PDA

View Full Version : MK - Tues. Oct 26 -Why low crowds?

DisneyFr33k
11-01-2010, 02:55 PM
We went to MK on Tuesday, October 26th. We've gone this time of year for 4 years in a row now, and crowds have always been moderate to heavy. But on this day, there were literally no crowds! At noon, we were eating lunch at Columbia Harbour House - on the bridge overlooking Fantasy Land and Liberty Square. We were fascinated at how few people were on the streets! The MNSSHP was that night and by 3-4pm the crowds returned, but we wondered why so few earlier in the day! Big Thunder, Spash and Space Mountains had a wait time of 5-10 minutes all day (until 3-4 pm)!

We returned the next day, and the crowds were moderate to heavy all day long (9am-5pm).

Strange! Any ideas why?

Belster
11-01-2010, 03:00 PM
I have to disagree...we were there that week as well and at the party on 10/26. I have done this week for the past 4 years and NEVER have I seen WDW as crowded as I did that week. The lines were packed!

Maybe we have different views on crowded. :mickey:

DisneyFr33k
11-01-2010, 07:25 PM
I have to disagree...we were there that week as well and at the party on 10/26. I have done this week for the past 4 years and NEVER have I seen WDW as crowded as I did that week. The lines were packed!

Maybe we have different views on crowded. :mickey:

Were you there during the day (9am-3pm) on Tuesday, October 26? If so, you couldn't help but notice the light crowds! In Liberty Square we sat an ate lunch and no more than 4-5 people passed under teh Columbia Harbour house bridge at a time, we counted!! The person taking our order for lunch even commented on how light the crowds were that day too.

However, Wednesday October 27th was packed from 9am on....

Strange how one day is lighter than another!

Scar
11-01-2010, 08:23 PM
It is odd how different days, times, parks, and perception can be so different.

From my post in the other crowd thread:

I arrived Sun 10/24 and World Showcase was packed, really packed. Mon - Fri the parks were very light. Most stuff was near walkon. Even walked onto Splash Mountain about 10:00AM and had a log all to myself. Fri night and Sat (until 2:00 at least) at World Showcase was crowded but not as crowded as the prior Sun.

Even Soarin' one afternoon didn't have a long wait at 4:30. Not sure what the wait time was but after handing in my FP, I looked back and could see the end of the line way before the bend. I expected WS to be crowded on the weekend, but really, I thought it was very light crowds during the week. I was in MK the morning of 10/26 and it was empty.

DisneyFr33k
11-02-2010, 07:38 AM
It is odd how different days, times, parks, and perception can be so different.

From my post in the other crowd thread:
I expected WS to be crowded on the weekend, but really, I thought it was very light crowds during the week. I was in MK the morning of 10/26 and it was empty.

We were at Epcot too on Sunday, October 24th and it was more crowded than normal (we usually go on a week day, but didn't this year). We expected it to be crowded as it was a weekend and with the Food and Wine Festival would attract more locals. But the MK being so empty for the morning and early afternoon on the 26th was wonderfully odd! By mid-late afternoon, it was crazy crowded for the MNSSHP.

Aurora
11-02-2010, 09:53 AM
My guesses are:

1. Magic Kingdom usually crowded Saturday and Sunday, vacationers coming in on Sunday often do MK on Monday.

2. Monday night, Oct. 25, was evening EMH at MK.

3. Tuesday night, Oct. 26, was MNSSHP.

As you said, the crowds started again in the afternoon right before MNSSHP. My guess is that guests for these few days did their MK touring Monday during the day, Monday night during EMH, and Tuesday night during MNSSHP. Might be something for other visitors to look for next year to see if it holds true during MNSSHP season.

wildernesslady
11-02-2010, 04:59 PM
We were there Oct. 24-28. We thought every park was packed. We did attend MNNSHP on the 26th also. It was very busy and extremely hot. We still had a great time though.

Scar
11-02-2010, 05:18 PM
We were there Oct. 24-28. We thought every park was packed. We did attend MNNSHP on the 26th also. It was very busy and extremely hot. We still had a great time though.You should have followed me. It was light where I was the 25th to the 28th. I will agree with you on heat though. The next day it cooled off nicely. :cool:

wildernesslady
11-02-2010, 05:46 PM
You should have followed me. It was light where I was the 25th to the 28th. I will agree with you on heat though. The next day it cooled off nicely. :cool:

Are you going in March? I might follow you around. I did hear the heat broke the next day. I've been there in Aug. and it seemed hotter than that. It was fun though.

BigThunderFan
11-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Tuesdays are always one of the best days to visit MK, unless of course it is a holiday. Being that the party was that night just made the day that much better because most people will avoid the park on party days.

smokester653
11-04-2010, 08:54 AM
We were at MK on Thursday Oct 28th & we walked on every ride- no wait. :mickey: We went to Ohanas for breakfast & arived at MK around 930am. It was a very hot day but the crowds were extremely low. Now as the weekend approached, the crowds grew.:D