PDA

View Full Version : Musical "Shows" at Disney

daisyhead
10-30-2010, 04:50 PM
DD is VERY into musical shows right now. Just wanting to get some reviews on the various "shows" at Disney.

We've seen Little Mermaid at HS. Any others that would be great?

Thanks! :mickey:

lindique
10-30-2010, 05:50 PM
Don't miss "Finding Nemo, the Musical" at the Animal Kingdom. It is a special treat!

ibrowse17
10-30-2010, 05:50 PM
We enjoyed the Finding Nemo musical at Animal Kingdom:thumbsup:

badkitty
10-30-2010, 06:13 PM
I think the Festival of the Lion King (FTLK) at AK is the most spectacular musical show at WDW. :thumbsup: This one is a must see. All the music from the movie with fantastic performers packed into about 30 minutes. It is extremely well produced and very entertaining. There is singing, dancing, acrobats and a fire-twirler. Plus, Timon, Pumba and Simba. Great fun! :mickey:

Suz36
10-30-2010, 07:13 PM
The various performers throughout the different parks are all wonderful as well. Check your Times Guide you get when you enter the parks, and they will have all the performance times listed. I'm guessing she'd love the Disney Channel show at DHS - haven't seen it yet myself, but loved the HSM3 show!

IloveDisney71
10-30-2010, 07:46 PM
The Festival of the Lion King at the AK is my favorite show in WDW. It is unlike any other show and has a little bit of everything. Even my DH who doesn't really enjoy the shows really likes this one.

BrerGnat
10-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Another vote for Festival of the Lion King. This is the best one, I think, in all four parks!

Personally, I found Finding Nemo the Musical to be exceptionally boring. It is WAY too long...too much of the same thing. Your child might love it, though, as long as she can sit through a rather long show (maybe 30-40 min?).

Beauty and the Beast at DHS is also really good.

If she likes to watch live singing or musical acts, there are several at Epcot's world showcase.

Gator
10-30-2010, 09:46 PM
I never miss Beauty& the Beast. Very true to the original cartoon movie, but even more entertaining. And I'll agree with the Nemo lovers...it's a fantastic show.

Carol
10-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Hands down -- Finding Nemo! :dory: :nemo:

SpecJoe Magic
10-31-2010, 05:59 AM
I believe that there are two outstanding musicals at WDW, and they are both at Animal Kingdom.

The Finding Nemo musical is the closest thing to a Broadway show in any of the theme parks. It's really well done in all aspects. The songs are catchy, the costumes are beautiful, and the length is just right. The only bad thing I can think to say about it is that the seats are a little uncomfortable.

Festival of the Lion King is a combination of music and acrobatics. It's a more up close and personal experience than Finding Nemo due to it being in closer proximity to the audience, which lends itself to a little audience interaction and participation. This may sound strange, but I get almost as much of an adrenaline rush at this show as I do from riding any of the WDW thrill rides.

There are a few other decent musicals such as Beauty and the Beast at Hollywood Studios, but I think that both of the musicals at Animal Kingdom are must-do attractions.

To be honest, I feel that Voyage of the Little Mermaid is the weakest musical at WDW, so if you and your daughter enjoyed it, then you are in for a real treat with the others.

brivers222
10-31-2010, 12:44 PM
My favs

Indiana Jones
Beauty and the Beast
Festival of the lion king
Finding Nemo
Little Mermaid

I would have rated nemo higher but the voices were pretty awful when we say it in October.... Crush sounded terrible, perhaps they were having technical difficulties that day.... regardless it's my only experience with the show.

LVT
10-31-2010, 07:45 PM
Festival of the Lion King at AK
Finding Nemo at AK
Beauty and the Beast at HS

Music involved:
Dancing Fountains at Epcot
Jammonitors at Epcot (trash can drums)
Drummers of Japan Epcot
Illuminations at Epcot

Scar
11-01-2010, 11:09 AM
With the exception of Fantasmic! being a complete waste of time, I think all the shows are very good to great.