PDA

View Full Version : PORS-Which building to choose?

angie12210
10-29-2010, 09:18 PM
My friend and I are going Dec 1-8 (Gosh, it's getting close). In your opinion which building should we choose to be close to the bus stops and restaurant? :mickey:

elmjimmlm
10-30-2010, 12:33 PM
14 and 18 are the buildings that are the best IMO...14 is right behind the main building and you can walk through the parking lot to the bus stop which is the south depot...We always try for 14 but 18, 27 and 15 are also good locations...

sydzach
11-01-2010, 10:42 AM
We are staying at POR coming up in November, I booked through Magical Journeys, I have no idea where we will be but we do have a room with extra bed, can anyone tell me what buildings I might be? My agent from MJ said she couldn't tell me exactly where we would be, Disney assigns that close to your expect arrival. Is there a time when I can call and find out where we are going to be?

#1donaldfan
11-01-2010, 12:23 PM
14 and 18 are the absolute closest....both are, maybe, a one minute walk to the food and a two minute walk to the busses....!!! :thumbsup:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
11-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Our last visit we stayed in building #18 and we've put in a request for that building again for our trip at the end of this month. It's conveniently close to the food courts, the bus stop and it's a pretty easy walk from there to the main pool, plus there is a quiet pool behind it.

angie12210
11-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Can anybody tell me what kind of views you get from 14 and 18?

elmjimmlm
11-01-2010, 11:26 PM
We are staying at POR coming up in November, I booked through Magical Journeys, I have no idea where we will be but we do have a room with extra bed, can anyone tell me what buildings I might be? My agent from MJ said she couldn't tell me exactly where we would be, Disney assigns that close to your expect arrival. Is there a time when I can call and find out where we are going to be?

If you are getting a room with a trundle bed then you will be in the Alligator Bayou section and that is where 14 and 18 are...

With 14 you could have a water view or a parking lot or resort view...18 you could have a resort view or a pool view...

The Hitchhiking Ghost
11-02-2010, 02:18 PM

Our view from building 18 was basically overlooking the manicured pathways facing towards the food court area. Since the food court and check in buildings are nicely themed, it was a very pleasant view. Although to be honest, these buildings don't have balconies. In the AB you walk outside the rooms, so not sure how often you would sit in your room looking out an open window when people can look back in. I would usually take my resort mug, step out the room and lean against the rail and just soak it in (we were on 2nd floor).

garymacd
11-02-2010, 02:30 PM
We just got back from POR and stayed in 15 with a very nice view of the gardens. It isn't much more of a walk to the main building than 14 and both have a nice short cut to the bus stop through the parking lot. It is also the first bus stop at POR which is really nice.

angie12210
11-03-2010, 12:26 AM
So do some of the rooms have balconies??? If so, what's my best bet for getting one of those and what kind of views do those have?

angie12210
11-03-2010, 12:34 AM
Never mind. I misread a previous post. Thanks anyway. Got all excited there for a second.