best spent given your current ADRs

Goofy_Guy
11-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Trails End Buffet in Fort Wilderness is a great and cheap breakfast buffet.

elmjimmlm
11-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Liberty Tree for lunch is a great out of pocket place...You order off the menu and you can spend as little or much as you want...I think really any place that has off the menu and lunch in some places will be a little less expensive...

Disney4us2
11-02-2010, 11:10 AM
For our December trip (29 days:)), I am doing several OOP TS. On our arrival day, we have Kona Cafe. We have 2 character breakfasts... Crystal Palace and Tusker House (breakfast is the least expensive) buffets. I also have Tokyo Dining for lunch. Lunches also tend to be the less expensive than dinners.

hauntedmansiongirl
11-02-2010, 11:40 AM
We have a few favourite out of pocket restaurants. First, 50s Prime Time Cafe in DHS. We love their fried chicken and it's one of the cheapest things on the menu. Second, Whispering Canyon Cafe in the Wilderness Lodge. Lots of selection, unlimited refill milkshakes and great fun for the kids. Another place to consider is Planet Hollywood in Downtown Disney. You should get a $15 off voucher with your package, which saves a bit. Lunch is cheaper there. Kids also love the atmosphere of the place and we have never had a problem walking up and getting a table. :mickey:

Gator
11-02-2010, 12:27 PM
The Plaza Restaurant at the MK is really a bad deal for the Dining Plan, but it's a really good deal for paying out of pocket. At DHS, SciFi is a good deal. Epcot: the Cantina in Mexico. Animal Kingdom: Flame Tree is always a good deal.

MickyLuver
11-03-2010, 07:10 PM
If you stay onsite I like the Rainforest Cafe b/c the portion size is considerable for a sit down meal. For a good meal and quick service I also like Earl of Sandwich. They have great soups and hot/cold sandwiches and salads. Both are DD.

If you go off-site I would suggest Cracker Barrel on
I-92. If your staying at AKL, it is very close. In fact, on I-92 there are plenty of restaurants for off-site dining.

Good Luck and have a wonderful vacation. :mickey:

ryca1dreams
11-07-2010, 12:47 AM
Most buffets are best paid for out of pocket. I would use your credits at the more expensive TS meals. Look at the menus her on Intercot and try and figure out where they would be best spent given your current ADRs

I agree with this. We are looking at Boma, Ohana, and Crystal Palace for out-of-pocket TS for a potential spring trip.