PDA

View Full Version : Rrc

John and Becky
11-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Any idea why the Rockin Roller Coaster is down or when it will reopen?

Gator
11-01-2010, 02:42 PM
What I'm hearing is that they're fixing some tech issues that caused it to shut down last week. There's a rumor that it may be a mini-refurb, but that's all it is: a rumor.

DisneyFr33k
11-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Wow, we were lucky. We were there a week ago today and rode it over and over! What went wrong?

BugeyedMuggy
11-03-2010, 07:36 AM
We will be there Friday morning. Is it down now???

VWL Mom
11-03-2010, 07:43 AM
It was closed on Monday. Going back to DHS tomorrow with fingers crossed.:fingers:

smokester653
11-03-2010, 08:55 AM
We rode it this past Thursday but went back on Monday & it was closed :(

DizneyRox
11-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Wow, we were lucky.
From the rumors, you can't imagine how lucky. Again, just rumors, since Disney is keeping mum on what really happened.

Mitzie
11-03-2010, 11:00 AM
We were just on RRC this past Sat. and all was good...hope someone expands on what might of happened.

crltkcagle
11-03-2010, 11:20 AM
From the rumors, you can't imagine how lucky. Again, just rumors, since Disney is keeping mum on what really happened.
Do tell ... the rumor that is please.

Polynesian Dweller
11-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Dizneyrox does catch your attention but I also have heard the rumours and some better confirmed news and it's not quite that dramatic. At this point nothing has been officially confirmed so it's premature to spread the rumours yet IMO. Just say, there were operational issues identified and they were found by the various systems (automated and human) like they should be. Once I have more confidence about things I'll post more.

renecat
11-04-2010, 01:46 PM
We were there 10/29/10 and it was down.

exvagirl
11-07-2010, 08:22 PM
It was open this past week when we were there...in an unrelated issue, I was on line and just about to board the limo when we were at a complete stand still. Turns out a kid who must've been about 6 or 7 was hysterically telling his parents he didn't want to ride but they made him go anyway. The limo that the kid was in was already at the restricted launch area, so to get him off, they had to shut down the entire ride for almost half an hour so they could unlock the harnesses safely to get the hysterical kid off. Just wanted to share about that. This post might be in the wrong section but I saw this thread and thought of this little story :)

DisneyFr33k
11-08-2010, 06:19 AM

Do tell ... the rumor that is please.

I do understand the need to not spread unconfirmed rumors, but it sounds like (from DizneyRox) that it is a safety issue? Sounds like I was lucky to get off!

Please let us know when you find out for sure!

disneydad153
11-08-2010, 09:02 AM
We rode it on Wednesday 11/2 without any problems. We were told it was down prior due to an issue with the safety bars.

BugeyedMuggy
11-10-2010, 09:37 AM
I was so glad it was up and running on 11/5. This is my favorite ride and would have been sad to have to wait til Dec trip to ride it.

Polynesian Dweller
11-10-2010, 10:54 AM
It does seem to have been an issue with the restraints but it's a bit over the top to say people were lucky to get off alive. It wasn't that level and remember that the safety systems dud what they should and the inspections were done.

Nothing specific about what the exact problem was at this point that I can come up with but it wasn't at a life threatening level.