PDA

View Full Version : MVMCP Schedule Question

dwiller1
10-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Hi there -

My friends and I (no kids) are planning on attending MVMCP on November 18. I've never seen the Magic Kingdom decked out for Christmas, so we're looking forward to seeing it.

My question was about the schedule of events. I understand it's a separate ticket and it's from 7pm-midnight. Due to the infrequency of "Fantasmic!" shows (our favorite show) while we are on vacation, we were thinking of seeing the 6:30pm show of Fantasmic! and then driving to the MK for MVMCP. So my guess is that we wouldn't get there until closer to 8pm. Would we miss anything?

Specifically - when is the parade? When are the fireworks? When does the "snow" fall on Main Street?

Thanks to any who may have a suggestion for us!!

Dave

10-31-2010, 06:00 PM
Parades are at 8:15 & 10:30 with Holiday Wishes at 9:30. Castle lighting is at 6:30.

Snow is after each parade and normally after Fireworks.

Probably a bit "hard pressed" to get there by 8 after Fantasmic at 6:30

faline
10-31-2010, 06:06 PM
We once arrived on a party night for a stay at the Poly. The traffic getting to the Poly (which is the same traffic you'd be in to get to the parking at Ticket & Transportation Center) was very slow and it took us a good 15-20 minutes to get from the entrance gate (where'd you pay for parking) to clear the traffic and approach the Poly so keep this possibility in mind as well as you try to get from one spot to the other.

Personally, I'd probably not try to do both in the same night.

Pirate Granny
10-31-2010, 07:40 PM
You are paying extra for the party...get there at 4pm...there is plenty to do and see...

Fantasmic should wait for another time...no holiday extra added there...but do make sure to see the oSborne holiday lights at the studio.