PDA

View Full Version : Kids w/ Cancer

CU Tiger
11-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Our friend's DD (11 yrs old) has brain cancer and is in the MK today with a hole bunch of other kids fighting cancer. They will be there all week and will be doing a whole bunch of specialized stuff. This is all at no cost to them. I am so glad that groups organize and do special events like these:thumbsup:. This is a great way for the kids to have a break of all they are going through and get some smiles on their faces.
She keeps texting me and rubbing it in that she is at DW and I am not.:mickey:

SpecJoe Magic
11-01-2010, 12:24 PM
I agree. It's wonderful that they get to experience the magic of Disney and hopefully forget about their troubles for at least a little while. :)

Disney Hungarian
11-01-2010, 12:24 PM
That is Awesome! I hope they have a great time. What is the name of the organization?

ChipNDale79
11-01-2010, 12:56 PM
There's a local radio station here in Charlotte that has a charity called Grin Kids. They raise money throughout the entire year and once a year they fly kids with terminal diseases and their entire families to WDW for free. IMO that is so cool to do.

CU Tiger
11-01-2010, 07:50 PM
I also understand that the have all day fast-passes while they are there.

The group putting this on is the "sunshine network".

Disney Hungarian
11-01-2010, 08:55 PM
The group putting this on is the "sunshine network".

Joannelet
11-02-2010, 07:46 AM
What a wonderful experience for these families. When I was a cast member I volunteered at Give Kids The World there. It was an amazing experience that I will never forget. Those kids are some special kids that is for sure.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-02-2010, 09:34 AM
That's great