PDA

View Full Version : I Stumped the Cast Member

CinderAriel
10-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Just finished a chat with a CM regarding my difficulties making ADR's 180+10 days. I thought that I was doing something wrong because for the last three days when I have been "practing" making ADR's, I am never asked for my resort confirmation number when trying to book, and I have yet to see anything on any of the message boards about this. Anyway, she stated this:

You have officially stumped the cast member! Before our system upgrade you could book online for your 180+10. I was completely unaware that that option was no longer valid. Please accept my apologies. I did not know this new information until now. I am so sorry.
It looks like currently we are asking all guests that need to book their 180+10 dining reservations to call in to the Disney Reservation Center.

Now my neurotic mind is worried that I will not get the hour head start on the real day. Oh well, guess I'll just keep practicing, and maybe it will be fixed in a couple of weeks when the real day comes.

Anyone else notice this issue?

faline
10-27-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm surprised that no-one who has been booking reservation date plus 10 have reported this yet!!

CinderAriel
10-27-2010, 06:14 PM
My thoughts exactly! She even tried to do it herself and had the same problem.

faline
10-27-2010, 06:42 PM
I just tried to book a reservation for slightly more than 180 days out and this is the message I received:

We're sorry but this service is currently not available online. If you have a resort reservation and need to book greater than 180 days, please call 407-WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463.

CinderAriel
10-27-2010, 06:53 PM
That's the same one I receive!

faline
10-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Hopefully, they get this squared away soon!

Polynesian Dweller
10-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Not surprised really. I learned last week just how massive this upgrade is and it's a huge change similar to changing from DOS to Windows. Talking to some CMs at the world last week, there will be glitches for a while and that's not unexpected. This is an extremely major upgrade of all systems.

brivers222
10-28-2010, 03:08 PM
how do you get to be the lucky ones to book at 190 days out???

PopPhan
10-28-2010, 03:16 PM
how do you get to be the lucky ones to book at 190 days out???

If you are staying ON PROPERTY, you can book at 180 days from your arrival date and include the next 10 days of your trip. This is referred to as the 180 +10 window.

Just a slight bonus for staying on property.

brivers222
10-28-2010, 03:38 PM
oh excellent...my things change in 6 years lol

this will work out perfectly for my trip.

Disney4us2
10-30-2010, 04:45 PM
Just finished a chat with a CM regarding my difficulties making ADR's 180+10 days. I thought that I was doing something wrong because for the last three days when I have been "practing" making ADR's, I am never asked for my resort confirmation number when trying to book, and I have yet to see anything on any of the message boards about this. Anyway, she stated this:

You have officially stumped the cast member! Before our system upgrade you could book online for your 180+10. I was completely unaware that that option was no longer valid. Please accept my apologies. I did not know this new information until now. I am so sorry.
It looks like currently we are asking all guests that need to book their 180+10 dining reservations to call in to the Disney Reservation Center.

Now my neurotic mind is worried that I will not get the hour head start on the real day. Oh well, guess I'll just keep practicing, and maybe it will be fixed in a couple of weeks when the real day comes.

Anyone else notice this issue?

The same thing happend to me. I was able to make the ADR for the day at 180 days out. I then called to Disney Dining and made the rest through the CM. She was not able to get some of the places I wanted. It wouldn't let her book.

I went back later when I was able to book online and got what she couldn't do. I like the online much better.