PDA

View Full Version : Resorts participating in free dining?

CanadaLovesDisney
10-31-2010, 11:06 PM
During the free dining dates in 2011 which resorts participate? From the website I believe Polynesian does not offer free dining? Is this true and are their other resorts which do not participate?

Thanks very much.:mickey:

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
11-01-2010, 01:44 AM
All Disney resorts are included, including the Polynesian Resort.

Disney4us2
11-01-2010, 02:21 AM
I believe they all offer the free dining during certain dates. I tried to book my December trip with free dining for POFQ, but they were all sold out of the free dining at that resort so I will be at CBR instead. They still had rooms available with the free dining. That leads me to believe that there are a limited number of free dining room packages at each resort. Maybe the Poly is all sold out of the free dining rooms.

I would contact Magical Journeys. They are fantastic and should have all the answers for you regarding your trip.

Gator
11-01-2010, 03:25 PM
It all depends on what day you arrive. When I first booked my January trip, I could only get into CBR with free dining. But I moved the trip 3 days later and I could get into all of the moderates with free dining. If you haven't booked flights, or if you got Southwest and can move the flights, try chaning the dates or your arrival.

CleveRocks
11-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Free dining is a promotion that Disney trots out in order to increase room sales. They do it only at times of year that usually see fewer rooms sold than normal.

Once a certain number of rooms are sold, Disney doesn't allow the free dining promotion for that room type at that resort for those dates. They find no reason to offer rooms at a lower price when they're selling at an acceptable level.

So if you're using the website and there are no rooms available with the free dining promotion at whatever resort, it's not because it's not offered at that resort, it's just that for those dates the rooms have already sold well enough that Disney no longer wants to sell those rooms at a discount anymore.

A similar thing happens on the website during busy times of year, when the free dining promotion isn't offered at all. Let's say Polynesian is totally sold out for your dates (or actually, it could be sold out for only one of your dates). If that's the case, then Polynesian won't even show up as an option for you on the website. The website doesn't show you all resorts and all room categories, it only shows you the room types and resorts that are available for your dates.

CanadaLovesDisney
11-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the great answers!