PDA

View Full Version : Staying at BCV for the first time in May!

laprana
11-01-2010, 09:49 AM
I'm so incredibly excited because this morning I switched over our May reservation from AKV Kidani to BCV! We'll be there from May 28 to June 8 in a 2-bedroom. Woohoo! :woohoo::joy:

I was worried that we wouldn't get a ressie at BCV because I've read so much stuff about how hard it is to get in there at the 7-month mark. But, the whole process was quick and painless and we had no problems at all booking there!

This is our first time staying at BCV or any of the Epcot area resorts (although we have visited them before), and I'm interested in any tips my fellow Intercotees might have! What should we not miss at BCV? Do you have any recommendations on requesting a room location? What's the best thing about staying there?

TIA for any tips you have! I can't wait until next May!! :yay:

Disney_Barbie
11-01-2010, 10:03 AM
My best advice is that if you'd like to see illuminations from your room to request a 5th floor room facing epcot (as far as 2brds go, I think 553 would be an ideal views, but in 542 you might also be able to spot a few if you lean a bit.

Beyond that, just relish the joy of the beach club, in our humble opinion, the single greatest disney resort!

laprana
11-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the great info! I think we're leaning toward requesting an Epcot view or a pool view, but we're also thinking about not requesting anything at all and seeing where we end up! No matter where our room is, I'll just be happy to be staying at the Beach Club! I've wanted to stay there since I visited it for the first time about 5 years ago! :D

MarkC
11-02-2010, 03:46 PM
You've probably heard this before, and I'm not sure if you are traveling with children but guessing you are in a 2 bedroom, the pool area is not to be missed. You may have to drag your kids out of it to go the parks. There are several organized activities which your children really will enjoy. I am usually not into organized games by the pool but DIsney finds a way to make them entertaining for all.

Make sure you take a stroll around the boardwalk during the evening hours as well. And don't forget to use the International Gateway entrance at Epcot that gets you right into the World Showcase.

The only thing I would tell you to possibly avoid is the boat ride to Disney Studios if you miss the first boat. It takes forever for it to come back and is a slow ride to begin with. If you catch it great, but don't wait long for it. Drive to it if you have a car.

faline
11-02-2010, 03:48 PM
The only thing I would tell you to possibly avoid is the boat ride to Disney Studios if you miss the first boat. It takes forever for it to come back and is a slow ride to begin with. If you catch it great, but don't wait long for it. Drive to it if you have a car.

You can also walk to the Studios from the Beach Club. There's a nice pathway that follows the waterway.

laprana
11-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks everyone for all the great tips!

You've probably heard this before, and I'm not sure if you are traveling with children but guessing you are in a 2 bedroom, the pool area is not to be missed.

No kids on this trip...we're 4 adults, but we'll definitely be checking out SAB! I can't wait, I've walked by there before when visiting BC and wished I could jump in with everyone else! :blush:

And I'm really looking forward to being just a short walk away from Epcot! We have several dinners planned in WS, so that will make it really easy to get to them! We're also planning a dinner at Cape May Cafe and might try to grab lunch (or at least an ice cream) at Beaches 'N Cream. :tasty: Anyone have any other dining recommendations for the BC/YC/BWV/Epcot area?

Thanks for the tip on walking to DHS, too! About how long of a walk is it? We'll probably go that route if we end up missing the boat.

MarkC
11-03-2010, 10:55 AM
The walk is about 20 minutes if you go at a steady pace. If you doddle along it will take a lot longer of course. I don't recommend the walk unless you are in really good shape as you normally walk several miles at Disney anyway and it can wear on you, but that's a personal preference.

artyboy
11-20-2010, 06:30 PM
If you love seafood check out Bluezoo in the Dolphin...even if you don't, go have a drink at the bar. Gorgeous restaurant!!! A little pricey, but worth it. We usually share a raw bar sampler and have a glass of wine to save cash, but it's one of the most beautiful restaurants on property and the walk to the Dolphin at night is lovely!

You're going to LOVE BCV!!!

FiggyFan
11-20-2010, 10:00 PM
Beaches 'N Cream gets crowded, and has a rather small area for counter service. I prefer Seashore Sweets on the Boardwalk side for an evening ice cream cone. If you want to see the fireworks at Epcot without being right in the park, the bridge near the Dolphin and Swan is a good place to eat ice cream and watch fireworks.

BeachClubBum
11-21-2010, 08:05 PM
walking to Epcot and MGM
breakfast at Boardwalk Bakery
Ice Cream at Beaches and Cream (food is good too)
The pool!
Art the doorman
Jelly Rolls at night!

MinnieMommie
11-21-2010, 09:54 PM
You are going to have a wonderful time! A few things:

The walk to HS is nice but we either drive or take the boat. We were there a few weeks ago and drove. We really walk and not a a leisurely pace while in the parks so even though the walk to HS is nice it is not my preferred way to get there.

Love Beaches and Cream. We always have a meal there with a chocolate milk shake which are awesome at Beaches and Cream.

One overlooked dining venue is Captains Grill. They have pretty good food with reasonable prices and a congenial atmosphere. The breakfast buffet is really inexpensive. There is also a DCV discount which can be applied for some meals. I would check out their menu and see if it appeals to you. :mickey:

laprana
11-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Thanks so much for all the info and tips everyone! Keep 'em coming! :thumbsup:

I'm getting so excited about staying at BCV that I can hardly stand it! I don't know if I'll last another 187 days! :D

lovin'fl
11-23-2010, 09:03 PM
We've stayed at the BWV twice and love the Boardwalk resort area. We ate at Big River Brew Pub and that was good. Cape May is very yummy!!! Supposidly, the Flying Fish is good and I think it used to be 2 table services on the DDP and is now just 1 (I might be wrong). The shop in Beach Club has a sandwich counter that is a good counter service choice.

The walk to Epcot is nothing and we always walked to HS as well (it is a bit longer than Epcot, but do-able).

Enjoy!!! It should be fantastic!!!:thumbsup: